Thread: PS3 ylod

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005

PS3 ylod

My ps3 has the ylod its on of the $700 limited edition models does anyone know how to fix it correctly
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yikes, that's terrible to say the least..

Here ya go:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...w=1760&bih=897

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Google knows all man! Just google up a suggestion! Lol

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter / Assassin's Creed 3 / GW2
    Waiting For: CoD: Black Ops 2 / Borderlands 2

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    thanks guys. from what ive heard its usually the cpu/gpu seperating from the boaard all i got to do is put on some new thermal paste and it should be good as new
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    thanks guys. from what ive heard its usually the cpu/gpu seperating from the boaard all i got to do is put on some new thermal paste and it should be good as new
    Thermal paste doesn't keep the chip from separating from the board.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    thats what every one else says the thermal paste burns out on the gpu and cpu casing them to get hot and melt seperating them from the board so you have to use a heat gun to heat the board and melt it back in place then reapply the thermal paste

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    thats what every one else says the thermal paste burns out on the gpu and cpu casing them to get hot and melt seperating them from the board so you have to use a heat gun to heat the board and melt it back in place then reapply the thermal paste
    Applying a new layer of thermal paste is a good idea, for sure. That will help the overheating problem that causes the board to lose it's ability to keep components connected. However, it's more about the actual solder that needs to be reheated then allowed to cool in order to let the solder "reform" that connection and hold it there.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    yes i know its called the heat gun method after you add that soder and let it cool at the thermal paste. i did take it apart earlier and i heard a click from the power supply i opened up the power supply and it came from one of the 2 black chips it clicks when it turns off with the blinking red light

Master Guru
    That's the great thing about the PS3. On the very rare occasion that it does break on you it's an easy fix.

Good luck.

Elite Guru
    Ugh I've seen videos of people repairing the PS3 and it looks ANYTHING but simple. Maybe if you have a technological background you can do it without ruining your system but the number of screws and parts you have to keep track of is not for the faint of heart.

I'm just glad I dont have one of those special edition deals, you mess that up it's never coming back.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha2 View Post
    Ugh I've seen videos of people repairing the PS3 and it looks ANYTHING but simple. Maybe if you have a technological background you can do it without ruining your system but the number of screws and parts you have to keep track of is not for the faint of heart.

I'm just glad I dont have one of those special edition deals, you mess that up it's never coming back.
    Pretty much spot on here. It's not so much as it is an easy fix... it's definitely worth trying if someone doesn't wanna spend money having someone else do it for them. I mean, regardless.. they don't have a usable console until its fixed.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    i got my freind to do it for me for free and if he doesnt fix it ill just use good old classic youtube

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    i got my freind to do it for me for free and if he doesnt fix it ill just use good old classic youtube
    Decent. Let us know how it goes.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    we tried to fix it but we figured out what happend his flux and thermal paste was bad so we ordered some more hopefully it worrks

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    I would never try to fix my console, and touch wood my consoles won't ever break on me.

Anyway i hope you get it fixed and keep in touch with us me wanna no how it goes for ya good luck
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    I finnaly got my ps3 fixed it took about 2 hours to fix it though hope it lasts

Thread Information