Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    So we are happy then that a brand new system can show of the same and some worse graphics/power systems than a system 6 years older than it?
    Maybe I have higher standards then you but, I could understand that from a system maybe 3-4 years newer, but no, not 6 years newer.
    These are just quick launch ports. The fact is there can and will be better looking games. The fact that there's some worse looking games than PS3/360 should fall on the developers and/or publishers, not the hardware.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I have no idea what I just read
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    1gb for OS? I hope that leaves room for a huge OS update soon because impressions I've read is that it's quite weak especially compared to PS360

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    WiiU RAM speed 43% slower than PS3 and 360 with performance issues and image instability on ports (ME3, Batman AC)

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    WiiU RAM speed 43% slower than PS3 and 360 with performance issues and image instability on ports (ME3, Batman AC)
    It may be slow but there is more of it than in the playstation or xbox. Could you post the speed of it in mhz?
    Last edited by Cybertox; 11-19-2012 at 16:15.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Its how it handles the bottleneck to be honest. The 360 is actually on spec a turd. It shouldn't work sharing memory between gpu and cpu. But because of the way it uses the edram to alleviate the bottle neck its work really well.
    Speed of ram wont be the answer alone, but its a peice if the puzzle.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    It may be slow but there is more of it than in the playstation or xbox. Could you post the speed of it in mhz?
    its mostly the bandwidth rate
    Wii U 12.8 GB/s
    Ps3 25.6 GB/s
    Xbox360 22.4 GB/s

As a reference gtx 680 is 192.2 GB/s

I think the Wii U RAM is 800mhz (ps3 main XDR ram is 3.2Ghz whereas the VRAM is 700mhz)

PSU Technical Advisor
    Actually its not quite that simple. PS3 has some 22-25GB\s of bandwidth per component (GPU\CPU). So its closer to 44-48GB\s in total.

360 Has the 22.4GB\s but it also has the huge bandwidth of its 32MB of Edram to alleviate the strain.

The WiiU does have Edram.. From what I can tell people are fairly certain of that. Still, it has some crippling performance issues that seriously undermine its ability to perform.

Mynd, how certain are we that its still using a CPU that is inferior to the 360's?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Dont know, someone else bought that info into that thread. You might have to go back and see who wrote about it.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I am just saying that you can't ignore the skills that a group of developers have and always assume that it's the hardware. Wii U does not obey the same rules as X360. Or does it?

My understanding is that it doesn't.

Regardless of what anyone here believes. If a game does not work properly on a system, most consumers aren't going to blame the hardware for it. They'll look at who made the game..

...so if a company has decided to make a game for a certain platform, they should make sure that it works properly on it and matches the quality of all their products. If it doesn't, then it really is a reflection of what they are okay with releasing, of what they are willing to put their stamp on.

If it does run and work properly, you're not going to be concerned about how it looks elsewhere because if you bought it for a Wii U, it was a decision that you made....

Not really a big deal and I don't think blaming the hardware all the time will provide the answers.

We only seem to be talking about games that don't match the X360/PS3 versions, what about the ones that do?

Or none do? what about Arkham City? nobody is talking about that here? is that a bad port as well? I am guessing it's not which is why the lack of mention here..
    There is a thread over in gaf with all the games
    Arkham City included, there is no multiplat that runs ok, (except TTT2)let alone better or on-par
    There even a Wii U exclusive Thats runs pretty bad
    Epic Mickey 2 is terrible out of all the games COD is the best but still below the twins performance with missing effects and unstable framerate (thou it don't drop below 40fps)

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    There is a thread over in gaf with all the games
    Arkham City included, there is no multiplat that runs ok, (except TTT2)let alone better or on-par
    There even a Wii U exclusive Thats runs pretty bad
    Epic Mickey 2 is terrible out of all the games COD is the best but still below the twins performance with missing effects and unstable framerate (thou it don't drop below 40fps)

Sent via Codec
    Really?, $#@!.
    I guess time will tell, but if this is the case, hardcore aint really going to want to touch this much.

PSU Technical Advisor
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...u-launch-title

Yea CPU is apparently a problem.. There are more sources on it being the case. This, and low memory bandwidth, are the likely causes of the bad performance being seen here.

Now this is quite interesting:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490039
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 11-19-2012 at 20:17.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    So do we have a killer ap outside of Mario or Zelda?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I hope I don't get burned with this system.. that will tick me off to no end.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I hope I don't get burned with this system.. that will tick me off to no end.
    Its not a huge price though, I dont think your getting exactly ripped off.
    Link and Mario always rock.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    So we are happy then that a brand new system can show of the same and some worse graphics/power systems than a system 6 years older than it?
    Maybe I have higher standards then you but, I could understand that from a system maybe 3-4 years newer, but no, not 6 years newer.
    That's not what I am saying and you know it.

We're only looking at two titles here, let's not forget that. Also, I would like to mention that it was never a secret that Nintendo's hardware would:

• produce graphics that either match the X360/PS3
    • produce graphics that are close to X360/PS3 or in some cases do certain things better (which is yet to be seen going by this thread.)

EDIT

I missed TGO's post......hmmmmm....I'll hold off on saying anything else [regarding performance].....seems Nintendo may have really dropped the ball.
    Last edited by sainraja; 11-19-2012 at 22:35.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    That's not what I am saying and you know it.

We're only looking at two titles here, let's not forget that. Also, I would like to mention that it was never a secret that Nintendo's hardware would:

• produce graphics that either match the X360/PS3
    • produce graphics that are close to X360/PS3 or in some cases do certain things better (which is yet to be seen going by this thread.)

EDIT

I missed TGO's post......hmmmmm....I'll hold off on saying anything else [regarding performance].....seems Nintendo may have really dropped the ball.
    To be fair to you, you are correct, we dont really know, its just that the signs seem all wrong, thats all I'm saying.

19. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Ancient
    Indeed, these titles are not a confirmation that all future titles will be the same, but their quality is lower then the usual lows with a launch, which don't look good
    Wii U is a "not yet" console in my book and what it promises at its best isn't tempting enough either so that doesn't help too

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

21. Likes mynd likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    4A is saying its got a slow CPU....

Nintendo’s Wii U is out in the US and with reports coming in that it is struggling in a number of areas, many are claiming its third party games aren’t quite up to the visual standard of their Xbox 360 and PS3 cousins.

That the Wii U struggles to render games (that run perfectly on the Xbox 360 and the PS3) is a worrying trend for Nintendo. In fact, some games currently scheduled for release on the 360, PS3 and PC won’t be heading to the Wii U at all because of the differences in processing power.

One of these titles will be 4 A Games’ Metro: Last Light. Chief technical officer, Oles Shishkovtsov, explains why Metro’s sequel won’t be appearing.

“[The] Wii U has a horrible, slow CPU,” said Shishkovtsov to NowGamer.

Even his colleage, Huw Beynon, confirmed there would not be a Wii U version of Metro: Last Light, and couldn't justify the effort required to bring a comparable version to the Wii U.

“We had an early look at it, we thought we could probably do it, but in terms of the impact we would make on the overall quality of the game – potentially to its detriment – we just figured it wasn’t worth pursuing at this time. It’s something we might return to. I really couldn’t make any promises, though.”

Despite Nintendo’s console offering Metro: Last Light new experiences to its players with it dual screens, when asked Benyon was adamant that the Wii U would ever seen Metro: Last Light when asked directly.

“We had an initial look at the Wii U, but given the size of the team and compared to where we were last time, just developing for the Playstation 3 is a significant addition.”
    http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1687689...light_dev.html

WTF Ninty!
    but in terms of the impact we would make on the overall quality of the game – potentially to its detriment – we just figured it wasn’t worth pursuing at this time.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-20-2012 at 21:44.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    The systems feels really rushed despite having a year and a half since its reveal and 6 years since the Wii was released.

I hope they don't wait until E3 to announce their plans for the later half of 2013 and hope they actually have some nice stuff planned. Maybe all of the negative news will force their hand similar to what happened with the 3DS.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Nintendo has always been a brand where I only care about 1st party games, really couldn't give a hoot about the ports etc.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Nintendo has always been a brand where I only care about 1st party games, really couldn't give a hoot about the ports etc.
    Same. However, this damn finicky hardware, slack online capabilities, and IDs and games being tied to a single console... well, I'll be damned if I continue with it for now.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I agree that kinda sucks, doesn't affects me really as I'm a SP gamer primarily but if your console breaks I guess you're stuck with the ID thing. That deffo needs sorting.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Mine had to be taken back today because it just died.... completely. Won't accept power at all. Well, they are all out of them for now, so I didn't get anything out of it other than a refund for now.

Thread Information