Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Member

Cancelled Tv Shows/Programs!!

Dark Angel - cancelled, Las Vegas - cancelled, Heroes - cancelled, Terra Nova - cancelled, Alcatraz - cancelled, CSI Miami cancelled, The River - cancelled, Last Resort - cancelled. WHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

These are just some of the programs that have been cancelled for some time an some of them not so recent! more to come i assume!! which is no BIG surprise when it comes to shows being cancelled all because of them wanting to have more reality Tv programs which in my case is a complete joke for every network which has cancelled shows over silly reality programs, i really liked those above for so long an recent ones im really enjoying now. but cancelling them really does my f**king heading & bugs me just as much as the next person, i really hate TV Networks 100% who cancel good shows.

Vegas S1 coming to Sky Atlantic next year is in the danger zone of being cancelled! i thought it looked like its worth watching & now its in the danger zone ffs.

Blue Bloods, Hawahi five-O, Suits, Walking Dead, Strike Back, Boardwalk Empire. im glad these programs are still running tbh & thank god they not cancelled

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I saw trilers for Alcatraz and it looked crap.
    the others I have no idea about.

This reality crap is far worse though adn whats more alot cheaper which is why its popular with TV executives.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Good shows get canned all the time, most of the time the Tv station complains about the viewer count yet only air a commercial about every once and while, leaving people to not know about it or lose interest

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    It's no surprise that Last Resort is cancelled, because it's on Thursday night - bad time slot, as it's going against "Big Bang Theory" and "X-Factor". Not only that, although an interesting concept, the plot is way to messy and rushed.

As for shows already cancelled that I miss: Heroes, Kings, and vaguely American Gothic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...28TV_series%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_%28U.S._TV_series%29

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

Elite Member
    Talking about bad time slots who gives a darn anyway there are loads of channels an slots to fit them in, no matter whats on the other side why waste a good program cause of something else!! a Digi box called SKY got all these channels an still shows get canncelled cause of a bad time slot or whatever but thats not there fault exacly its the networks fault & company's who pick up these channels need sorting out, if they worried about ratings ect then they not doing there f**king homework are they!!

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I don't know if anyone remembers or watched it but I was gutted when series 2 of Flash Forward got canned, it ended on a right cliff hanger for the 2nd series as well....!!!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Shows come and go. What really upsets me are network who know they will can a show and lack a minimum of respect for their audience by not "closing" the story line.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    I don't know if anyone remembers or watched it but I was gutted when series 2 of Flash Forward got canned, it ended on a right cliff hanger for the 2nd series as well....!!!
    Yh i remember that program very well shame its got Axed like was really looking forward to next season but it didnt happen.

Power Member
    Police Squad (In color) got axed after 6 episodes.
    It was way ahead of its time especially the "cigarette?" offering and the reply

This scene is funny and cleverly written.
    http://youtu.be/6yNUanpk9vg?t=4m58s

10. Likes mynd wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    A few that I miss is DBZ and Thundercats! Those are the main ones! I'm gonna miss house! I loves that series!!! And there are a few more like legend if the seeker, uhm and 2 more that I can't remember the names of

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter / Assassin's Creed 3 / GW2
    Waiting For: CoD: Black Ops 2 / Borderlands 2

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    The Americans don't give anything a chance, if they don't get enough viewers by the 2nd episode it gets axed. This is why I prefer UK TV, quality programing that is given time to grow and they never get cut outright without a proper ending written for it.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    It's more to do with ratings than the over-saturated market of reality TV. If the audience ratings suck, then the show will have to die.

I'm glad this show was cancelled,

LOL

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I miss Terra Nova, that show was getting good! Surprised they cancelled CSI: Miami though, I got bored of it.. but doing a google search that got on average 7+ million viewers per episode. O.o

Dont get why some networks cancel shows when they still get a decent viewer rate, while other networks let shows with under 2.5 million viewer average survive. (Supernatural is a TV show where it gets something like 1.8 - 3 million viewers per episode the last 4 seasons or so, and I think they still got another season or two before it ends

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I enjoyed The River. It didn't bother me too much that it was canned, largely since I knew it was likely to happen, but I liked where they were going with it.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Deadwood
    Dollhouse
    V
    Terminator: TSCC

Thise among many others are shows that were good or certainly on their way to getting there. I blame the suits, who are quick to blame ratings but it's really their stupidity.

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I miss Terra Nova, that show was getting good! Surprised they cancelled CSI: Miami though, I got bored of it.. but doing a google search that got on average 7+ million viewers per episode. O.o

Dont get why some networks cancel shows when they still get a decent viewer rate, while other networks let shows with under 2.5 million viewer average survive. (Supernatural is a TV show where it gets something like 1.8 - 3 million viewers per episode the last 4 seasons or so, and I think they still got another season or two before it ends
    That is a good analysis. I have a guess that the reason Supernatural was able to last for a long time because it's a inexpensive show (they manage to keep up their budget) and a HUGE cult following. Just take a look at Tumblr and you will A LOT of Supernatural posts. However, Terra Nova was a ambitious and very expensive show; being run by big names. Unfortunately, due to the lack of viewership, they are unable to recover their losses and have to cancel

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Fringe is on its fifth and final season right now but I didn't really pay attention to the show after the third season finale, The Day We Died. The show was always in danger of being cancelled though. John Noble's performance through his character, Walter, the relationship with his son and the awesome cliffhangers were what kept me interested.

Fox is notorious for canceling seemingly good shows but, to be fair, you run the risk of alienating your fanbase the longer you keep an original idea running. It's probably because you have so many different writers working on the episodes.
    Last edited by Black; 11-23-2012 at 22:46.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Saw Serenity in a DVD store the other day so I've been thinking of Firefly again recently. Wasn't the best show on TV but I really enjoyed it. I still think that Nathan Fillion should play Nate in an Uncharted movie - perfect look and humour.

I was quite annoyed about the Terminator series being cancelled too. Being a Terminator fan, I really enjoyed it. It seems that pretty much anything with Summer Glau gets cancelled. Poor lass...
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/dieyuppies***/Ellen_YayEllen.jpg[/IMG]

You Tube - Your questions answered...
    @Stone737_ (On Twitter)

Power Member
    I am perplexed as to why "How I met your mother" managed to achieve 8 seasons.

PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    This is something i could go on and on about!

The Biggest Bummers for me:

John From Cincinnati (!!!)
    Better Off Ted
    Freaks and Geeks
    Undeclared
    Firefly
    Community (It's coming soon) (!!!)
    Parks and Recreation (Also coming soon) (!!!)
    Deadwood (!!!)
    The Tick
    Arrested Development (Thank you for bringing it back, Netflix!)
    The Ben Stiller Show
    Futurama (Hooray Comedy Central!)
    The Adventure's of Brisco County, Jr.
    Terriers (!!!)
    Veronica Mars (!!!)
    The Sentinel
    Daily Edition
    Party Down (!!!)

* !!! signifies the shows I am most butthurt about
    All your bacon are belong to me.

PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    As far as the CBS comedies go, you could do much worse. Jason Segel, NPH, and Alyson Hannigan are charming/funny enough to keep people tuning in week in and week out.
    All your bacon are belong to me.

23. Likes Dave-The-Rave wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    It's one of the funniest shows out there, like 9 out 10 people like it and it gets high ratings. I expect many more seasons

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    It's one of the funniest shows out there, like 9 out 10 people like it and it gets high ratings. I expect many more seasons
    I like that show, the whole flash back story style means they can continue it for as long as they want.

Shows I are miss are Dollhouse, My Wife and Kids, Glory Daze, Coupling and Sugar Rush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Rush_%28TV_series%29)

Some of the shows are cancelled due to ratings, others because the story has run it's course. Although for some shows they end whilst they are still good rather than being dragged out.

Credit to THUGGEDOUT for the Sig

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Here's an amazing TV show that got cancelled due to low ratings: Firefly.

27. Likes sainraja wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I liked watching CSI Miami, what sucks is that even though it was on for 10 to 11 seasons, they didn't even give its viewers a series finale. o.O

Thread Information