Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    I'm here and still noisy. Will not be buying it and I'm a huge fan! This is definitely not Devil May Cry combat. They did try but still failed to capture the essence. Also this is absolutely not Dante or LOL Virgil by any means.

It would have been better to name it a new game. R.I.P. DMC

P.S. the reason most fans of DMC are quiet is because they've moved on and don't pay it any attention. Only the biggest fans are trying to salvage a DMC game from it like me.

It also amazes me how a lot of people are saying that it is Devil May Cry just that the combat is easier? This is like bizzaro world! The thing that made Devil May Cry is that the combat was hard and highly complex which rewarded you when you put in the work to learn the system. So reading the above saying is like full retard mode to me. I take it that these people really only played DMC4 and up?

I played every DMC multiple times. The controls are different, yeah. But it's stil very similar to DMC. I mean it's a hack'n'slah game in the style of DMC. It's not a God Of War-style hack'n'slash game, but a DMC HnS game. That should be obvious when you look at some gameplay.

And all that matters is: The game is fun and interesting. Let the people who like the game enjoy it.

2. Likes Suzano-O likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    I'm here and still noisy. Will not be buying it and I'm a huge fan! This is definitely not Devil May Cry combat. They did try but still failed to capture the essence. Also this is absolutely not Dante or LOL Virgil by any means.

It would have been better to name it a new game. R.I.P. DMC

P.S. the reason most fans of DMC are quiet is because they've moved on and don't pay it any attention. Only the biggest fans are trying to salvage a DMC game from it like me.

It also amazes me how a lot of people are saying that it is Devil May Cry just that the combat is easier? This is like bizzaro world! The thing that made Devil May Cry is that the combat was hard and highly complex which rewarded you when you put in the work to learn the system. So reading the above saying is like full retard mode to me. I take it that these people really only played DMC4 and up?
    I totally agree with you.

People who enjoy this game either

A. have low standards, wheather they're oldschool DMC fans or not (I almost don't want to abbreviate it because of how much I don't like this westernized version.)
    B. Are overly-progressive and overly-optimistic
    C. Haven't played since the start, and don't really know what to expect.

And yes, I feel better now.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 11-21-2012 at 21:16.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Boss fight on Nephilim difficulty was pretty easy, actually.

Apart from the awful try-hard-to-be-cool dialogue and simplistic combat, that's really what bothered me the most as I've never been good at these games. So I'm thinking real fans might have found it too easy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    I played every DMC multiple times. The controls are different, yeah. But it's stil very similar to DMC. I mean it's a hack'n'slah game in the style of DMC. It's not a God Of War-style hack'n'slash game, but a DMC HnS game. That should be obvious when you look at some gameplay.

And all that matters is: The game is fun and interesting. Let the people who like the game enjoy it.
    I agree with you. Especially when you say it is just a hack 'n' slash game in the style of DMC. Definitely not a DMC game though which is why it would have been better just to name it something else. I'm also not telling people dismiss the game if they enjoy it. By all means, if you like it, play it.

My quote was aimed at the dude who was snarky about DMC fans being up in arms about the changes. First they took away the character familiarity. Took away the 60FPS for UE3. Change the familiar character personalities. And now even the gameplay.

LOL, why wouldn't the fans be up in arms?

6. Likes Two4DaMoney , Gaddes likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items User name style
    No one seems to consider that the reboot is probably aimed at a new fanbase, the current one can enjoy the hd remake

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

8. Likes Suzano-O, Equinoqs likes this post
    Apprentice
    Can anybody tell my why you evade by either pressing L1 or R1?

I guess I know why they changed the controls from "+R1" (in the previous DMCs, you had to hold R1 to launch or to make special attacks) to a simple "hold circle". Because in previous DMCs, you had to press R1 + move left thumb stick in opposite direction that Dante is facing and press triangle. This could get tricky (not for me - the only move that I can't do from every angle in every fight is Calibur in DMC4... DAMN YOU CALIBUR!!!) in some fights.

And yes, of course the new DMC is for a new audience. But even I as a fan of the old DMCs like it. Why not? I love the artstyle and the overall direction that they go for. I love that kind of music (metal/rock and just cool stuff... I'm not saying that every track that plays is cool, but most of it is nice and fitting). I just hope that they get the framerate right - that's all. They need to lock it ABOVE 30FPS. The morphing environment is cool too.

To all oldschool DMC fans: DMC1, DMC2, DMC3 and DMC4 (especially DMC3 and 4) have hit timeless status now. This reboot is the beginning of a new DMC franchise and it's for a new audience. Deal with it. We can still enjoy DMC3 and 4, which are by far the best of the four titles. I prefer DMC3... in my opinion, one, if not THE most amazing action/hacknslash title ever made. I am a huge GOW fan, but this blows GOW out of the water. It's litterally that good. Anyone who has never played DMC: Go pick up the HD collection and DMC4. HD collection is 30-40 dollars/Euros, DMC4 is 10-20 dollars/Euros. GREAT games!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Thanks for the heads up that the demos
    Out, ill try it later tonight... As someone who LOVES devil may cry 1-4... This will be interesting

Via Tapatalk

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Asura View Post
    No one seems to consider that the reboot is probably aimed at a new fanbase, the current one can enjoy the hd remake
    smh...I wish you people would $#@!ing stop with the "deal with it(in so many words)" bull$#@!. Capcom wants to keep the old fans along with new fans.
    Eurogamer: What do you mean by 'reboot'?

Motohide Eshiro: Well, taking Devil May Cry 4 as an example, including the PC versions we sold 2.7 million of that particular game, but we looked at the market and saw that there were other action games selling four million, five million, all these copies.

One of our goals for this game is to create something new and fresh that keeps the old fans but also catches new people, so that we can increase our overall appeal, our sales and our audience.

When we say rebirth, part of our goal is to go back to the roots, dig deeper, and try to expand upon those ideas to make the series accessible to a wider audience. We want to give the series a fresh, new standard – a literal rebirth.
    Playing dmc 1-4 isn't going to satisfy current fans who are wanting dmc5 instead of this reboot. Capcom has risked alienating 3 million fans just to try(because it's no sure shot thing) to sell more copies with this reboot. If it doesn't move *god of war 3 numbers then this whole reboot idea should be considered a failure.

*GOW3 has sold 5.2 million copies as of june 2012.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 11-22-2012 at 01:43.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

12. Likes Mael Duin, Kauldron likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items User name style
    Another aspect to consider is gamers aren't as hardcore as they used to be, there are some exceptions though. Looking at games like Everquest compared to World of Warcraft, at first they made the game challenging but then started seeing the advantages of making the experience easier which lead to their huge rise in subscribers.

All companies care about is the bottom line, if they can push out more copies due to rebooting a popular series for a new audience and lowering the difficulty from it's predecessor, that may lead to more copies sold which leads to happier investors

If you notice I didn't mention happier fans, gaming isn't about making fans happy anymore it's not becoming 38 studios
    Last edited by Shin Asura; 11-22-2012 at 01:40.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    They could of easily made DMC more casual, like what himan: absolution did

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    They could of easily made DMC more casual, like what himan: absolution did
    Maybe Capcom wasn't sure how to approach it, that's why they went to Ninja Theory

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Let's see how those people that complained without end about the new DMC actually ENJOY the game after they played it for themselves.

Oh the irony.

I will definitely download it later.
    What irony? I enjoyed the demo and gameplay only. I still hate the character, the way they did Dante. He's this quasi-hipster with terrible puns. It's only in Devil Mode that pays homage to the original three.

Master Guru
    I haven't played the DMC reboot demo yet but i'm sure it's fun. My issue is with Ninja Theory pretty much just $#@!ting on the DMC fanbase and changing everything that was right with the franchise.

Apprentice
    Guys... Ninja Theory WANTED to make Dante kinda like the Dante of the previous four games, BUT CAPCOM TOLD THEM THAT IF THEY WANTED TO MAKE ANOTHER DMC-GAME WITH THE OLD DANTE THEY'D JUST MAKE IT THEMSELVES.

This is important, because everyone is blaming Ninja Theory and Tameem Antoniades for the look of Dante. I like the new look. You guys think in stereotypes it's not even funny anymore... "he looks like a junkie", "he looks like a smoking hippie" and whatever. I read comments like these on youtube, on this forum and on others. He does not look like a junkie. They changed him for the final game. In the announcement trailer, he was a lot skinnier and had bruised eyes and everything... he looked worn down and like someone had beaten the $#@! out of him. I LIKED THAT LOOK. It showed that he went through a lot of bad sh*t and that he's still experiencing it. And even if Dante did some drugs - so what? He lives in the modern world (in this reboot) and deals with problems no human could ever think of. What's the matter if he smokes some cigarettes when he's done with demon slaying? Who says the old Dante never smoked? We don't know because we didn't see or read it. But that's it: It's a freaking game! Not reality. I can't believe this $#@!ing.

19. Likes Suzano-O, sainraja , Wrath likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    Who says the old Dante never smoked?
    Hideki Kamiya, if I'm not mistaken. It wasn't considered cool.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Hideki Kamiya, if I'm not mistaken. It wasn't considered cool.
    Hmmm... whatever? Who cares?

Old Dante is old Dante, new Dante (/DMC) is new Dante (/DMC). I wouldn't be surprised if one day Capcom decided to run the two DMC universes (the original one and this new one) parallel or selling it to Ninja Theory or whoever pays the most.

I still try to adapt to "launch with circle" instead of "hold left stick back + R1 + triangle". But that's because there is no manual lock on. It wouldn't make sense and this way, a launch is easier to pull off (not that it was that hard in the original ones - the only move I really had to practice was Calibur with Nero in DMC4) and it keeps the flow of the combat fast. It's different, yet familiar. It feels DMC - definitely. It's an action hack'n'slash game, but it is DMC-gameplay. Square is your guns, triangle is your melee weapon attack, circle is your melee weapon special attack. In case of Rebellion (for those who don't know: Rebellion is Dante's trademark sword, and Ebony&Ivory are his twin guns, hand made), circle launches the enemy when you hold it, and when you're airborne, you press circle and he does a helmbreaker (smashing the sword down, thus "breaking" the helmet of any opponent ).

But seriously... everyone's talking about combat and Dante's look and that he "says stupid things that aren't smart or funny". Accept creativity and change.

But am I the only one who's very excited for the story? I can't wait to find out how Vergil will fit into the story and if he will turn "bad" or at least "need more power".

22. Likes Suzano-O, DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Okay, so I'm in the middle of playing it now, and I'm actually shocked at its quality. I had a bit of trouble with the camera and was fiddling with inversion for a while to see what would work best and the graphics aren't the best but it IS a lot of fun.

The combat is pretty great, and even just in this demo seems more varied and diverse than older Devil May Cry games... I really like the music too.

And yes, I still hate Dante, but if I look at this game as something new and not part of the existing franchise, its not bad at all

Ultimate Veteran
    You can like whatever you want. I was just answering your question.

I fail to see how the same old "accept change/haters gonna hate" argument is any better than criticizing that change - maybe out of sheer love for the franchise. In my case though, you don't need to be a longtime fan of the franchise to dislike some of the elements in the demo.

I lost interest in whatever story DmC might have when I had to listen to the painstakingly-awful dialogue between Dante and the boss. And even if it's all about the gameplay, I mentioned before that the boss battle on Nephilim difficulty was rather easy. You'll have to excuse me if I expected something more original than spamming the same attack and jumping between platforms.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-24-2012 at 23:32.

25. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Super Elite
    Items User name style
    I liked it. Haters gonna hate.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

27. Likes Suzano-O likes this post
    Apprentice
    I don't understand why some are so upset. Is it the fact the "new" dante isn't the emo looking, white haired dude? Or is the issue the combat? From what I played of the demo, the combat is the same. They even added things to moves to make it more interesting. My main draw to DMC was the fact the dude had guns and a sword, plus the combos were cool. I didn't care about his look. For all I cared it could have been a girl (Bayonetta <3), just as long as the combat was fun. It's just strange that some have such a huge love of how the "old" dante looked instead of loving the weapons and combat. I'm definitely buying this game, brand new, to support Ninja Theory. I'm a fan of DMC combat and from the demo, it looks to be great.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    You can like whatever you want. I was just answering your question.

I fail to see how the same old "accept change/haters gonna hate" argument is any better than criticizing that change
    - maybe out of sheer love for the franchise. In my case though, you don't need to be a longtime fan of the franchise to dislike some of the elements in the demo.

I lost interest in whatever story DmC might have when I had to listen to the painstakingly-awful dialogue between Dante and the boss. And even if it's all about the gameplay, I mentioned before that the boss battle on Nephilim difficulty was rather easy. You'll have to excuse me if I expected something more original than spamming the same attack and jumping between platforms.
    Exactly

It's not like people don't have a legitimate reason for not wanting this reboot. Some previous diehard fans can accept it if they want but there's no reason to try and make those that don't like this reboot feel as if they are in the wrong.

The reboot is playable but capcom won't see a dime of my money. I didn't want the series to be rebooted(there's a lot to be explained with the other universe). "Accept the change" You guys are funny. It's not in my favor to accept it. Why support it when I don't agree with it? That's like me telling capcom "$#@! the old universe."

I repeat. The purpose for the reboot was to sell more games. Anything less than 5 million is a failure. I'll pick this title up used and cheap next black friday.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I'm not a big DMC fan by any means (only played DMC3 & DMC4), but I went through the demo once and I was pretty impressed, especially after trying out the Ninja Gaiden 3 demo the other day lol. The new Dante clearly won't be as likeable as the old Dante though.

I'll probably end up buying this for cheap a year from now.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Regardless of if they had to make a new character they didn't have to go and make the biggest hipster douche bag on earth. Absolutely think they ruined everything about Dante with this new asshole.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Apprentice
    what's a hipster exactly?

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayzoo5 View Post
    what's a hipster exactly?
    It is a person who always liked anything at all before it became popular and calls the people who love it now that it is popular sheeps. Ironically they run around with Mac stuff lol
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

34. Likes Suzano-O, PS4freak likes this post

Thread Information