Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items User name style

Anyone else enjoy the DMC demo?

I really enjoy the game, every aspect is awesome

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That was actually not bad. It still maintains the gameplay from the last 4 games. Only thing is the cutscenes need to have encoding, because they look pixelated when they start. Also, the sound could sync up with the dialogue a lot better. I know Capcom is not bright in the sound department, but they could have done the sync sound way better. The way the lips move with the voice-over is really noticeable and inconsistent. Just a minor setback for me.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    So is this a full on revamp/reboot? I haven't played 2 or 3 and might look into getting this
    Last edited by MartyRules; 11-21-2012 at 07:48.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Elite Member
    As I said in the xbox forums, I liked it.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    The combat is fluid , combos are really fun and easy to do plus the camera is perfect. The pacing of fights is great and the boss battle in the demo felt fresh. This game could be called something else and I'd still buy it

Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    So is this a full on revamp/reboot? I haven't played 2 or 3 and might look into getting this
    Reboot of the series

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Gonna have to download the demo and give it a try, wasn't aware a demo was out. Glad to hear good things so far.

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I liked what I played. Looks pretty, combos aren't hard to pull off, the A.I. seems to know when you resort to button-mashing ^_^; and the vibe in the city is cool. I had some trouble controlling Dante in the air & died because of it, but that's probably an issue with me rather than the game. Since I have RE6, Silent Hill Downpour, AC3:L, Rule of Rose, Mass Effect 2, and Walking Dead all in various stages of progress right now, I probably won't get this immediately, but I will get it. I was actually going to get it just to support Ninja Theory anyway (as long as it didn't just suck), but it looks to me like it's going to be well worth the money.

Shut up and play games

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Nope. It's mediocre and I'm tired of stupid western identity crisis developers westernizing japanese games that I like.

I'm in danger of coming across as an emo, but I don't care. $#@! ninja theory and all the stupid developers who tried to westernize silent hill.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Let's see how those people that complained without end about the new DMC actually ENJOY the game after they played it for themselves.

Oh the irony.

I will definitely download it later.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Still need to download. I'm sure I'll like it.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    It's still $#@! Ninja Theory/Capcom

The fighting wasn't bad but I refuse to start a $#@!ing series over when there wasn't a damn thing wrong with it in the first place.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    It's still $#@! Ninja Theory/Capcom

The fighting wasn't bad but I refuse to start a $#@!ing series over when there wasn't a damn thing wrong with it in the first place.
    It's called evolution, buddy.

And I'm pretty sure that while the direction Resident Evil took backfired on them, DMC has a realistic chance of reinventing the series.

13. Likes Suzano-O, sainraja likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    As someone who complained about it, I find myself kind of in the middle. The gameplay was alright, wasnt a fan of some things and I kept annoying myself by hitting square instead of triangle lol(

Still not happy with how they changed one of my beloved franchises so much, so I might buy it used when its around $25.
    Last edited by Fenix; 11-21-2012 at 15:32.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

15. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    It's called evolution, buddy.

And I'm pretty sure that while the direction Resident Evil took backfired on them, DMC has a realistic chance of reinventing the series.
    I don't really care what it's "called", buddy.

It's very obvious that I don't support/like this reboot direction and wanted the jp influenced dmc games to continue. I have no problem with the gameplay so I may pick it up used later. Capcom won't see a dime of my money.

And I wouldn't called RE direction a "backfire" being that it's selling millions regardless of its quality. Capcom is only in it for the money and they couldn't care less about the average reviews and backlash the series is receiving.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

17. Likes Kauldron, Gaddes likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    And I wouldn't called RE direction a "backfire" being that it's selling millions regardless of its quality. Capcom is only in it for the money and they couldn't care less about the average reviews and backlash the series is receiving.
    Yes, they actually do care a lot.

Reason being that average reviews NOW pretty much mean decreasing sales LATER (e.g. with future games) because of a decreasing franchise popularity. This is how a series eventually dies. It's not all about the present but rather the future of the franchise.

And believe me, they know that.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Enjoyed the demo, I just miss the pizza eating Dante rather than the smoking blunt Dante...

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    new dante is too gay to smoke a blunt.

Super Elite
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Just finished the city demo. Mediocre at best. Combat is pretty simplistic with little variety. Enemy AI is all kinds of pathetic. It's hilarious just standing in one spot and waiting for the brain head AI to do something, only to dodge roll and get SSS ranking with zero effort. Voice work is quite weak as Tim Phillips just isn't convincing as Dante (DINO). The constant childish swearing is all eye roll worth. This game would be ok as an original IP, but as DMC game, it falls flat. Oh yeah, and a 30FPS DMC is just a no no.
    Proud FFXI Player, Fenrir server.

Ultimate Veteran
    Let's see how those people that complained without end about the new DMC actually ENJOY the game after they played it for themselves.

Oh the irony.

I will definitely download it later.
    You can enjoy it if you want. Doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    You can enjoy it if you want. Doesn't mean everyone else has to.
    Of course not.

I just think it's funny how people who didn't give the game a chance from the very beginning seem to have made a quiet 180, that's all.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I liked it. Then again it doesn't take much to please me as long as its fun.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Superior Member
    I enjoyed it. Hated the dialogue though, especially the boss fight. I doubt I'll purchase the game, maybe when its a hell of a lot cheaper. But overall, not a bad game to me. Its like the whole thing is one crazy acid trip.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I liked it but not enough to buy it. Bargain bin buy for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Apprentice
    I'm a huge DMC fan (the original four games - my favourite being DMC3, although DMC4 had the best combat with Nero in my opinion, but who am I to judge?), and I just finished the two demo levels. I have to say that the framerate could be better. I expected a SMOOTH 30FPS. There were some hickups. During gameplay, I didn't notice it that much, but during the cutscenes it was very noticable (WTF?!). But I guess this demo is an older build from E3 or Gamescom/PAX.

Please keep in mind that I am a big big DMC fan of the old games!

1.) I love the new setting. The real world and real issues in our society that's totally brainwashed and asleep are adressed in a nice manner and I like the fact that they adapted the concept of posession, demons and a parrallel reality the way they did. Demons disguised as our leaders (politicians, businessmen, media, big pharma, big food, etc. etc. --> the real power isn't the politicians, it's a huge force much higher in the hierarchy --> in the real world it's god knows who, in this game it's demons --> cool!)

2.) I like the art direction and the colour palette this game is using. The graphics are nice. The only thing that could be better (but hey, it's a DEMO - work in progress!) is the framerate. But I'm sure they'll iron it out for the final game.

3.) Combat is smooth and easy to get into, but I guess it'll be hard to master. I don't know if mastering the combat will be harder or easier than previous DMC's, but there's definitely some awesome combos to pull off, even with the standard moveset that you've got in the demo. DMC4 was very tricky in my opinion in terms of advanced combat technics (jump cancelling etc.). This DMC is a little bit more forgiving, but still - it will be more than deep enough, even for veterans.

Yeah, the controls are different. I had to adapt. You now launch with circle instead of R1+left trigger backwards+triangle. It was a little weird at first, but to be honest - the controls feel more modern - whatever this means. DMC4's controls were the same as DMC1's (DMC came out in 2001!). But this is a new game, and I have no problem with the fact that they call it DMC.

4.) I like the angel+demon weapons. I also like the fact that Dante and Vergil are nephilim. That means that they are a crossbreed between angels and demons. But he's still got a human form/side - how is this possible? Maybe angels looks quite similar to humans.

5.) I expected more from the devil trigger. The world turns kinda white and it sounds and looks like a storm appeared, and the enemies float in the air. Dante gets health back and his attacks get stronger. His coat turns bright red and his hair turns white/silver.

6.) The pull-mechanics are a welcome edition to DMC combat. I liked Nero's devil bringer arm in DMC4 because you finally could pull enemies towards you or yourself towards bigger enemies. The same goes for this reboot of DMC.

7.) It was great fun. I'll definitely pick this up in the first two weeks afte release. Maybe I'll preorder it to get Vergil's Downfall for free.

Maybe Capcom will still release a DMC5 and continue both DMC universes (the new one and the old) parallel. But the most likely scenario is that this new DMC will be the first game in a new DMC franchise.

All in all: I am very excited for this game. It's f*cking awesome. I can't wait to experience the story and then play Vergil's Downfall.

But first I have to finish AC3. And then there's Far Cry 3 in December... dude so many games to buy in 2013!
    Last edited by MBS D@v!d; 11-21-2012 at 20:49.

Veteran
    Of course not.

I just think it's funny how people who didn't give the game a chance from the very beginning seem to have made a quiet 180, that's all.
    I'm here and still noisy. Will not be buying it and I'm a huge fan! This is definitely not Devil May Cry combat. They did try but still failed to capture the essence. Also this is absolutely not Dante or LOL Virgil by any means.

It would have been better to name it a new game. R.I.P. DMC

P.S. the reason most fans of DMC are quiet is because they've moved on and don't pay it any attention. Only the biggest fans are trying to salvage a DMC game from it like me.

It also amazes me how a lot of people are saying that it is Devil May Cry just that the combat is easier? This is like bizzaro world! The thing that made Devil May Cry is that the combat was hard and highly complex which rewarded you when you put in the work to learn the system. So reading the above saying is like full retard mode to me. I take it that these people really only played DMC4 and up?
    Last edited by Kauldron; 11-21-2012 at 20:57.

Thread Information