Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yup, in terms of consumer "bang for your buck" it is terrible.
    This is, form what I can see, a last gen system emulated as close as they could with todays tech.
    ... the most accurate post in the thread.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The problem is that you guys are constantly comparing it to the other consoles. Compared to Nintendo's last console, this is a huge leap, and a bigger leap for Nintendo exclusives. The Wii U does what other consoles can do graphically. Everyone claimed how the Wii had good games but looked so bad, nobody wanted to play them. Now that it is here, people are still crying. And if you want Mario, Metroid, or Zelda games in HD, well now you will be able to have that.

I think this is a great console for the price. Especially with what I can do with it. Is this the console of the future? Of course not, nor did anyone ever claim that it would be.

You want super duper amazing graphics? Wait for the PS4 or next Xbox then. Want your Nintendo games in HD? Get the Wii U.

3. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    What everyone above me said.
    Economy of words there, bare minimum to get by infact.

You work for Ninty?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The problem is that you guys are constantly comparing it to the other consoles. Compared to Nintendo's last console, this is a huge leap, and a bigger leap for Nintendo exclusives. The Wii U does what other consoles can do graphically. Everyone claimed how the Wii had good games but looked so bad, nobody wanted to play them. Now that it is here, people are still crying. And if you want Mario, Metroid, or Zelda games in HD, well now you will be able to have that.

I think this is a great console for the price. Especially with what I can do with it. Is this the console of the future? Of course not, nor did anyone ever claim that it would be.

You want super duper amazing graphics? Wait for the PS4 or next Xbox then. Want your Nintendo games in HD? Get the Wii U.
    That's definitely what I got it for, and will probably get it again. If I can get past the ID and content locks.

Forum Sage

Everything in bold i agree 100% with.

All i know is that i'll finally be getting my hands on a HD Zelda. That alone is more impressive to me than the thought of what either the NextBox or PS4 can do.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    The problem is that you guys are constantly comparing it to the other consoles.
    That would be because its competing in the same space, something the Wii did not have to do until Kinect and Move came along last gen.
    Compared to Nintendo's last console, this is a huge leap, and a bigger leap for Nintendo exclusives. The Wii U does what other consoles can do graphically. Everyone claimed how the Wii had good games but looked so bad, nobody wanted to play them. Now that it is here, people are still crying. And if you want Mario, Metroid, or Zelda games in HD, well now you will be able to have that.
    The multi-deivce is here, it aint going anywhere, console, dedicated to games only are dead.
    Yes here is you Hi def Zelda, but its very late to the party.
    It has to compete in a mature market, and brings very little to the market the other consoles cannot do, and in fact do better in most cases.
    And that, unfortunately would be all you would want it for.

Consoles need to excite on launch, especially given the mature market we have. Very little new is being offered here to excite people.

Yes people will buy it for Ninty games.

But that's not why the Wii was a success for Ninty.
    To compete in this market these days..you need to bring an A game

Sony and MS are certainly going to be bringing the best they possibly can
    Last edited by mynd; 11-23-2012 at 22:50.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Economy of words there, bare minimum to get by infact.

You work for Ninty?

Friendship is Carrots

I don't think anyone is arguing that the system in and of itself is terrible. It completes its intended function, certainly. But it's a bit of a drawback to not compare it to its competitors. The fact remains that, given its time of release and pricing, the general internal hardware it poorly chosen in design or specifically weak. Those are extremely legitimate concerns and criticisms that should be pointed out and held against the system. I'm sorry, but nothing you can say will circumnavigate that property of reality.

I'm too look forward to some solid HD Nintendo releases. I bet they'll be fun, and I'm interested because now, at least, my eyes won't bleed from the standard definition graphics. But that doesn't exempt the console from its intrinsic foibles.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I don't know, I guess I am happy with this console more than others because I knew what not to expect. In fact, the console exceeded my expectations with this gamepad alone. It is not my primary gaming console, and that is how I look at it. I think Nintendo is headed on the right track though. Even if they are behind Sony and Microsoft.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I don't know, I guess I am happy with this console more than others because I knew what not to expect. In fact, the console exceeded my expectations with this gamepad alone. It is not my primary gaming console, and that is how I look at it. I think Nintendo is headed on the right track though. Even if they are behind Sony and Microsoft.
    I'm right with you on that... except the other parts. Content and ID lock. Also, let's see how the online system works.

Ultimate Veteran
    I read the other day that simply selling the Wii U along with one title for every consumer would make Nintendo profitable. I'm sure this wouldn't be the case if the company had opted for a more impressive GPU/CPU.

To be fair though, I've noticed some launch titles like ZombiU look better than what the PS3 offered when it first came out (Resistance: Fall of Man, Lair etc.) I'd expect a Legend of Zelda or Metroid title with the visual fidelity of Uncharted 3, which would be really cool for Nintendo.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-24-2012 at 00:56.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The way the Zelda game has looked so far, has been AMAZING!! It's going to be epic to say the least.

Friendship is Carrots

I wonder if that will become a reality. I would love to see something like this, or even better.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yep, that's what we're looking at. Can't effin wait for that!!!

Friendship is Carrots
    Last I checked that was just a CGI video. I didn't even know they had announced an HD Zelda for the Wii-U?
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Last I checked that was just a CGI video. I didn't even know they had announced an HD Zelda for the Wii-U?
    I am pretty sure that video was not a CGI. They were able to alter the lighting effects at any time during the demo. The demo was built off an old engine too. So chances are Nintendo could possibly make it look even better.
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-24-2012 at 01:36.

Ultimate Veteran
    They haven't announced a Zelda game for the Wii U. There was just a rumor a while back saying the game was targeted for a 2014 release and that it would feature some really large, expansive environments.

What we did see was a tech demo. You couldn't control Link - only adjust the camera and play with the lighting.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-24-2012 at 01:37.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yeah, it probably is, but hopefully we'll see it something like that. Here's some info:
    http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-z...e-coming-2014/

Friendship is Carrots
    "HD graphics, same visual style as Skyward Sword." - That article

So, this?

I'm sure it'll be more detailed, but I'm not really a fan or impressed with that art style. Hell, I think Windwaker looks much better than that. I was hoping for the graphical fidelity seen in that image I posted before, the one with the giant scorpion. Damn.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yeah, I wanted that too. Still... if it's a hd visual, and it's beefed up in details, it'll be nice.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    It was realtime, AND a new HD zelda is in the works (rumour) and its first dungeon is larger than the entire hyrule field in ocarina of time.
    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/9...-game-to-date/
    EDIT: beaten
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    The only thing we don't know are the specifics concerning the Edram- but strong rumor holds it pegged at 32MB (like the 360). If this is true, it's probably going to have less memory bandwidth than the 360 unit as a whole.
    I thought 360 has 10mb eDRAM
    Last edited by Itachi; 11-24-2012 at 01:50.

Friendship is Carrots
    I was really loose with my language there. I didn't mean it was CGI, but instead that it wasn't footage of any actual Zelda game. That was the point I was trying to make. My bad.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I was really loose with my language there. I didn't mean it was CGI, but instead that it wasn't footage of any actual Zelda game. That was the point I was trying to make. My bad.
    Ya, I doubt we will hear anything about the new Zelda game till sometime late next year. Possibly at E3.

PSU Technical Advisor

I wonder if that will become a reality. I would love to see something like this, or even better.

LOL no, I most sincerely doubt it. The reflections alone would probably murder the WiiU.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Wii U CPU clock speeds revealed through hacks
    CPU - triple core @ 1.24GHz
    GPU - 550 MHz

Neogaf

Thread Information