Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 404
  1. #276
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,128
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,365 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    So youre saying the 360 version of AC3 looks better than PS3? Theres trade offs on both and differences are "marginal" according to DF. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...eed-3-face-off
    Yes, regarding to the differences that lethal is talking about. No, I'm not specifically saying that everything in ass creed 3 on the 360 looks better than the ps3 version.


    Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk




  2. #277
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yes, regarding to the differences that lethal is talking about. No, I'm not specifically saying that everything in ass creed 3 on the 360 looks better than the ps3 version. Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk
    Oh ok, my bad. Anyway back to the topic. lol

  3. #278
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,689
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    83,511 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Honestly I would not qualify this as "knowing about computers". Two entirely different standards.

    @TGO

    Lethal is just defensive about his investment. Just natural imo.
    Your opinion is incredibly false. I have played games that sucked on the Wii U. I am also not blind and can see which console looks and runs certain games better.

    The whole "getting defensive about his investment" just makes no sense. This console is not an investment, and I only bought it to try out Nintendo's new hardware. I give praise where praise is deserved. Just seems certain members can not handle that.

    Same members getting butt hurt over and over again about the PS3 not being up to par with some others.......Get over it.
    Last edited by Lethal; 12-05-2012 at 23:33.

  4. #279
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,128
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,365 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wii U pwns PS3. Lethal news at 10! ROFL. ps, don't punch me in the face again.




  5. #280
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Your opinion is incredibly false. I have played games that sucked on the Wii U. I am also not blind and can see which console looks and runs certain games better.

    The whole "getting defensive about his investment" just makes no sense. This console is not an investment, and I only bought it to try out Nintendo's new hardware. I give praise where praise is deserved. Just seems certain members can not handle that.

    Same members getting butt hurt over and over again about the PS3 not being up to par with some others.......Get over it.

    I don't own a PS3.










    *Read this post listening to this:

    Last edited by Vulgotha; 12-06-2012 at 01:25.


  6. #281
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,689
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    83,511 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I don't own a PS3.

    Why do I care if you own a PS3 or not? My opinions are open to the entire forum and I can discuss my opinion on how which game looks better on said consoles.

    Why do you think my comments about AC3 and BLOPS are only directed towards you?

    And then you try to say that I basically am talking out of my ass and just defensive about my purchase? You do not own a PS3, nor a Wii U. Why are you even in this conversation lol?
    Last edited by Lethal; 12-06-2012 at 04:23.

  7. #282
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Why do I care if you own a PS3 or not? My opinions are open to the entire forum and I can discuss my opinion on how which game looks better on said consoles.

    Why do you think my comments about AC3 and BLOPS are only directed towards you?

    And then you try to say that I basically am talking out of my ass and just defensive about my purchase? You do not own a PS3, nor a Wii U. Why are you even in this conversation lol?

    It's an easy mistake to believe this:
    Same members getting butt hurt over and over again about the PS3 not being up to par with some others.......Get over it.

    Was meant for me.

    And then you try to say that I basically am talking out of my ass and just defensive about my purchase?

    And I wouldn't put it so.. Crudely. I don't believe your position is correct, and I do think you're being defensive.

    You do not own a PS3, nor a Wii U. Why are you even in this conversation lol?
    Uh.. You kind of answered this final question with your first in this post:

    Why do I care if you own a PS3 or not? My opinions are open to the entire forum and I can discuss my opinion on how which game looks better on said consoles.



    I did own a PS3 at one time. Furthermore, I don't need to own either console to analyze their hardware capabilities, features and draw conclusions from a proper analysis of those and other factors.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 12-06-2012 at 05:17.


  8. #283
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,874
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,745,175 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

  9. #284
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,689
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    83,511 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I did own a PS3 at one time. Furthermore, I don't need to own either console to analyze their hardware capabilities, features and draw conclusions from a proper analysis of those and other factors.

    Yes you do. You do need to play them for yourself on both consoles to make a proper analysis. Or you can continue using other peoples opinions to pull which ones you want to side with...

    I only get defensive when someone tries to tell me why I say what I say. Like my opinions on certain games are only because I am trying to justify my purchase.....

  10. #285
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,874
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,745,175 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Bah...c'mon...consoles are like women, some have longer legs than others, the ones with shorter legs might have bigger breasts, but at the end of the day if they bounce on yo ass and get you bustin' all kindz of nuts, who cares?

  11. #286
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,572
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    41,062 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Bah...c'mon...consoles are like women, some have longer legs than others, the ones with shorter legs might have bigger breasts, but at the end of the day if they bounce on yo ass and get you bustin' all kindz of nuts, who cares?

  12. Likes MartyRules likes this post
  13. #287
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,506
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    13,165 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Bah...c'mon...consoles are like women, some have longer legs than others, the ones with shorter legs might have bigger breasts, but at the end of the day if they bounce on yo ass and get you bustin' all kindz of nuts, who cares?
    And.....this thread delivers! Lmao

    Sent via Codec

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  14. #288
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,199
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    202,432 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Bah...c'mon...consoles are like women, some have longer legs than others, the ones with shorter legs might have bigger breasts, but at the end of the day if they bounce on yo ass and get you bustin' all kindz of nuts, who cares?
    I dunno, I've done that a few times and woken up with something I nearly had to gnaw my arm of to get away from
    Its even worse when you realise you're escaping from your own house.

  15. Likes Nerevar , BBK.. likes this post
  16. #289
    Forum Elder
    RaY_210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,685
    Rep Power
    43
    Points
    30,647 (0 Banked)
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Bah...c'mon...consoles are like women, some have longer legs than others, the ones with shorter legs might have bigger breasts, but at the end of the day if they bounce on yo ass and get you bustin' all kindz of nuts, who cares?
    +rep for that! Lol

    And how is this whole thing even an issue? Lets put it this way. The Wii U is superior/better/more powerful/however the hell you want to quantify it than the PS3 and 360. Except for the CPU. We also know AC III runs just as good, if not, better on Wii U. It's debatable, but the point is despite a slower CPU, and being a launch game, it's a good port. Then you've got game like BO II and it has frame rate issues. I'd say it has to with the devs/publishers not putting in the effort. I wasn't around back when this gen launched, but was there this much $#@! when the PS3 launched? Was everyone saying the PS3 sucked because it got $#@!ty ports from the 360?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

  17. #290
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    +rep for that! Lol

    And how is this whole thing even an issue? Lets put it this way. The Wii U is superior/better/more powerful/however the hell you want to quantify it than the PS3 and 360. Except for the CPU. We also know AC III runs just as good, if not, better on Wii U. It's debatable, but the point is despite a slower CPU, and being a launch game, it's a good port. Then you've got game like BO II and it has frame rate issues. I'd say it has to with the devs/publishers not putting in the effort. I wasn't around back when this gen launched, but was there this much $#@! when the PS3 launched? Was everyone saying the PS3 sucked because it got $#@!ty ports from the 360?

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  18. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
  19. #291
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Was everyone saying the PS3 sucked because it got $#@!ty ports from the 360?
    Yes

  20. Likes skinny_jr likes this post
  21. #292
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    +rep for that! Lol And how is this whole thing even an issue? Lets put it this way. The Wii U is superior/better/more powerful/however the hell you want to quantify it than the PS3 and 360. Except for the CPU. We also know AC III runs just as good, if not, better on Wii U. It's debatable, but the point is despite a slower CPU, and being a launch game, it's a good port. Then you've got game like BO II and it has frame rate issues. I'd say it has to with the devs/publishers not putting in the effort. I wasn't around back when this gen launched, but was there this much $#@! when the PS3 launched? Was everyone saying the PS3 sucked because it got $#@!ty ports from the 360?
    Yes they were saying that.

  22. #293
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,199
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    202,432 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yes they were saying that.
    Interestingly though, they werent saying that about the ps2 vs the 360.
    Which is what we are really talking about here.

    Not even sure why you guys are comparing it to systems 6 years older and suggesting that.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-06-2012 at 17:36.

  23. #294
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Interestingly though, they werent saying that about the ps2 vs the 360. Which is what we are really talking about here. Not even sure why you guys are comparing it to systems 6 years older and suggesting that.
    Didnt say they were and I wasn't the one drawing comparisons. I only responded to what Ray said about people not saying PS3 sucked in the early days because of bad ports. You should be quoting the person who actually brought that comparison up. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-06-2012 at 17:46.

  24. #295
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,199
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    202,432 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Didnt say they were and I wasn't the one drawing comparisons. I only responded to what Ray said about people not saying PS3 sucked in the early days because of bad ports. You should be quoting the person who actually brought that comparison up. lol
    Yeah sorry rad, wasn't directed at you, just wasn't about quote wall of text
    That and im still in bed half asleep.

  25. #296
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yeah sorry rad, wasn't directed at you, just wasn't about quote wall of text That and im still in bed half asleep.
    lol No worries bro. I just woke up a couple of hours ago myself. lol

  26. #297
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Yes you do. You do need to play them for yourself on both consoles to make a proper analysis. Or you can continue using other peoples opinions to pull which ones you want to side with...
    Lol "Your opinion means nothing until you've played it"- Yea, see I'm thinking this just not true at all. I can readily make statements about the hardware "without playing it" I can also draw conclusions from comparison videos and performance tests by the like of DF.

    Lastly, I can also point out large short comings of the system and its "features" without playing it- like a lack of voice chat or achievement system. Or how it's OS takes up literally HALF of all its memory.. Without even providing "basic" features of the last gen that people have come to expect. Hell, even the PS Vita delivers them.

    The only thing I'm missing is whatever immersion or experience the tablet provides. All other considerations are accounted for.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 12-06-2012 at 20:37.


  27. #298
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,128
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,365 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The memory being taken up is because it's the full Wii U and Wii OS's.




  28. #299
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The memory being taken up is because it's the full Wii U and Wii OS's.
    FEAR, that's nonsensical. The entire Wii had a paltry 92MB or so of memory. The 360's OS hovers at 32MB and the PS3's somewhere around 48-54MB. I doubt the Wii's OS figure was any higher than that (I'd wager substantially less).


    1GB = 1024MB.

    That's insane. That's like Windows 7 or Windows 8.


  29. #300
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,128
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,365 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    FEAR, that's nonsensical. The entire Wii had a paltry 92MB or so of memory. The 360's OS hovers at 32MB and the PS3's somewhere around 48-54MB. I doubt the Wii's OS figure was any higher than that (I'd wager substantially less).


    1GB = 1024MB.

    That's insane. That's like Windows 7 or Windows 8.
    Sorry. It's true. Where did you come up with those numbers lol? What do you think is taking up so much space out of the box, and there's only 3.5GB of space out of the "8"GB?




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.