Latest PSU headlines:

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What a $#@!ing joke of a system if thats true.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I saw this earlier.. I thought it was known already.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I never new it was 1.2 ghz.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Maybe I was elsewhere when I saw the discussion lol. B3d is where I think it was now lol.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    This is not even funny!! 1.2GHz? that's it?

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Must have something going for it though if AC3 is ported well in time for launch? Pretty big/complex game

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    1.2 GHz? Yikes.

I am not even sure what to say about it, but at the same time it isn't that shocking for me. The WiiU is what the Wii should of been at launch in order to be on the same playing field with the PS3 and 360 for power capabilities. When the PS4, and the 720 launch it will take away vast game development from the WiiU in my opinion, as developers will have much higher end hardware to work with. Like this current generation we see games come out for both the PS3 and the 360, but not for the Wii, simply because the system cannot run it. That trend will continue with the release of the PS4 and the 720.

8 years and counting!

8. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Not surprised at all. The wii was on par with ps2 when 360 & ps3 came out. It was the innovative controller that made it.

Looks like they r going down the same road with the new control system.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I guess NOJ bodies were not ready....yet (evil laugh) LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Must have something going for it though if AC3 is ported well in time for launch? Pretty big/complex game
    Just probably means the thing is already close to maxed out. Your goign to need all 3 cores to even keep up with the PS3 PPU.

It has an advantage in graphics, but little else.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Just probably means the thing is already close to maxed out. Your goign to need all 3 cores to even keep up with the PS3 PPU.

It has an advantage in graphics, but little else.
    Well that explains the outcry from some developers.

Reggie said that with a game purchase the WiiU is profitable so without one it's being sold at a slight loss, and the console is not exactly cheap. It's not 599 but I'm intrigued now to see what Microsoft and Sony can offer us next gen. Sony surely will not want to be taking too much of a loss per console

PSU Technical Advisor
    I'm dubious that the WiiU isn't profitable out the gate.

I'm just waiting to here how much worse this can get. For instance, do we know how much CPU time is docked to facilitate the 1GB System on the WiiU in-game? LOL?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    just seems like Nintendo spent too much on the gamepad to leave resources for the console.
    bad move if they wanted the hardcore crowd

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Well that explains the outcry from some developers.

Reggie said that with a game purchase the WiiU is profitable so without one it's being sold at a slight loss, and the console is not exactly cheap. It's not 599 but I'm intrigued now to see what Microsoft and Sony can offer us next gen. Sony surely will not want to be taking too much of a loss per console
    They will subside the new systems.
    In fact MS is in a very strong positin this time because they wont just drop the 360, and use its profits to subside the new system. Much like Sony did with the Ps3/PS2 (except their subsizing was ridiculuos amounts and never came close to help covering it).

Its a long term goal they are after here, and if MS and sony are looking at another 7-8 years out fo the next systems then thats understandable.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    These replies are too funny. The Wii U is not as good as the PS3. The Wii U is garbage. The Wii U is headed down the same path as the Wii.

Guess what? The PS3 has slower gpu than the 360. The PS3 must be garbage!!!!!!!!!

This thread is trying to find anything to complain about. In fact, that is all there is in this thread. Complaints by people that do not even own the Wii U to back up their claims.

Bad port or bad hardware? Seeing how AC3 runs best on the Wii, I say bad port for anything running poorly on the Wii U. Using ports to determine how good a system is? Who does that? The games that aren't ports sure run fine. Nobody wants to talk about what the Wii U is doing good though.

As my last response in this thread, the Wii U is a very good console and will do great things with this amazing controller. Everyone knows Nintendo leads and everyone else follows. You know damn well you guys will be buying your tablet controllers for your PS4 and next Xbox systems when they come out. And we all know they will follow because it is easy to see how the gamepad makes gaming more enjoyable.

And for god sakes, stop comparing the Wii U to the other consoles. The PS3 and 360 aren't the kings of $#@!. Each console lacks something important and this is no different. Just buy a Wii U if you like your Nintendo exclusives. If you don't, then keep playing your PS3 and 360's.

17. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Sage

I suppose a 2Ghz Pentium P4 is better than a 1.2Ghz i7

There's more to it than just looking at the Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    As my last response in this thread, the Wii U is a very good console and will do great things with this amazing controller. Everyone knows Nintendo leads and everyone else follows. You know damn well you guys will be buying your tablet controllers for your PS4 and next Xbox systems when they come out. And we all know they will follow because it is easy to see how the gamepad makes gaming more enjoyable.

Nintendo release the Wii: "$#@!ing waggle controls are for casuals"
    Sony release the Move: "$#@!ing motion controls are the best ever"

Last edited by BBK..; 11-29-2012 at 23:01.

19. Likes RaY_210 , mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    These replies are too funny. The Wii U is not as good as the PS3. The Wii U is garbage. The Wii U is headed down the same path as the Wii.

Guess what? The PS3 has slower gpu than the 360. The PS3 must be garbage!!!!!!!!!

This thread is trying to find anything to complain about. In fact, that is all there is in this thread. Complaints by people that do not even own the Wii U to back up their claims.

Bad port or bad hardware? Seeing how AC3 runs best on the Wii, I say bad port for anything running poorly on the Wii U. Using ports to determine how good a system is? Who does that? The games that aren't ports sure run fine. Nobody wants to talk about what the Wii U is doing good though.

And for god sakes, stop comparing the Wii U to the other consoles. The PS3 and 360 aren't the kings of $#@!. Each console lacks something important and this is no different. Just buy a Wii U if you like your Nintendo exclusives. If you don't, then keep playing your PS3 and 360's.
    Your every post seems to judge Wii U as a current gen system, which its not. Wii U is supposed to be the next gen hardware and COMPLETELY SUCKS under that criteria. Yes it does certain things better than current gen, but that doesn't give it a free pass to how hopelessly weak it is for being called NEXT GEN.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post

true, but there isn't any other evidence to suggest that the Wii U CPU is faster than 7 year old Xenon or Cell and A LOT of evidence to the contrary (dev reports)

Power Member
    Items User name style

Its a pretty good current gen system, it has a CPU that can handle current gen games, and a graphics card that can make up for some shortcomings.

Thats doesnt make it worth buying it over either of the other 2.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-30-2012 at 00:11.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    1.2 GHz? Yikes.

I am not even sure what to say about it, but at the same time it isn't that shocking for me. The WiiU is what the Wii should of been at launch in order to be on the same playing field with the PS3 and 360 for power capabilities. When the PS4, and the 720 launch it will take away vast game development from the WiiU in my opinion, as developers will have much higher end hardware to work with. Like this current generation we see games come out for both the PS3 and the 360, but not for the Wii, simply because the system cannot run it. That trend will continue with the release of the PS4 and the 720.
    Nintendo isn't in need of third party devs blasting out "next gen" titles. The first party titles sell loads, and is a huge profit for them. All the third party releases are gravy for them after that fact.

First, not a single person has to even own a Wii U to discuss aspects of the system, their feelings of the system, games, etc. There isn't any logical requirement that someone has OWN a Wii U to criticize things about the system. AC3 doesn't run "best" on the Wii U. The 360 version is ahead by enough a margin to realize it. The Wii U version was cut down so that it COULD run as well as the other systems. We have plenty of discussion on how the Wii U is liked in different areas, how you say it "what the Wii U is doing good". Those good things are eclipsed for others by the negative things the Wii U does.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post

Nintendo release the Wii: "$#@!ing waggle controls are for casuals"
    Sony release the Move: "$#@!ing motion controls are the best ever"

+rep when they are available.

Elite Guru
    I know your post wasn't really directed at me. But with regards to the bolded I think this time there may be a case that they are the ones following.. to a certain extent. The incredible success of the iPad and tablet devices in general has made Nintendo want a piece of that pie. Throwing in a tablet-like controller into the mix just isn't very innovative to me, compared to say... Dual screens on a handheld, or motion controllers with the Wii.

Not to mention they don't lead in things such as 3rd party relations, OS or online infrastructure. They lead in tapping a mass market and they do so very well. I'm convinced this thing is going to sell a $#@!-ton when it's 199 next holiday and have good ports to boot

I'm sure alongside the GamePad it will offer some great experiences, particularly with 1st party games, but it just doesn't come across as innovative as their previous ventures

Yep @ AC3 running well on WiiU. It's why I mentioned in an earlier post that if AC3 runs so good then the console must have something going for it, spec-wise. Developers have had years and years to optimize code and squeeze every last bit of juice there is available in the PS3 and 360, and AC3 runs perfectly fine on the WiiU out the gate. That may not sound too impressive but compare launch titles like Resistance to Killzone 3, or Perfect Dark Zero to Halo 4. Huge differences. So that, at least, is promising enough to me
    Last edited by Nitey; 11-29-2012 at 23:57.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Actually the Wii U architecture is well understood as its virtually the same CPU from the Wii (just 2 more cores) and the GPU is a traditional design. So devs shouldn't run into problems unless they are really lazy and just dumped the code into Wii U (which is the case for most launch ports)

PSU Technical Advisor

You having some insecurity about your new purchase there, Lethal?

We've already explained to you, in detail, why we say the things we do. How this is a console launched in 2012, not 2006 etc- you just choose not to buy the arguments.

So you go into a thread discussing the negative aspects of this "new" (and I use that term extremely loosely) console, and throw a hissy fit that people aren't laying down with their trousers around their legs ready for a good reaming by Nintendo.

Yes, I think consumers got screwed pretty hard with the 3DS and the WiiU. And the Wii, as a matter of fact (though this last point I'm willing to concede more readily than the first two).

I do sincerely hope this is your last response in this thread.

As for this part:

" Everyone knows Nintendo leads and everyone else follows. You know damn well you guys will be buying your tablet controllers for your PS4 and next Xbox systems when they come out. And we all know they will follow because it is easy to see how the gamepad makes gaming more enjoyable"
    Providing Sony or MS do this (and I don't mean in some secondary way like with the Vita\PSP & PS3 or a separate product altogether like a Surface Tablet and the Next Xbox), I'm pretty confident they will do it better than Nintendo. Meaning they will put more effort and resources into making their box and tablet device.. Higher quality.

Although I'm really not quite sure how Nintendo is "leading" here. Or did tablets\smartphones not release YEARS before the WiiU hit? The PSP has quite a few features that mimick some of what the WiiU is doing now- also years ago. No, I don't buy into this position that somehow Nintendo is "leading the pack" with this revolutionary and wonderful idea. It's not motion controls man, its a fricken gutted screen with buttons that receives wireless inputs from the box.

Lastly, I'm not entirely convinced anybody (especially MS) needs to "emulate" Nintendo. Kinect didn't deliver on the promises MS made for it- sure. I'm very critical of how it was implemented... But Kinect 2.0, if rumors are any indication, could be a real game changer. Anyways, point is MS is sitting pretty for the next generation in regards to "unique methods of interaction" that can make some serious waves with the casual market.

Kinect was more "revolutionary" than the WiiU is. And Kinect 2.0 will probably blow some socks off.

Sony? Well they have Move.. And the Vita. Who knows what they will do.

This whole console is just a series of gross missteps. Why would I want to waste my time with yet another tablet (which runs neither iOS or Android) tied to a box sitting in my living room... Which can only do a handful of things ok (web\content etc) and a few specific things really good (?), like tying itself into games... With a machine that just barely eeks past 2006 hardware standards?

This machine doesn't instill "Excitement!" in me. Just skepticism.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 11-30-2012 at 01:57.

Friendship is Carrots
    Lethal's responses just aren't even in the same category as the theme of the thread.

Everyone: "The hardware in the wii-U is terrible for today's age."
    Lethal: "Well the gamepad still opens up many possibilities, and the system itself can be very fun."

Which is perfectly fine as a statement, but it doesn't befit well to the problem expressed and shown here. It's just circumnavigating it entirely and making up excuses.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

PSU Technical Advisor
    WiiU:

28. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    You having some insecurity about your new purchase there, Lethal?
    I do not get insecure with any purchases.

As far as Nintendo is concerned, Sony and Microsoft do not exist. Nintendo is in it for Nintendo and their following. They are not competing with anyone but themselves. The Wii U is competing against the Wii, and the Wii U is far more improved over their previous console. Nintendo could easily release a console that launches them back to #1. Hell, release the Wii U with next gen chips and you have a serious contender for best console. But that is not what Nintendo is about. They weren't with the Wii, and they aren't now.

Could this bite Nintendo in the ass when the next gen consoles come out? Possibly...

Personally, I love this console. Nintendo did a fantastic job with the Miiverse and the gamepad. It keeps track of all of your game time for each individual game and app. It has some really good games available already, Like New Super Mario Bros U, ZombiU, and AC3. I am even buying a 2nd Wii U for my kids.
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-30-2012 at 02:40.

Thread Information