Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: Io Interactive

Superior Member

Io Interactive

Finally IO gave us a new Hitman game after doing 2 Kane & Lynch Games and Mini Ninja's. Now Finally can they please make the sequel to one of My favorite games of ALL TIME FREEDOM FIGHTERS.

I know many of you haven't played or heard about this game before, but if you have a ps2 and you can withstand decent graphics from 2003 give this game a try. It's a story about modern(well atleast in the early 2000's)U.S mainly New York City being invaded by a re-emerging Soviet Union. The story is actually really good and the gunplay is great for a 2003 third person shooter. The cpu on both the allies and enemy are pretty decent. It's squad based with you controlling anywhere from 2 troops all the way up to 12. Also mostly all chapters has 3 or 2 levels and what you do in one level effects something in another level and their non linear. You can approach and beat a level any way you want.

This is such an underated gem that not alot of people played but it still sold over 1million copies and was apart of the PS2's Greatest hits line. For what it's worth it sits at 81 on metacritic and the user score is at 85. I couldn't find a good video of the game that didn't have someone using cheats, being too good at the game or speeding up the gamespeed but this is an okay one.

I recommend this game to everyone especially if you like Squad based third person shooters with a decent story.

IO announced a sequel in 2005 but sadly the new generation started then they forgot about the sequel, leaving thousands of fans hoping they bring it back to no avail.

With them releasing 2 Kane & Lynch games, Mini Ninja's and finally releasing a new game of their best series in Hitman, I hope and wish that Freedom Fighters 2 is finally next on the list.
    Last edited by Mo-green28; 11-19-2012 at 05:03.
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Superior Member
    actually you can try it on PS2,XBOX,Gamecube, or PC
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Freedom Fighters is pure awesomeness! I'd give a lot for a sequel!

Make it happen, IO!

Superior Member
    yes i know, the only problem I had with the first is it's too short, I wish they would put it in the ps2 classics on ps store.

Thread Information