Latest PSU headlines:

Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Change is a pain and a headache ( We expect problems ) So????

Ok I am one off many to voice pain about the change of things on the forum.... Yes the like button went and came back and went and came back

The rep went and came back and went and came back. The display under are username when we post has changed over time

With are bank balance being displayed, and what we have in are digital hand. Are entire look at the forum has changed to being pissed of over everything has happened.

But every years or months or weeks things always changes on the forum. The lay out has changed at the top, with navigation disappearing and it makes it a pain to stay in one section without going back to the main forum

But it will get fixed... Again I made my voice heard over the double posting and navigation problem. But they will get fixed

I appreciate that we all have problems with the forum and how it has made are experiences a pain since the changes... But I have been here since 2009 and went through enough changes on the forum, to just accept it's going to be a bloody pain and I accept it.

So I am just going to just ride it out and wait for it all to iron itself out over time..

Lets just go with the things are

Because most have been here longer than me and have went through this over and over again. It makes no difference if you complain now, because you complained then and it all got sorted.

I am not saying do not voice your suggestions about the forum. Just do it in one thread and not spread over the place so people get lost in finding the thing they are complaining about...

Do we have a thread already..
    Last edited by claud3; 11-24-2012 at 16:11.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    People cried about nothing changing around here. Changes start happening and it brought some kinks that need to be worked out. Now people complain about the changes not working properly....

The staff is aware of all the issues because we also are running in to these. Hopefully everything will be worked out soon.

I have also reported some of my issues.
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-24-2012 at 16:58.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    I'm fine with the forums because I'm personally on taptalk all the and barely on my computer, although the navigation was a little tricky for me when I went and got on my computer the other night. Other than that, it's just problems that need to be sorted out and fixed.

And over time it will be fixed as those problems are found, it's not easy running a forum for a ton of members. And getting the changes set up properly in less than a day!

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter / Assassin's Creed 3 / GW2
    Waiting For: CoD: Black Ops 2 / Borderlands 2

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    No matter what just make sure your body is ready! Lmao

Its gonna better a lot better we'll get thru this and down the line it will make the forum better function wise we just asked for your patience while all issues are being worked out and staff is fully aware of what's going on.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Ok I am one off many to voice pain about the change of things on the forum.... Yes the like button went and came back and went and came back

The rep went and came back and went and came back. The display under are username when we post has changed over time

With are bank balance being displayed, and what we have in are digital hand. Are entire look at the forum has changed to being pissed of over everything has happened.

But every years or months or weeks things always changes on the forum. The lay out has changed at the top, with navigation disappearing and it makes it a pain to stay in one section without going back to the main forum

But it will get fixed... Again I made my voice heard over the double posting and navigation problem. But they will get fixed

I appreciate that we all have problems with the forum and how it has made are experiences a pain since the changes... But I have been here since 2009 and went through enough changes on the forum, to just accept it's going to be a bloody pain and I accept it.

So I am just going to just ride it out and wait for it all to iron itself out over time..

Lets just go with the things are

Because most have been here longer than me and have went through this over and over again. It makes no difference if you complain now, because you complained then and it all got sorted.

I am not saying do not voice your suggestions about the forum. Just do it in one thread and not spread over the place so people get lost in finding the thing they are complaining about...

Do we have a thread already..
    THere are a few threads that are going over certain issues, and "settings" that need to be dealt with. I don't understand the point of this thread though. The point of the feedback section, and the threads related to the "upgrade" are used to being out the issues so they can be fixed. Sometimes, well... most of the time, things that need attention have to be talked about constantly, or those issues just stick around for a year or more.

6. Likes Lethal wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

look f34r. I get what you are saying... I just thought that since this is not the first and not the last change the site would go through

its just right now is just accept the fact problems will always come with the reformation of the forum

I am not say stop complaining... That is what the suggestion and feedback is for... But a one stop shop for all forum problems, instead of one stop to many threads

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Its better to have a thread for each type of problem so they are easier to sort through; instead of having a single thread that they have to continuously go through to see if there other problems that are buried in that thread.

If someone is having a problem that they don't see being discussed or addressed already, by all means, make a thread and detail what the problem is. If someone has posted a thread about the Like button stopped showing up after six uses, by all means, detail in that thread your experience. It could be different, or just confirm that your problem is the same as the others in the thread, etc. ... and so on.

Supreme Veteran

ok my bad... I was just stating that this thread is just to point out that complaining about the same problems as before is repeating yourself

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    ok my bad... I was just stating that this thread is just to point out that complaining about the same problems as before is repeating yourself
    Yeah, having more members, and more discussion on issues, especially from updating, is more helpful than not doing it at all. It'll help the admin/site techs narrow down the problems to being member specific or actual forum issues. That's why a lot of us do these things on several browsers, etc.

Supreme Veteran

ok i get it now man

i was just throwing this out there that's all.... I am not expert on the inn's and out's of this forum... But a voice that wants to be heard on a entirely different thing

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    People cried about nothing changing around here. Changes start happening and it brought some kinks that need to be worked out. Now people complain about the changes not working properly....

The staff is aware of all the issues because we also are running in to these. Hopefully everything will be worked out soon.

I have also reported some of my issues.
    well, I can give quite a few examples of why not to change anything even when only a few people in the forums complain. This is no different then video games. one example: People will complain about nothing changing in video games but once those changes happen those same people are the first to leave/not buy/etcetc.

there was really no reason for PSU to change it's forum layout or anything within the forums since the user count didn't really drop. After the changes took effect, that is when people started leaving. well, the count was at least more compared to now when I first joined and while we got more people, the changes started happing for really no reason. lol
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 11-25-2012 at 21:31.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Truly, the most important feature that exists on this website is still very much in tact: the ability to post. I definitely believe that a lot of people falsely attribute the site's lack of activity (in comparison to in the past) to technical issues, not the more obvious fact that there isn't an abundance of things to discuss. To reinforce what has been said numerous times, the release of the PlayStation 4 will undoubtedly stimulate activity. If the release of the PS4 doesn't generate that activity, then we know there is a legitimate problem at hand.

What I think this site needs is a hint of patience, and a deadline. We need patience because there are a hell of a lot of things that need to be done, and as we all know the site's management isn't always arranged in a way to allow for comprehensive changes (i.e. the fact that Bishop has been / was MIA for awhile, same with Seb). We need a deadline, though, because we want to ensure that the site is at its peak when the next console rolls around in a year or so. Technical issues surely do turn a lot of users off, and we don't want to head into the new release of the new console with a load of bugs to worry about.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think it's feasible to say that all of the site's issues could be dealt with in six months if everyone who has control over the situation puts in the time. The people in charge of putting money into this place and approving new features, etc. might not be around enough, but surely it'll be possible to get ahold of him in six months. In six months, the issues that have plagued the site for the past couple of years could be troubles of the past, and we could ride into the release of the PlayStation 4 better than ever.

So while the technical issues we're having aren't a deal-breaker, we definitely need to establish a deadline and ensure that it is met. Without a deadline, we will consistently face the issues we do today and will start the next generation of gaming not much better off than we now are.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Your use of the word are annoys me.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Supreme Veteran

Lmao... Mate I agree his words are really oddly put together and he needs professional help, I will speak to him when I get a chance

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    We ever gonna know what all the changes were?

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I don't see what was improved...We lost the forum trees and there is a new bar up top...
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Supreme Veteran

I guess all will fall into place soon enough, how soon is the question

They are most likely still figuring out the lay out
    Last edited by claud3; 11-29-2012 at 14:07.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    well, I can give quite a few examples of why not to change anything even when only a few people in the forums complain. This is no different then video games. one example: People will complain about nothing changing in video games but once those changes happen those same people are the first to leave/not buy/etcetc.

there was really no reason for PSU to change it's forum layout or anything within the forums since the user count didn't really drop. After the changes took effect, that is when people started leaving. well, the count was at least more compared to now when I first joined and while we got more people, the changes started happing for really no reason. lol
    You really can not compare a video game with a forum. If the forum never changes then it never would have been what it was and what it will be. You never know what you are going to get unless you try some changes. Nobody said they changes were permanent.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    There's no notifications too so you don't know if you got PM'd, VM'd etc. or not.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    There's no notifications too so you don't know if you got PM'd, VM'd etc. or not.
    Yes there is. PM me and I will take a snapshot to show you.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I don't see what was improved...We lost the forum trees and there is a new bar up top...

This seems to be a pervasive problem here. Just because updates aren't always about adding things, but rather bringing things current, people think that nothing happens. Or some think the site guys sit around and wonder how they can break the forum. What took place was a ton of security patches, all add-ons were updated to current versions, and a couple of minor bug fixes. Problem is, we tested it all out on the dev site, all was well. Make it live here, things broke. It happens. Hate to say it, but having worked tech support for a number of years, I know first hand that you cannot 100% predict a deployment is going to go as tested.

We move on from here. Making a ton of threads about stuff we KNOW is broken will not make it go faster. Best thing to do is use the feedback tab to the right, make your complaint there. I know a lot of you disable it, but that feedback tab literally generates a new report that goes straight to our tracking software, an email is sent to the people on the mailing list which means they are made aware. Now, this again doesn't make it go faster so to speak, because they deal with things as time and need permit. If someone posts something like the front page ads are dominating the screen, and another says I can't make a post because the text editor is down, well then the ads are going to wait. Things get prioritized. As I see things get posted in forums, I check to see if they have been submitted already, if not, I will make a tracking log about it. Really though, it is best (and more accurate) for a person who spots the problem to report the problem.

So, after all the stuff was updated, about the only things as members you SHOULD notice as different... we are working with some new items that will be made available in the shop. Won't spoil it all, but one of them is the ability for a member to upload a smilie of their choice rather than wait for an upload. There are other things we are checking into that are now part of the shop, so keep your eyes peeled.

What you will see happening in the next few weeks is this:

The shop is going to be reorganized a little. There is a stupid limitation right now on the number of items we can have. We are trying to work around it, or whatever it takes to get this where we want it.
    The shop will be getting some new items, new abilities.
    We are rapidly rolling out the user review section (thanks to Ghost). There will some nice perks offered to people who write reviews. One, for instance, 500sp for each review posted. New usergroups for people who contribute along with other perks are coming.
    We are still checking into the Forum RPG to be installed. We are in an effort to get this prior to the holidays.

Now, the critics of our site out there will say "fix the tech issues before this crap"... well, all I can say is it is out of my hands. So, what I CAN do for the community is keep pushing forward the bug fixes but at the same time work on stuff I CAN affect. I am not going to stop trying to better the site waiting on site programmers to complete the bug list. So rather than even deal with it, forum admin and I are just going forward with more community building stuff and leaving the behind the scenes technical work to the people paid to do so.

23. Likes Ixion wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    BTW, closing the thread for the reasons stated in my post. Leaving it open for another complaint thread that we have been over and over, just isn't needed.

Anyone have any questions about the updates or what is coming, please PM me!

Thread Information