Latest PSU headlines:

PSN ID
    Burgiccuda

Want to get a Vita on Black Friday. Convince me!

I'm an every day gamer who enjoys a wide range of games and has down time at work that could easily be filled with this handheld.

This is where you guys/girls who already have a Vita convince me that this is the right choice for me. What makes this so great, what games should I buy if I do get the Vita, etc.

Thank you in advance!
    All your bacon are belong to me.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    So.... You want a Vita but need convincing?

Get PS+ if you don't already have it along with your 199$ Assassins Creed Vita bundle on Black Friday and you'll have 5 games including 2 of the best games available for it, Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity rush.

White Vita... 6 free games (with more down the road) 199$ (plus PS+ sub) ?!?! can't beat that deal!!!

Nothing like going into a gamestop/ebgames and holding the thing in your own hand to know whether you will like it or not.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

3. Likes mickice likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgiccuda View Post
    I'm an every day gamer who enjoys a wide range of games and has down time at work that could easily be filled with this handheld.

This is where you guys/girls who already have a Vita convince me that this is the right choice for me. What makes this so great, what games should I buy if I do get the Vita, etc.

Thank you in advance!
    How can anyone other than yourself decide what the right choice is for you?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Please do not purchase the most powerful handheld console ever made. Please do not get PS+ which immediately gives you 3 great Vita retail games.

Hope that helps!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    you are convinced to get a vita... you are convinced to get a vita.... you are convinced to get a vita...

lol. anyway, I love mine, though my time available to do any kind of gaming as almost evaporated into thin air. Between work, sleep, and rebuilding my car i just havent had much time to play, plus im on the northeast coast of the US and Hurricane Sandy took away my capability to even charge my vita for almost 2 weeks so that sucked too. all that time to play games, zero electricity. couldnt even charge the thing at work.

I would Definately recommend

Assassins Creed Liberation
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    MLB 12 The Show (can get it very cheap used and your road to the show carries over to ps3 and vice verce)
    Mortal Kombat
    Treasures of Montezuma: blitz (on psn, believe its free. Awesome, fun little game similar to bejeweled, plus trophies)

The other thing is i dont have a tablet. I dont necessarily want one either, i just dont want to have to run up to my room to check youtube if i get stuck on a ps3 game, so i just use the vita for youtube, or if im watching a movie ill check out websites, or ebay motors for car parts.

I have the charging dock plugged into a set of old standard PC speakers so that while im cooking something in the kitchen i just dock it, plug the speakers into the wall, and boom, i can hear what theyre saying, put it right in front of where im working and as long as im not cutting anything i can keep going back and forth between what im doing and the screen.

I want to figure out how to get videos from my PC to the memory card, so that while im at work on my break (no wifi there) i can watch some episodes of something, for which ill eventually pick up a larger memory card of. later on down the road though, its not that important to me.

Tis the season, theres some good bundles coming out right around now, so if youre interested go for it. I have the 3G/Wifi version because i wanted the gps in it, which in retrospect was probably a mistake since i never actually activated my ATT 30 day trial which im sure has expired by now and never got the free psn game. oh well. I still like it.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

7. Likes Burgiccuda likes this post
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    How can anyone other than yourself decide what the right choice is for you?
    I was really just looking for input from posters who already have a Vita. None of my friends or acquaintances IRL have one, so I've really not heard much.

Thanks for helping.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgiccuda View Post
    I was really just looking for input from posters who already have a Vita. None of my friends or acquaintances IRL have one, so I've really not heard much.

Thanks for helping.
    F34R is really good that way

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    you are convinced to get a vita... you are convinced to get a vita.... you are convinced to get a vita...

lol. anyway, I love mine, though my time available to do any kind of gaming as almost evaporated into thin air. Between work, sleep, and rebuilding my car i just havent had much time to play, plus im on the northeast coast of the US and Hurricane Sandy took away my capability to even charge my vita for almost 2 weeks so that sucked too. all that time to play games, zero electricity. couldnt even charge the thing at work.

I would Definately recommend

Assassins Creed Liberation
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    MLB 12 The Show (can get it very cheap used and your road to the show carries over to ps3 and vice verce)
    Mortal Kombat
    Treasures of Montezuma: blitz (on psn, believe its free. Awesome, fun little game similar to bejeweled, plus trophies)

The other thing is i dont have a tablet. I dont necessarily want one either, i just dont want to have to run up to my room to check youtube if i get stuck on a ps3 game, so i just use the vita for youtube, or if im watching a movie ill check out websites, or ebay motors for car parts.

I have the charging dock plugged into a set of old standard PC speakers so that while im cooking something in the kitchen i just dock it, plug the speakers into the wall, and boom, i can hear what theyre saying, put it right in front of where im working and as long as im not cutting anything i can keep going back and forth between what im doing and the screen.

I want to figure out how to get videos from my PC to the memory card, so that while im at work on my break (no wifi there) i can watch some episodes of something, for which ill eventually pick up a larger memory card of. later on down the road though, its not that important to me.

Tis the season, theres some good bundles coming out right around now, so if youre interested go for it. I have the 3G/Wifi version because i wanted the gps in it, which in retrospect was probably a mistake since i never actually activated my ATT 30 day trial which im sure has expired by now and never got the free psn game. oh well. I still like it.
    Thank you, very much. I work for AT&T, so I will probably get the 3G version.

PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    So.... You want a Vita but need convincing?

Get PS+ if you don't already have it along with your 199$ Assassins Creed Vita bundle on Black Friday and you'll have 5 games including 2 of the best games available for it, Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity rush.

White Vita... 6 free games (with more down the road) 199$ (plus PS+ sub) ?!?! can't beat that deal!!!

Nothing like going into a gamestop/ebgames and holding the thing in your own hand to know whether you will like it or not.
    Great advice. I am a + subscriber already and a big fan of the Uncharted series, so this seems like a no-brainer. I'll be picking up the ACIII bundle.

12. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

If you havent already go to a local gamestop and get your hands on one...that'll convince you for sure LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post

If you havent already go to a local gamestop and get your hands on one...that'll convince you for sure LOL
    Well thats just made me want to buy another one lol
    New member of the PS4 club

15. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The best thing to do is read the threads in this section. It's a much better resource than a thread like this.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk

PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The best thing to do is read the threads in this section. It's a much better resource than a thread like this.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk
    Noted. Good talk.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    This lil baby is awesome man you WILL not be disappointed

~posted from vita right now

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    I wouldn't do so! That's my opinion just because I never have time to play it! But it's all up to you!

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter / Assassin's Creed 3 / GW2
    Waiting For: CoD: Black Ops 2 / Borderlands 2

Buy a PSVITA and get 6 awesome games on PS plus lol
    Also Ranarok Odyssey and Dokuro are great games lol
    Last edited by EdoTensei; 11-21-2012 at 09:37.

Thread Information