Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I just played the demo myself and was absolutely amazed by it! The gameplay is fluid, the new limbo mechanics are great and the boss battle was intense!

You guys seriously need to stop complaining and stop being stuck in the past. I was about to completely ignore this game because of all the hate it got. Glad they released a demo to prove me otherwise.

Think of it as the Mortal Kombat series: We have the original games that are set in fantasy realms and then we have the series that explores the same universe from a new, modern perspective. DmC is basically the same and should be applauded for taking that direction.

2. Likes Suzano-O, MBS D@v!d likes this post
    Master Poster
    I liked it...in fact the only problems I have with the reboot right now is all cosmetic...Im quite excited to see Ninja Theory give DMC a strong narrative.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    It is a person who always liked anything at all before it became popular and calls the people who love it now that it is popular sheeps. Ironically they run around with Mac stuff lol
    The label doesn't apply to Dante though, unless I'm missing something.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Depends on how his char is. I have never played the demo yet so do not know.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    im still trying to figure out if they censored the demo... or they censored the game now... i misss the words" $#@! YOU" while sliding down the corridor... now it just says "stop" wtf?
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    More or less I was referring to the hipster style. Not really the mentality of the character. He has the cookie cutter hipster style. That's neither here nor there. Carry on. Don't want my views on the character to derail the thread.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Well after i muted the tv and looked away so i didnt have to see his ugly mug during cutscene's, it was a pretty good demo once I shut my eyes and pictured the old dante.

But I dont think thats what the devolpers were hoping we would be doing, if capcom really wanted a reboot I think I would of liked anime dante more then this $#@!head, and anime dante does nothing but fail and drink milkshakes.

Overall the demo was smooth and even though I hated the idea of a whip, once I started playing it though added a certain element to the game that was refreshing and made combat more fun.

Thank you itachi

Elite Member
    ...although it does ironically apply to the ones calling him a hipster, lol...

I'm not sure that was the actual definition of "hipster", tho...I may be mistaken...

EDIT: In fact, upon googling "hipster fashion" and related terms, none of the people in the image search look remotely like the new Dante in terms of the way they dress...which makes things all the more confusing...
    Last edited by Suzano-O; 11-26-2012 at 22:15.

PSN ID
    ninjashinigami83
    i did

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    hipster

Punk

Dante

pretty sure Dante falls in the Punk category... not the Hipster category...
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    "Do your homework first."

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    hipster

Punk

Dante

pretty sure Dante falls in the Punk category... not the Hipster category...

I think the new Dante doesn't quite fit in either. He fits in the probably gay / bisexual / metrosexual lane. Basically, ambiguously gay. That's the only way I can describe guys that look and dress like that in real life. They over-compensate some aspects of masculinity (like working out and wearing bad ass boots or some $#@! lol) to help balance how effeminate (like shaping their eyebrows or wearing eyeliner or shirts that showoff a hairless chest with some gay pendant) their overall vibe is.

Pretty much a douche. Needless to say I don't care for this type of character.
    Last edited by GypsyKid; 11-28-2012 at 04:36.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I think douche sums it up.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

15. Likes HellsJester likes this post
    Veteran
    I like where they're going with the game, personally (Dante included)...and I like the old DMC too.

It seems extremely alternative in its approach, but that's what I like about it. I don't think people will give the reboot the chance it deserves until they play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Apprentice
    I played the demo and it wasn't bad. The first thought I had was that it was just a random game developed to talk about nephilim and demons $#@!ing humans and having kids and $#@!, and some effeminate but badass dude that's going to save the world.

It's clearly not a DMC game. They just put the name on there to get this bull$#@! out quicker with some brand name recognition.

They should have just called this Nephilim put it out as a new IP and fill the game with bull$#@! masonic symbols like pyramids, all seeing eyes, and androgyny everywhere and called it a day. It would have made this less confusing to the average gamer, than some BS reboot.
    Last edited by GypsyKid; 11-28-2012 at 05:42.

18. Likes zex494 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKid View Post
    I think the new Dante doesn't quite fit in either. He fits in the probably gay / bisexual / metrosexual lane. Basically, ambiguously gay. That's the only way I can describe guys that look and dress like that in real life. They over-compensate some aspects of masculinity (like working out and wearing bad ass boots or some $#@! lol) to help balance how effeminate (like shaping their eyebrows or wearing eyeliner or shirts that showoff a hairless chest with some gay pendant) their overall vibe is.
    Needless to say I don't care for this type of character.
    lol you described me then... maybe its because i fit that style, (the first part, not the over compensation of masculinity part... i dont think dante fits that either though), that i like the new dante so much, the skinny jeans, the grungy jacket/shirt, the hacked up haircut (my hair is pretty chopped up like that) the overall feel of the character is an anarchy feel (right down to the union jack patch) which is definitely punk.

(im not a huge fan of sex pistols but they are probably the most recognizable for the punk look) Dante looks like he'd fit in right there next to johnny rotten or in the clash

theres no denying that the new Dante is heavily influenced by the punk scene of the early 80's

his attitude though... do you remember dantes attitude in the first 3 games? (its almost exact in terms of $#@!iness) i remember playing the new demo, and when dante started talking i was immediately taken back to scenes with original dante, it just FELT like a DmC game in every form.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

Ultimate Veteran
    i hope this game has a beter save system then DMC4

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    I think the demo was very good. Do you guys recommend me buying the HD remakes of DMC 1-3? And is there a 4th one... Or is this the 4th one?

Master Poster
    I liked it, made me feel at ease about the direction the franchise is taking
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Thread Information