Apprentice

John's Wii u deluxe review

So i got my wii u and i had to pay for it through the nose as it where a whooping 500.00 for a deluxe set so here is my review for the wii u.

Pros:

1. nice color choice finally with the deluxe model no more blinding white console.

2. nice gamepad easy to sync and easy to setup.

3. a nice amount of storage.

Cons:

1. the nintendo's wii u backwards compatibility doesn't work unless you have the console updated via the internet not cool for people that want the console but don't have access to broadband internet.

2. the gamepad controller needs a larger capacity battery because 5 hours might sound ok to you but its more like 4 1/2 hours because the lcd touch screen does eat power.

3. the console didn't need to come loaded with netflix hulu and youtube because honestly if you dont use them you waste space by having them pre installed on the console

4.Need more servers it took way to long to update the console.

Now for my largest complaint.

This comes from the pre orders which made me angry stores need to really talk to one another and keep track of pre orders better this made me almost want to vomit how people reserved there console and didn't get it because the person in front of them reserved the console at one store and would visit 9 stores and purchase 32 consoles to resell on ebay this almost made me sick no one can find a console because of morons like this not cool not cool at all.

The console so far not bad but i really want my tvII service

2. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nice review im looking to get the deluxe set as well. Gamestop f-ed up my pre order so im still waiting on mine but the game stop i go to is hidden and always empty so whenever i do get one i dont expect to be waiting in a line.

Got any pictures sir?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The only bad thing about the black color is the fingerprints that are sooo easy to see on the pad controller. I wish it were a little less convenient for fingerprints lol. The storage option for that one, out of 32GB is 25GB, so it isn't necessarily a bad thing, but more would always be better. Once they get rid of the content locked on a console, the external storage will be a gem and a HUGE plus.

You can delete those apps that were preloaded.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Good review, but yeah I'm personally gonna wait for more games + hopefully a matte console and longer game pad battery life

Via Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Good review, but yeah I'm personally gonna wait for more games + hopefully a matte console and longer game pad battery life

Via Tapatalk
    I'd LOVE to get a white matte one. OMG that'd be NOICE!!!

Apprentice
    yea i ran into that today for the first time i fully charged the gamepad controller and it died in 3 1/2 hours not cool

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    john... change your sig to this code:
    [url=http://us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/profiles/johnodd4][img]http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/johnodd4.png[/img][/url]
    [url=http://www.us.playstation.com/psn/signup]Get your portable ID![/url]

That code will get your ID displayed in your posts properly.. like this:

Get your portable ID!

On topic...
    The battery life, will probably extend to about four hours once the battery has a little "break in" use, but it most likely won't go beyond that.

Apprentice
    Actually you got the wrong signature and i have been trying to correct it here because it is johnodd28 not johnodd4 and the thing wont display still

Apprentice

After a few days with the wii u console another johnodd4 deluxe wii u review

So after spending all of this thanksgiving happy holidays one and all playing my wii u i have some final round ups for the wii u review so here we go.

Storage space: people all over youtube have complained there wii u white basic set doesn't have enough storage the reason for this is the 4.2 gig's that the wii u os uses also you need to notice that none of them noticed the wii u has two os's the wii os and the wii u os in one console thats the reason for the storage space issue and why you should buy the deluxe set for.

Updating: had to run another update both for the console and the netflix and youtube app nintendo really needs to fix there store it took me nearly 40 minutes of getting script errors and other connection errors in order to get into the shop on the wii u also the weirdest thing if you cannot update your console run nintendo land it will download the update in the background while you play give it 3 hours and when you exit nintendo land it will ask you do you want to install update select yes.

System transfer: wii to wii u no problems but if you have dlc for any games rockband samba de amigo just dance 2
    kiss it goodbye because you cannot use it nor transfer it from the wii to the wii u also several channels are disabled in the wii menu and worse theres no wii connect24 service so messages from mario kart channel will no longer go to your console like before

external storage:

ok minus one issue the wii u os uses a external hard drive so spend another 100.00 for a 1 tb plus the wii u doesn't use the sd card slot only the wii portion of the wii u uses that slot because the wii os limits how much memory it can read and write so get a 8 gig stick for this portion of the wii u experience.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Just change the number 4 in the code listed above, and change it to the 28.

Get your portable ID!

Thread Information