Latest PSU headlines:

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    If I were to point to the reason why the Wii U is so weak, I'll say it's because of the gamepad.
    Coming up to its release I posted a link that said that the gamepad costs nintendo $120 to make. Now if the whole system is $299, thats like half of the cost gone to a tablet that the hardcore games won't even use.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I wonder how much they will sell the tablet as a standalone.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I wonder how much they will sell the tablet as a standalone.
    its about 130 if the one you have breaks so id say atleast 100

Thank you itachi

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I use the gamepad almost everyday and I love it its light joysticks feel good but that's me. I plan on getting pro controllers soon just need some games that would actually use it.

I never bought a Nintendo console for tech anyways its always about the games for me. If anything I always have my ps3 lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Cant wait to get my new controller that looks like the SNES art design.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I use the gamepad almost everyday and I love it its light joysticks feel good but that's me. I plan on getting pro controllers soon just need some games that would actually use it.

I never bought a Nintendo console for tech anyways its always about the games for me. If anything I always have my ps3 lol
    Yeah I've watched a few youtube video reviews of the hardware and it's pretty cool, I must admit. I play a lot of Vita in bed and would LOVE to be able to play PS3 games through my Vita in bed as flawlessly as the GamePad does it on the WiiU.

I'm hoping the PS4 will be able to do that through Vita. If Vita continues to fail in findings its feet it could be an effective way to get people interested in it once the PS4 is released. Not sure if it's possible though but it would be awesome.

Slightly offtopic

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Cant wait to get my new controller that looks like the SNES art design.
    Post some pics of that $#@!!

8 years and counting!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    This?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    OMFG.

Its official....I am buying that just so I can hold it.....

8 years and counting!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    That's pretty damn awesome!
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Ultimate Veteran
    From the following interview:

SPOnG: The Wii U version is obviously not being worked on anymore. How far did you guys get on it before you cancelled it? Did you guys have an opportunity to use the GamePad?

Huw Benyon: Our look at the Wii U extended to a very early look at some very early kits. We... we did some work on it, but we made a decision fairly early on that we weren't going to commit further resource to it. So yeah, we didn't go too far. Take any of the comments you've seen attributed with a pinch of salt - it’s certainly not been based on any kind of analysis of final hardware.
    Doesn't sound like it was the fault of the hardware.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-14-2012 at 02:45.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    If I were to point to the reason why the Wii U is so weak, I'll say it's because of the gamepad.
    Coming up to its release I posted a link that said that the gamepad costs nintendo $120 to make. Now if the whole system is $299, thats like half of the cost gone to a tablet that the hardcore games won't even use.
    Nintendo doesn't know how to manufacture things apparently. They should have just gone with an Android tablet like the Nexus 7. That thing's only $200 new. They could have packed that in, charged $400 and the console would have sold like hotcakes, coming with a tablet that is actually a tablet. You know, it actually does stuff on it's own away from the console? They could have put an app into it for Nintendo stuff. What's really stupid is that the gamepad has a resistive touch screen and they STILL couldn't get costs down. I'm sorry but if Google and Samsung can manufacture tablets with internal processors, memory,etc that the gamepad doesn't have and have it only cost a little more then Nintendo is just doing it wrong.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

Bad Port or Bad Hardware? (Update: 4A clarifies statement on slow CPU)

Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Nintendo doesn't know how to manufacture things apparently. They should have just gone with an Android tablet like the Nexus 7. That thing's only $200 new. They could have packed that in, charged $400 and the console would have sold like hotcakes, coming with a tablet that is actually a tablet. You know, it actually does stuff on it's own away from the console? They could have put an app into it for Nintendo stuff. What's really stupid is that the gamepad has a resistive touch screen and they STILL couldn't get costs down. I'm sorry but if Google and Samsung can manufacture tablets with internal processors, memory,etc that the gamepad doesn't have and have it only cost a little more then Nintendo is just doing it wrong.
    Do u own a wii u or is this based on what you "read" the game pad isn't a tablet and has features tablets don't. Why people assume its a tablet is beyond me especially if u can post on a forum u can google the facts and features of the gamepad...cmon
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 12-14-2012 at 03:33.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Do u own a wii u or is this based on what you "read" the game pad isn't a tablet and has features tablets don't. Why people assume its a tablet is beyond me especially if u can post on a forum u can google the facts and features of the gamepad...cmon
    No offence, but people assume its a tablet because that would make more sense. The only features it has over tablet is it has a wii remote strapped to it. To try convince anyone that it has "more features" you going to have to do better than ask them to google it because they don't care, and rightly so.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Christ, that dead horse is sure getting flogged hard.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    From the following interview:

Doesn't sound like it was the fault of the hardware.
    This is nothing new, and what they said all along. If anything it should perhaps tell you how bad, even preliminary hardware specs were. The did not "clarify" anything. If you believe that, you need to re-read the original statement.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-14-2012 at 09:47.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Forum Sage
    So what's the moral of the story? It won't sell because the hardware is inferior?
    Like the 3DS and Vita, oh wait.

18. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    So what's the moral of the story? It won't sell because the hardware is inferior?
    Like the 3DS and Vita, oh wait.
    Nope thats not the moral of the story.
    Your going to have to wait and see how this plays out next year.

Forum Sage
    I personally think that it's going to have great 1st party games, a given. 3rd party support will drop slightly when next gen announced and following a price drop the console will sell plenty. Not as many as the Wii mind.
    Then when Im enjoying playing games, others can bicker on the Internet about what warrants a success or flop

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    No offence, but people assume its a tablet because that would make more sense. The only features it has over tablet is it has a wii remote strapped to it. To try convince anyone that it has "more features" you going to have to do better than ask them to google it because they don't care, and rightly so.
    It has two wiimotes.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Some of the replies in this thread are ridiculous. We have people talking about a console they never even touched before. Comparing it to tablets now? Not sure why the hell anyone would do that? The controller is a tablet designed for only the Wii U.

I honestly think people are bashing the console to make themselves feel better for not owning one. I think Itachi mentioned something about hardcore gamers would not use the gamepad? Since when does "hardcore" and "Nintendo" ever go together?

The Wii U is a very solid system with a fantastic controller which can also display the game you are playing. Toss in Miiverse, which is possibly the best feature of any console ever made. And you get an affordable 3rd option for console gaming, and HD exclusives.

The price of the console is not an issue, and as an owner, I feel the price is perfect.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well this speaks to lethal point if you dont care and arent providing facts then you are just bashing something for the sake of bashing it.

But your wrong a wii mote strap doesnt come with the Gamepad

Nobody has to like it other than me since i own one but if im going to make a comment bashing something i'll have some facts to back it up at the very least.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Most of the pro comments aren't facts, they are opinion. I mean, make a list of things that are facts, and the rest is basically opinion on how people either like or dislike it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Most of the pro comments aren't facts, they are opinion. I mean, make a list of things that are facts, and the rest is basically opinion on how people either like or dislike it.
    What I see people who don't own it dislike it and people who have it like it based on what has been said on this thread period. If your going to make a comment about the hardware on why you don't like it then compare it to another electronic device make sure they are similar enough to do so. That's my point a tablet cannot be compared to a controller.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I agree with that. It isn't a tablet. Sure, people can dislike what it is without even owning it. They can know what it has and doesn't have at this point, and form like/dislike on that basis.

Thread Information