Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Like Fijiandoce, I'm probably more suited to the Win8 tablet though. Might be the next tablet purchase? If it has a nice HD screen and is lower in price though.
    Yeah I was about to say they've sold 40 mill.

But I don't see anyone hating, where was it? All have been very valid and rational points.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    For me, the main problem is the moving back and forth on two separate desktops. I have Win8 on a media laptop and I don't ever want to see the old Win7 Desktop. It is easier to see on the TV and navigate in "metro". However, when you pull up certain apps (and the app store for Windows is missing A LOT of stuff), you get transported to the old Desktop. Touch tablets, at least the RT, have this exact issue. It is fine when you are in Metro, but you will get transported to the old Desktop which messes up the continuity and effeciency of the experience.

If you do get a tablet, make sure it is a pro. The RT doesn't run the full Win8, so a lot of stuff is missing...especially for business use.

Finally, I am not suggesting that no one update. I think people should mess around with it for a while and decide if they can live with this two headed approach. I can live with it on my media computers but I won't be updating the one I use for work.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm doing a full mirror image of my current hdd contents... then formatting it all down, and installing win 8 and give it a real go. We'll see what happens there.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here we go: (got it for $14.99)

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Ok, so it took from 7:35 to 8:55 to get it downloaded, installed, and booted to the desktop. I'm optimizing it now, and trying to get it running smoothly.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    40 million licenses sold. Mostly OEM licences and the manufacturers are having trouble shifting Windows 8 PCs meaning that in the long run they won't be purchasing more licenses because they have a $#@! ton stockpiled already.

Of course we won't really know anything till Microsoft publishes quarterly results.

As for windows 8. I like it. It's initially a learning curve. But so was the new office layout initially, but nobody can tell me its not better now than it used to be.

I do however agree with the assessment of the metro interface being separate from the desktop mode. It is at times a notable shift and I also hate the shift to the app store for things to be run on the full screen app like mode. Also in chrome to get the "windows 8 mode" it has to be default browser.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Thread Information