Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 616 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Well this speaks to lethal point if you dont care and arent providing facts then you are just bashing something for the sake of bashing it.

But your wrong a wii mote strap doesnt come with the Gamepad

Nobody has to like it other than me since i own one but if im going to make a comment bashing something i'll have some facts to back it up at the very least.
    Well your not much of a salesman lol
    Go on convince me!

@lethal, people are going to compare it to a tablet because thats the nearest thing they can think of.

And thats perhaps a hurdle for Nintendo. They are going to have a hard time to convince people this brings a something a tablet doesn't.

Im not convinced the ability on supported titles to hold the pad up to the screen and get some sort of secondary action, or the ability "mess with" another player (or any if those ds like secondary screen functions) are enough to convince people they would like this device.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-14-2012 at 16:20.

Super Elite

Do u own a wii u or is this based on what you "read" the game pad isn't a tablet and has features tablets don't. Why people assume its a tablet is beyond me especially if u can post on a forum u can google the facts and features of the gamepad...cmon
    Right, I've read it isn't a real tablet because you can't take it with you on the road and use it via your family member's WiFi at their house to surf the web, log into your bank account, etc. My understanding is that it streams data from the Wii U which does all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Go on convince me!

@lethal, people are going to compare it to a tablet because thats the nearest thing they can think of.

And thats perhaps a hurdle for Nintendo. They are going to have a hard time to convince people this brings a something a tablet doesn't.

Im not convinced the ability on supported titles to hold the pad up to the screen and get some sort of secondary action, or the ability "mess with" another player (or any if those ds like secondary screen functions) are enough to convince people they would like this device.

Well it's either a tablet or it isn't. If it is a tablet, it's a piece of garbage compared to real tablets. I have to wonder if people here have used a real tablet if they think something that's tethered to the Wii U is as good as a Nexus 7 or iPad. If it isn't an iPad then it's a glorified bottom DS screen or Dreamcast controller.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 12-14-2012 at 16:34.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    That's the thing unless u've really tooled with it its not a DS bottom screen of vmu from the dreamcast. The only thing I use the gamepad for outside of the wii U console is use it as a universal remote for other tv's in my house.

The console does all the work when browsing on the gampad. Which is pretty fast I was pleasantly surprised with that honestly. The only standalone thing the gamepad does is a tv remote.

I have a tv in my guest room I can't find the remote for so I just use the gamepad lol Its an older tv.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite

That's the thing unless u've really tooled with it its not a DS bottom screen of vmu from the dreamcast. The only thing I use the gamepad for outside of the wii U console is use it as a universal remote for other tv's in my house.

The console does all the work when browsing on the gampad. Which is pretty fast I was pleasantly surprised with that honestly. The only standalone thing the gamepad does is a tv remote.

I have a tv in my guest room I can't find the remote for so I just use the gamepad lol Its an older tv.
    How is it different from a DS bottom screen? I mean, why didn't they just pack in a 3DS instead of this tablet controller? Consumers would have had a functional game system that worked away from the Wii U and it would have increased the install base of the 3DS and the 3DS is only $130 at Best Buy/Target which is cheaper to manufacture than the tablet.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    How is it different from a DS bottom screen? I mean, why didn't they just pack in a 3DS instead of this tablet controller? Consumers would have had a functional game system that worked away from the Wii U and it would have increased the install base of the 3DS and the 3DS is only $130 at Best Buy/Target which is cheaper to manufacture than the tablet.
    Well, use the dsi/3ds and the wii u, and it'll be fairly easy to see what the difference is.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Go on convince me!

Lmao I'm not trying to convince anyone to get a wii U I love it doesn't mean the next person will. Really depends on your situation if the wii u would benefit you as much as it does me at the end of the day.

I had a conversation last night with a good friend of mine he was asking me about the wii u and his understanding was so what the hell is it a tablet so you need 4 to play with it and its in HD? Now he's not a gamer he has a wii and kids so they game with the wii. After trying to explain it I was like you know what just come to my house bring the kids and you'll see lmao.

Nintendo has done a horrible job marketing this thing and trying to explain the difference in experience. I think with more time and more people playing it they will move more units Nintendo does a decent job of demonstrating how the gamepad can be a part of gameplay but its not an instant understanding like it was with wii sports and the wii.

To each their own at the end of the day. I respect anyone gaming preference in console or type of gaming.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Well, use the dsi/3ds and the wii u, and it'll be fairly easy to see what the difference is.
    To add to f34r point you have to use both I have a 3ds and a Wii U they are vastly different in their capabilities and what they are used for.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite

Lmao I'm not trying to convince anyone to get a wii U I love it doesn't mean the next person will. Really depends on your situation if the wii u would benefit you as much as it does me at the end of the day.

I had a conversation last night with a good friend of mine he was asking me about the wii u and his understanding was so what the hell is it a tablet so you need 4 to play with it and its in HD? Now he's not a gamer he has a wii and kids so they game with the wii. After trying to explain it I was like you know what just come to my house bring the kids and you'll see lmao.

Nintendo has done a horrible job marketing this thing and trying to explain the difference in experience. I think with more time and more people playing it they will move more units Nintendo does a decent job of demonstrating how the gamepad can be a part of gameplay but its not an instant understanding like it was with wii sports and the wii.

To each their own at the end of the day. I respect anyone gaming preference in console or type of gaming.
    Well, I'm a gamer and I don't get it. I just don't see how the general public will. I'm not into playing the demo stations at stores and everything I know about Wii U is from the net. I think a lot of gamers are like this, especially adults.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Well, I'm a gamer and I don't get it. I just don't see how the general public will. I'm not into playing the demo stations at stores and everything I know about Wii U is from the net. I think a lot of gamers are like this, especially adults.
    The general public will see it as a game system that has a screen in controller.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The problem in Nintendo consoles is their hardware capabilities.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The general public will see it as a game system that has a tablet controller.
    Right but is that something they want? What happens when they realize it lacks most tablet functions?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    To me, the nearest thing would be a Vita or a 3DS.... In no way is the gamepad in the same category as a tablet.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I also have no idea how nintendo would be able to translate what the wii u does to the public I didn't get it until I got my hands on it to be honest lol...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Despite Nintendos horrible job at translating what the eff this thing is, the launch numbers are pretty damn good to me.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    For sure solid numbers we'll see how it does after the holiday season. They need to drop a Zelda title soon hopefully a new metroid! Those games incorporated with the gamepad would be awesome. I'm finding myself at a place I'm needing more games I'm on the fence about zombiU still outside of that nothing I'm dying to play. Thank god for my ps3 and 3ds they keep me busy lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah man, they haven't really shown what else major is coming to the system for the next year. Hopefully they do at some point soon. I'm talking 1st party, cos it seems most 3rd party are on the fence atm

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yeah man, they haven't really shown what else major is coming to the system for the next year. Hopefully they do at some point soon. I'm talking 1st party, cos it seems most 3rd party are on the fence atm

A list of games will take time. Even the Vita which has been out for 9 months now, does not hardly have a list for 2013.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    E3 this year is gonna be huge!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

19. Likes Justin likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    All that matters is if there are great games to play on the system, plain and simple. You need to look past add-ons, hardware specs, features, etc. Currently the Wii U doesn't offer a lot for games, but keep in mind it isn't even a month old yet. They will come in time, and we are bound to see the same loveable Nintendo characters we have seen over many generations.

It bothers me a bit that hardware specs are so concerning for many. Frankly I could care less, as eye candy is the least of my worries when buying/playing a game. The only factor for me is "Is the game fun to play?".

8 years and counting!

21. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    All that matters is if there are great games to play on the system, plain and simple. You need to look past add-ons, hardware specs, features, etc. Currently the Wii U doesn't offer a lot for games, but keep in mind it isn't even a month old yet. They will come in time, and we are bound to see the same loveable Nintendo characters we have seen over many generations.

It bothers me a bit that hardware specs are so concerning for many. Frankly I could care less, as eye candy is the least of my worries when buying/playing a game. The only factor for me is "Is the game fun to play?".
    Based on your avatar, I think you'd agree. They should put out an Earthbound HD.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

Agreed! Right now its mostly ports but im looking forward to what nintendo will be offering in the future E3 is gonna be important for EVERY comapny MS and sony as well we are expecting big things from them

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran

It's a reasonable jump in visual fidelity for Nintendo consumers. It's not the best, sure, because PS3 and Xbox 360 gamers have been seeing it for 6-7 years now but it'll be the exclusives that define the overall experience and we have yet to see the next Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, 3D Mario, Super Smash Bros. etc.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Super Elite

So...do all Wii U games use the game pad or do some just use the wiimotes?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yes. They all use it to some degree.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    The Wiimotes are not required for any Wii U titles. Those are mostly for the original Wii games. However, I know some games, like NSMBU, does let you use Wiimotes.

Some games like ZombiU, require you to use the gamepad. Assassin's Creed uses the gamepad to display the hud, but you can use a pro controller if you want. Right now, the only games that require the gamepad, that I know of, are ZombiU, and Nintendo Land. The Rabbids game might, but I am not sure.

Thread Information