Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Wii u Nintendo IDs are console locked.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=500412&page=1

For those of you that aren't aware the Nintendo IDs are locked to consoles so you can't use the same one on multiple systems. It has also become apparent that even Nintendo customer services can't transfer them to new consoles.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    As well as games purchased on a console. Nintendo isn't making much sense with this crap.

3. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Damn, that seems harsh? Oh well, I won't be buying one anyway.

Tap-a-hoe
    Last edited by THUGGEDOUT; 11-20-2012 at 10:07.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I guess Ninty deems that the majority of it's customers have no need for that.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    That's kinda stupid!!

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Also when you delete an account off the system you loose everything and you can't make that account name again. (basically its marked as deactivated on their servers for history reasons)

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Nintendo is really wanting me to get a Wii U now!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    For those of you that aren't aware the Nintendo IDs are locked to consoles so you can't use the same one on multiple systems. It has also become apparent that even Nintendo customer services can't transfer them to new consoles.
    Also when you delete an account off the system you loose everything and you can't make that account name again. (basically its marked as deactivated on their servers for history reasons)
    Surely this stuff will be rectified? From what I've been reading this launch has been very underwhelming. Everything seems half baked

I read that when you add someone to your friend list, they don't even get a prompt. They have to add you manually

The PS3 was barebones when it released too, so I'm guessing Nintendo will fix all this $#@! with time

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Not sure how they can fix it when it basically just seems like a friend code with names that you can choose instead of numbers.

I think they thought when people said they didn't like friend codes and wanted user accounts, they thought the actual issue was the names and not actually the benefits of a server side account system.

Last edited by squirrelbo1; 11-20-2012 at 13:31.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The Wii U is not my primary gaming console, so the user id being locked to one console does not really bother me. I am sure Nintendo will fix that with a future update.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Damn, that seems harsh? Oh well, I won't be buying one anyway.

Tap-a-hoe
    Yeah they're making too many mistakes with it atm mainly with their network, I'll probably get one six years into its life when they're like $99 and have a worthy library, right now there's nothing that I can't get elsewhere.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Im not feeling this console either, bring on the next xbox and ps and I will be happy.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    If some other first party ones aren't released kinda soon, i probably wont keep it.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The Wii U is not my primary gaming console, so the user id being locked to one console does not really bother me. I am sure Nintendo will fix that with a future update.

What if your console breaks or is stolen ?

Apprentice
    Wow you guys totally missed the point on this completly.

Nintendo cant do the transfer because the idea is for you to keep a backup sd card with the system transfer information on it so if you lose something you can recover it also the new friends system is a friends system meaning no friend codes they got rid of them because to many people where complaining about lued and bad images from mii characters being sent to users on the original wii and also remember nintendo isn't stupid if the console malfunctions they can recover your data with a simple log in into your club nintendo account ask your self this question why does the 3ds work with the shop because if you tie in your club nintendo account to your wii u and the 3ds it keeps track of what you purchase

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by johnodd4 View Post
    Wow you guys totally missed the point on this completly.

Nintendo cant do the transfer because the idea is for you to keep a backup sd card with the system transfer information on it so if you lose something you can recover it also the new friends system is a friends system meaning no friend codes they got rid of them because to many people where complaining about lued and bad images from mii characters being sent to users on the original wii and also remember nintendo isn't stupid if the console malfunctions they can recover your data with a simple log in into your club nintendo account ask your self this question why does the 3ds work with the shop because if you tie in your club nintendo account to your wii u and the 3ds it keeps track of what you purchase
    Currently they can not, or are just refusing to, do this with the WiiU(according to their own customer support). Perhaps it will change in the future but people are already having their WiiU systems fail and losing purchased digital content that becomes unrecoverable unless they send the console in for repair instead of just exchanging it for another one.

There is no excuse for Nintendo to lock down the system the way they have, there is plenty of examples of it being done right or at least much better from other companies. This not only has the potential to turn away customers but also publishers/developers if WiiU owners don't take to digital content due to fear of losing everything.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 11-22-2012 at 00:27.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    A post on gaf summed this up perfectly. It was along the lines of this:

"on 360 I can acsess my account on any system I like.

I can purchase content online from any system I'm logged into with my account.

Whatever system I purchase content from it can be played both online and offline.

I can play any content purchased on any system I like as long as I'm connected to XBL.

I can download any content I have purchased if my console breaks or is stolen.

These were all features available on day one 6 years ago"

So basically WTF is Nintendo doing.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    A post on gaf summed this up perfectly. It was along the lines of this:

"on 360 I can acsess my account on any system I like.

I can purchase content online from any system I'm logged into with my account.

Whatever system I purchase content from it can be played both online and offline.

I can play any content purchased on any system I like as long as I'm connected to XBL.

I can download any content I have purchased if my console breaks or is stolen.

These were all features available on day one 6 years ago"

So basically WTF is Nintendo doing.

100% agreed here... what the heck is Nintendo thinking? I can't come up with a reasonable explanation for this crap.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    When the originally Wii first came out. I purchased a lot of classic games. I ended up selling my Wii, and now I have no way of getting those games again without paying again. I was hoping Nintendo would learn from the mistakes they made with the Wii. They certainly haven't put any effort in to fixing that one.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    When the originally Wii first came out. I purchased a lot of classic games. I ended up selling my Wii, and now I have no way of getting those games again without paying again. I was hoping Nintendo would learn from the mistakes they made with the Wii. They certainly haven't put any effort in to fixing that one.
    I know a guy who has over $500 worth of purchases on the Wii, and are registered on his Nintendo Club account, which is now linked to his Network ID. However, he isn't going to be able to play those games on his Wii U. It won't transfer the licenses. He no longer has that Wii, even though he has the licenses all on his account. Nintendo is going to have to fix this crap before I spend the money on that system again. I have an opened game I'll try and get a refund for. This is absurd. I haven't even thought about this stuff with the 3ds since I only buy retail carts. I am reconsidering supporting Nintendo at all.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Isn't this Nintendo's first proper online service though? You can't really compare a few days old network with a 10 year old one.
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 11-22-2012 at 17:38.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Isn't this Nintendo's first proper online service though? You can't really compare a few days old network with a 10 year old one.
    It's not proper for one. Two... It's not like there aren't any kinds of basics or other successful infrastructures that they could build off of. They've screwed the pooch on this one so far.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yeah but ps3 online was new with ps3 6 years ago and worked much better.

Dedicated Member
    rofl I am not surprised ...this system is garbage like I called it. This is worst than the Wii since they actually tried this time.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    That sucks. I created one on my friend's console to "claim" it lol.

Thread Information