Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Last E3 I was so excited to see Wii U, but after I saw Ninty's presser, I could already foresee how it was going to go down. Nintendo has dropped the ball on so many fronts with their new console, it's not even funny. Weak online suite, lack of cross the board trophies, locked IDs, poor 3rd party port performance and a lack of exciting 1st party content...No wonder Sony and MS aren't worried .

F34R, did you turn yours off during the update? People are finding their Wii U bricks when they turn off during the lengthy update...
    Nope. Mine had been updated, and I played Mario already....

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Mine had to be taken back today because it just died.... completely. Won't accept power at all. Well, they are all out of them for now, so I didn't get anything out of it other than a refund for now.
    That sucks man. So you ain't getting another then?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    That sucks man. So you ain't getting another then?
    Maybe it was just fate... I mean, the more we learn about the Wii U, the more I dislike. I loved the game so far, which is now sitting on a shelf. I love the idea of the pad controller. The more details about the system though, the more I'm disliking a $300 purchase. So, I don't know. We'll see I guess.

Friendship is Carrots
    After everything I've read on the internet concerning some very valid complaints and criticisms of the Wii-U, I have to state that I'm not particularly moved or impressed by this system in any positive way so far. For me, this thing might actually be worse than the Wii. That's saying a lot.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Ugh, just walked by a premium one in wal mart lol. Dayum this is killing me!

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Ugh, just walked by a premium one in wal mart lol. Dayum this is killing me!
    Wow I am surprised there are any around. lol

8 years and counting!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Too bad I payed a damn bill with the refund lol. I coulda picked it up.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Maybe it was just fate... I mean, the more we learn about the Wii U, the more I dislike. I loved the game so far, which is now sitting on a shelf. I love the idea of the pad controller. The more details about the system though, the more I'm disliking a $300 purchase. So, I don't know. We'll see I guess.
    Yeah that's understandable. Especially with you getting a faulty one. That really sucks. Personally, yeah there's things that suck about it, but those are minor for me. I don't game like I used to back in the day, so I'm not looking to get every 3rd party hit, so in a way, Nintendo is perfect for me. It's more than likely the cheapest again this gen, so their first party coupled with a few diamonds in 3rd party crap are good enough for me
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    More evidence....

Wii U's limited technology might lead to Nintendo's new console having a shorter lifespan when the Xbox 720 and PS4 arrive.

Published on Nov 21, 2012

Nintendo’s Wii U has come under a lot of fire over the last few days with many early adopters in the US claiming that the processing power inside isn’t actually up to much.

Even Metro: Last Light's developers have described the Wii U’s CPU as 'horrible’ and ‘slow’ and backing up these claims is DICE’s lead designer, Gustav Halling.

Talking on Twitter, Halling spoke candidly about Nintendo’s Wii U and its supposed lack of power.

“I don't actually know what makes it slow, but enough "tech" people I trust in world are saying the same things.”

“GPU and ram is nice to have shaders/textures loaded. Physics and gameplay run on CPU mostly so player count is affected etc.”

Speaking over Twitter, Halling confirmed that many developers were talking about the Wii U as a console that might not have the processing legs to compete in the long term and when the Xbox 720 and PS4 arrive.

“This is also what I been hearing within the industry, to bad since it will shorten its life a lot when new gen. starts.”
    http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1689397..._dice_dev.html
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Yeah that's understandable. Especially with you getting a faulty one. That really sucks. Personally, yeah there's things that suck about it, but those are minor for me. I don't game like I used to back in the day, so I'm not looking to get every 3rd party hit, so in a way, Nintendo is perfect for me. It's more than likely the cheapest again this gen, so their first party coupled with a few diamonds in 3rd party crap are good enough for me
    Yeah, I love the first party games for sure. I mean, I had to get 2x(dsi, dslite, 3ds, and some games lol). If they can get their heads around these screw ups, I'll be back on board.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I have been playing AC3 on the Wii U, and I see nothing that points to a slow cpu, gpu, or ram. The game runs so damn smooth and looks amazing. The more I use the Wii U, the more I enjoy it. If this came out in 2006, The Wii U would have been the #1 of this generation. A damn shame Nintendo can not get with the times...

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I have been playing AC3 on the Wii U, and I see nothing that points to a slow cpu, gpu, or ram. The game runs so damn smooth and looks amazing. The more I use the Wii U, the more I enjoy it. If this came out in 2006, The Wii U would have been the #1 of this generation. A damn shame Nintendo can not get with the times...
    It's number 1 now by what they use to determine that lol. It's sold the most....

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I heard the framerate is a bit juddery, thou nothing more has been said due to the size of the game and how long it takes to get to the bigger size areas
    But the opera house was said to be a bit lowball on the performance but nothing to write home about.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I heard the framerate is a bit juddery, thou nothing more has been said due to the size of the game and how long it takes to get to the bigger size areas
    But the opera house was said to be a bit lowball on the performance but nothing to write home about.

Sent via Codec
    well that area was bad on ps3 and 360 aswell. Similarly ME3 runs better on Wii U than on ps3 (albeit with reduced image quality)
    Last edited by Itachi; 11-22-2012 at 06:00.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    well that area was bad on ps3 and 360 aswell. Similarly ME3 runs better on Wii U than on ps3 (albeit with reduced image quality)
    all unreal powered games run like poo on the CellBE
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Yeah I heard about that from DF, yet Mass Effect 3 on Wii U is said to have missing assets so does the PS3 version have missing assets too cuz I'm not aware them
    All a little confusing as I know the difference between the PS3 & 360 versions on how it fits inbetween with the problems it does have that I'm not aware the others don't
    Or is a performance thing which is unnoticeable?

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I think it's just easiest to say this is not the performance we would expect. Nuff said.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I think it's just easiest to say this is not the performance we would expect. Nuff said.
    True. I think it should have been beyond the power of the current generation, an not just beyond the power of THEIR current generation.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I wasn't expecting miracles, but I was expecting something that could easily handle current gen game at a canter.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I wasn't expecting miracles, but I was expecting something that could easily handle current gen game at a canter.
    I wouldn't think that it'd take a miracle to surpass the power that was put in 7 years ago.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Sureley the ID will cross over?
    Nope, not at the moment. See my thread from the other day.

I wouldn't think that it'd take a miracle to surpass the power that was put in 7 years ago.
    Precisely. Especially when there is currently a handheld on the market that offers games that are approaching a parity with the consoles.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

PSU Technical Advisor
    Well when you're talking about Nintendo engineers.....

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Since i can't post new threads i'll put this here.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6465/n...wii-u-teardown

It's a teardown of the WiiU, slow CPU seems to be confirmed.
    GPU seems to be on the level of a Radeon 47xx.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Did you just say 47xx?

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Since i can't post new threads i'll put this here.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6465/n...wii-u-teardown

It's a teardown of the WiiU, slow CPU seems to be confirmed.
    GPU seems to be on the level of a Radeon 47xx.
    looks like the CPU is going to be Achilles heel for the Nintendo Wii U!!
    That Gpu is fine for a console, yet it is really outdated and won't be good enough for 1080p 60FPS!!

Thread Information