Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    If there was no evidence for it, then MS wouldn't have a reason to make a standalone xbox device for those purposes. I doubt they are going to release that data though and there isn't much point in somebody else doing a survey about it.

If you can't see the trend based on those articles, I don't know what to tell you.
    The articles are based on usage, not purchases. That's a trend. You can account for a lot of different things that make people use it more for entertainment vs multiplayer gaming. See, the article is talking about MULTIPLAYER gaming, not gaming.

Put more apps, and their are less mp games, which gets used more? Easy.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The articles are based on usage, not purchases. That's a trend. You can account for a lot of different things that make people use it more for entertainment vs multiplayer gaming. See, the article is talking about MULTIPLAYER gaming, not gaming.

Put more apps, and their are less mp games, which gets used more? Easy.
    Pretty sue MP gaming is just geing used as a general term.

MS can keep track of gaming done any xbl connected 360.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Look at the media that people use it for the most though. You don't need Xbox Live to use those features. Sorry, it's just true.
    you don't *need* apple tv either, but it exists and is popular. by your logic, it shouldn't exist because you can get the content elsewhere.

matrix is right, this is just a barebones system to rival that sort of set top box. it really isn't another next gen sku
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    you don't *need* apple tv either, but it exists and is popular. by your logic, it shouldn't exist because you can get the content elsewhere.

matrix is right, this is just a barebones system to rival that sort of set top box. it really isn't another next gen sku
    Completely different.... the "stats" here are deceiving others into believing that people are buying a 360 to watch tv on it primarily. The only thing that data shows is that there is more media playback vs MP gaming.

Supreme Veteran
    That's interesting, but not interesting. I just want my super powerful new Xbox with super awesome games.
    Yes, just give me Alan Wake 2 @ launch.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    Yes, just give me Alan Wake 2 @ launch.
    Oh GOD that'd be a great day for sure!!

Soldier 95B
    The problem will exist for those who chose the option. The costs will be passed on beyond just those products.
    No problem on my end if I choose a TV with a built in Xbox. No problem on your end either. If they released a Samsung 55 inch LED Model 33X, which is one that has a built in Xbox extender, I would buy that model. You still have hundreds if not thousands of other TV choices. Pretty simple really. They already have TV's with built in Google TV, and built in Netflix, as well as other Smart apps. Those TV's have not affected anything on my end.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    No problem on my end if I choose a TV with a built in Xbox. No problem on your end either. If they released a Samsung 55 inch LED Model 33X, which is one that has a built in Xbox extender, I would buy that model. You still have hundreds if not thousands of other TV choices. Pretty simple really. They already have TV's with built in Google TV, and built in Netflix, as well as other Smart apps. Those TV's have not affected anything on my end.
    It's always "not a problem" until it is lol. RROD wasn't a problem for me... until it showed its ugly face in my house. Then it was a problem. If Microsoft were to release just an APP on a TV, I'm ok with that. Smart Apps? lol. Nice marketing on their part.

Soldier 95B
    It's always "not a problem" until it is lol. RROD wasn't a problem for me... until it showed its ugly face in my house. Then it was a problem. If Microsoft were to release just an APP on a TV, I'm ok with that. Smart Apps? lol. Nice marketing on their part.
    If my built in Xbox on my TV broke, I have no problem getting it fixed...warranty or not. I have built in DVD players on 2 of my flat panels at home. If they broke, I would have no problem getting them fixed.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    If my built in Xbox on my TV broke, I have no problem getting it fixed...warranty or not. I have built in DVD players on 2 of my flat panels at home. If they broke, I would have no problem getting them fixed.
    Good luck.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Completely different.... the "stats" here are deceiving others into believing that people are buying a 360 to watch tv on it primarily. The only thing that data shows is that there is more media playback vs MP gaming.
    i'm not talking about the stats though - they don't really matter because there is already solid evidence that there is a market for this sort of device, regardless of whether or not you can achieve everything it offers on other platforms. apple tv proves this with real world sales, there isn't much of a need to muddy the waters and try to work out what percentage of the 360 userbase favours media over games.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    i'm not talking about the stats though - they don't really matter because there is already solid evidence that there is a market for this sort of device, regardless of whether or not you can achieve everything it offers on other platforms. apple tv proves this with real world sales, there isn't much of a need to muddy the waters and try to work out what percentage of the 360 userbase favours media over games.
    If someone uses stats to backup their stance on something, then we'll talk about 'em. If you didn't use those articles to support your point, then my post you quoted wasn't for you.

What evidence that there is a market for this sort of device? Please don't use Apple TV because it isn't the same as what this would be.

Ultimate Veteran
    if this happened MS would hand back frist place to sony. IGN has gone down the tubes

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    If someone uses stats to backup their stance on something, then we'll talk about 'em. If you didn't use those articles to support your point, then my post you quoted wasn't for you.

What evidence that there is a market for this sort of device? Please don't use Apple TV because it isn't the same as what this would be.
    i don't think i actually quote anything to do with those articles to be fair. i was just pointing out that the 'you can get the content elsewhere' defense doesn't really make much sense, as the same arguement can be made with apple tv. that is all

and as for apple's offering being geared towards a different market - i doubt it. in fact with the direction that LIVE has been heading in, i can see the product being aimed at exactly the same audience. i'd be interested to know what you think will distinguish the two products so greatly. obviously noone knows exactly what the 'xbox' will feature, but films, music and xbla games are pretty much guaranteed. i don't personally see the glaring difference between a box providing this content, and apple tv, but maybe you know more than me!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    We'll see how tru this is...hopefully by e3

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    We'll see how tru this is...hopefully by e3
    well, a 'cut down' xbox has been rumoured a few times so far, so i wouldn't be surprised

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I would easily buy both. However, I wish they would find a way to have them built inside of some TV's as an option. I am trying to eliminate set tops whenever possible. I like a clean setup.
    get a wall mounted entertainment center. I have one and you can hide the cords in the beams against the wall, very clean looking imo.

it's similar to this but mine is a bit wider so I can fit two systems on one shelf and two more on the 2nd shelf.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 11-27-2012 at 17:32.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Could it just be a rebadged dvd less 360?
    Cause thats what this 2nd console sounds like. This is i assume the famous loop set top box we heard about.

If this thing came out at $99 played most xbla games i could see it being a sucess. Not aimed at me though
    Last edited by mynd; 11-27-2012 at 20:49.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    get a wall mounted entertainment center. I have one and you can hide the cords in the beams against the wall, very clean looking imo.

it's similar to this but mine is a bit wider so I can fit two systems on one shelf and two more on the 2nd shelf.
    Thanks doggy. While indeed a nice option, my desire is to have nothing showing at all with the TV mounted on the wall, in all the rooms in my house.

Thread Information