Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX

First Skyrim, Now Black Ops II

This generation, namely the last couple of years of it, has seen some potentially fantastic games fall to the hands of hackers and bugs. Every Call of Duty title has experienced some sort of plaguing bug or wave of hackers that ultimately makes the game less enjoyable, and Skyrim, as us PS3 gamers need not remember, is still experiencing one of the biggest developer screw ups of the generation.

Why is this happening? Why, after several years of these consoles being out, are these types of issues still persisting? Is it unreasonable to expect Activision, Infinity Ward, and Treyarch to create a stable title after several years and unprecedented sales figures? Are we being too critical of a developer as top-tier as Bethesda that utterly fails to code for one of the primary consoles of the generation?

Is it indolence on the part of developers and publishers?
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Veteran
    I can see where you're from, and what I do hate the most about publishers & producers it's the fact that the people like the one behind Skyrim (bethesda or whatever) don't give a single damn about their PS3 fan base, they gave them a $#@!ty buggyland game, with no signs of a patch for a while, and they're like since this game is so bad we just won't release any DLC on the PS3, I mean after all the crap they make their PS3 fan base go through with their $#@! game they truly don't give a crap. I bought Fallout 3 & New Vegas, but after this I am done with this company, they don't care about us, I couldn't care about them either. Stuff like that pisses me off.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You have a point, but I'm just dropping in to say that I've been playing black ops 2 on ps3 I'm half way through the campaign and played 11h multiplayer and have had ZERO issues aside from two day 1 connection issues.

Most ps3 ports/versions are fine and people over react imo. But yeah... Bethesda are great devs but their ps3 $#@! ups are inexcusable

Via Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    This generation, namely the last couple of years of it, has seen some potentially fantastic games fall to the hands of hackers and bugs. Every Call of Duty title has experienced some sort of plaguing bug or wave of hackers that ultimately makes the game less enjoyable, and Skyrim, as us PS3 gamers need not remember, is still experiencing one of the biggest developer screw ups of the generation.

Why is this happening? Why, after several years of these consoles being out, are these types of issues still persisting? Is it unreasonable to expect Activision, Infinity Ward, and Treyarch to create a stable title after several years and unprecedented sales figures? Are we being too critical of a developer as top-tier as Bethesda that utterly fails to code for one of the primary consoles of the generation?

Is it indolence on the part of developers and publishers?
    Simple... people keep buying the games in truckloads. Why would they keep pouring support into fixing problems if 10s of millions of people buy the game in the first week, and beyond? Simple...

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    The whole Skyrim debacle just saddens me. As a fan of Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, the thought of not playing the expansions is disheartening. Not to mention all the patches the PS3 players had to wait for so the game would be playable in some cases.

As for COD, are the older ones still hacked? If so, I'm not surprised. It costs money for those devs to make patches, and it's not cheap.

Master Guru
    I haven't had any issues with Skyrim or Black Ops 2 on PS3. I guess it's different for everyone.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Dont know much about skyrim but the thing concerning cod is that every protection or system can be hacked. There is nothing which cant be hacked. The only thing is to improve the games protection from hacks further so that not every 12 years old kid could bridge it.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I haven't had any issues with Skyrim or Black Ops 2 on PS3. I guess it's different for everyone.
    With the Xbox and the PS3, and the disks just being all burned duplicates, everything should be the same. Why are people having different experiences? I personally hardly ever experience bugs or glitches in my PS3 or 360 games either. But some people sure have all the luck and seem to find the show stopping bugs.

As for the discrepancy between BO2 on the 360 and PS3, I guess I would just chalk it up to the PS3 still not being as easy to develop for. Both consoles are at 70 million sold, so I can't see them choosing one or the other based on popularity to spend more development time on...when it's pretty much an even race.

I know that Treyarch is aware of BO2 bugs in the PS3 version, so I am not saying they don't exist (otherwise they wouldn't have released a PS3 specific patch and say there is more to fix yet). What really cooks my goose is, don't they have some outside beta testers, or a testing farm of PS3's (and 360s)?
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 11-20-2012 at 13:18.

Finally You Are Free
    I'm not sure what's wrong with the PS3. Typically when a game works on the 360 it works for everyone on the 360, but throughout this generation I've seen numerous stories where a game (Fallout 3, Skyrim, Wipeout, LBP1 and 2, etc) just wildly vary with the PS3. I can't imagine why, but it's as if the PS3's internal environment is unstable in some cases. Not saying it's not the developer's fault, but when you see a pattern like this you have to wonder if Sony did something that could have helped cause this.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's the users that are making it seem like a variable experience. If every person on the PS3 that plays skyrim do the exact thing in the same place that has the problems, they will all have that problem. Same with BLOPS2. If you don't play the parts wher ethe problems exist, you can claim you don't have those problems.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    With the Xbox and the PS3, and the disks just being all burned duplicates, everything should be the same. Why are people having different experiences? I personally hardly ever experience bugs or glitches in my PS3 or 360 games either. But some people sure have all the luck and seem to find the show stopping bugs.

As for the discrepancy between BO2 on the 360 and PS3, I guess I would just chalk it up to the PS3 still not being as easy to develop for. Both consoles are at 70 million sold, so I can't see them choosing one or the other based on popularity to spend more development time on...when it's pretty much an even race.

I know that Treyarch is aware of BO2 bugs in the PS3 version, so I am not saying they don't exist (otherwise they wouldn't have released a PS3 specific patch and say there is more to fix yet). What really cooks my goose is, don't they have some outside beta testers, or a testing farm of PS3's (and 360s)?
    It has more to do with porting and coding for the, Playstation 3 along with a convenient debug mode the Xbox 360 has compared to Sony's console - all of us know this so we should consider this fact with the majority of multiplatform titles. Some 3rd party developers have managed to pull it off with little issues so it all depends on their talent pool. If Sony play their cards right next generation, we'll start seeing improvements.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Just to note A team of 100 testers testing for 10 hours per day for 6 months cannot do the same amount of testing hours as 1million players in 1 hour.

They are going to have to start introducing anticheat into console games pretty soon I think.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-20-2012 at 22:25.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Bethesda's PS3 games have all been under-par. I guess Oblivion was okay but it came out later I think.

As for CoD, it's been great. I had a few crashes on day one but after 1.30 the game has been fine for me and many others (I've been lurking the gaf BO2 thread). No more blurry graphics, no more crashing and matchmaking is painless. The only problem atm is the lag compensation but all versions of the game suffer from that

I think it's worth mentioning that Bethesda recently acknowledged their problems with developing on the PS3, and the whole dawnguard dlc thing etc is on them. Not that there was ever any doubt, but to answer your question - no we're not being too critical of a dev like Bethesda for failing

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    PC.......

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

PSN ID
    icup_noodles
    activision is all about that greeeeeen!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Airiaen
    They need to upgrade the PS3's ram and all.. then Skyrim will be ok.

Master Poster
    To this day I believe that playstation is a foreign product trying to find its way to America. But like a post said before most ports are decent its just solely on if the devs give a $#@! or not

Thread Information