Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    The Wii U IS SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE! Stole this picture from another forum, someone took it in NYC Toys R Us.
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    lol So much for the not enough stock to meet demand theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    All those are spoken for they are SOLD OUT!! LMAO
    No offense but.. when was that picture taken?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I went to gamestop for my lunch break i was bored they have some in stock so if someone was looking they would be able to get one but once thing thats a fact Wii U needs more content exclusive to Wii U

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    All this system needs is a killer Zelda, and I am SOLD instantly.

8 years and counting!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Been some rumors in the past 2 or 3 days we should be hearing something at e3 in regards to a new Zelda and 3d mario game for Wii U I just want to know what Retro Studios is working on?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Being that MS and Sony (in my opinion) WILL showcase the 720 and PS4 it will be up to Nintendo to showcase something HUGE to try and even be vaguely remembered at E3. Zelda is the primary ticket in order for them to do just that.

8 years and counting!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Being that MS and Sony (in my opinion) WILL showcase the 720 and PS4 it will be up to Nintendo to showcase something HUGE to try and even be vaguely remembered at E3. Zelda is the primary ticket in order for them to do just that.
    Thats what im hoping they do....we'll see E3 will be HUGE this year

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I went to gamestop for my lunch break i was bored they have some in stock so if someone was looking they would be able to get one but once thing thats a fact Wii U needs more content exclusive to Wii U
    There's two in my local wal mart. The two closest Gamestop stores for me are both sold out. They have a few pre-order systems that haven't been picked up yet.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    No offense but.. when was that picture taken?
    It must have been recently.I could ask but it's probably today or yesterday.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    It must have been recently.I could ask but it's probably today or yesterday.
    Why "must have been recently"? Definitely ask. Heck, link to the thread, or the post.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Why "must have been recently"? Definitely ask. Heck, link to the thread, or the post.
    Yesterday

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...1#post10240320

11. Likes F34R likes this post
    Ancient
    Dam, I thought it was just my area
    I'm yet to see what its like in the city center but judging by the sales it looks predictable.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Dam, I thought it was just my area
    I'm yet to see what its like in the city center but judging by the sales it looks predictable.

Sent via Codec
    I think it's safe to say that sales are not what Nintendo was hopping for. This may be turning into another 3DS (or Vita) launch where all the core Nintendo gamers go buy it right away then the stuff sits there. After the holiday's it's going to be BAD for Nintendo if they can't push sales somehow.

The name is a mistake, many people don't know what it is. It's confusing. If you were the average person going to buy a game console and the game console said one of the following names, what would you assume of it?
    "Microsoft Xbox 360 U" or "Sony Playstation 3 U"
    The naming convention is stupid. No one besides us who spend time reading about this stuff know what it is without being told by the TV or by people like us. They should have named it the "Super Wii". Everyone knows what it means when you put "Super" in front of your Nintendo console name. Look at this ad:
    http://wiiudaily.com/2012/11/japanes...ole-super-wii/

Next, I believe jumping on the tablet "me too" bandwagon is a mistake. A lot of people simply aren't interested in a tablet that looks like a giant controller with all those buttons. In addition, there's only so much you can do with asymmetric gameplay. That tablet is going to mostly be used for single player stuff.

The price is too high. I realize that Nintendo is taking a loss on the console but come on, this thing is simply too expensive. We all know that the tablet is more than 1/2 the cost. It's a shame that they didn't work out a deal with Apple to just use the iPad and iPad Mini with it. Then they could have sold the console without a tablet for what, $100 - $150? They could have had a bundle that included an iPad Mini for an extra $330 making the total with an iPad Mini maybe $450. You would get the game console and a tablet at less than the price of many tablets on the market AND YOU'D ACTUALLY HAVE A REAL TABLET that you can take with you and do stuff.

I don't know if Apple would have gone for that but it seems like Nintendo could have convinced them since they would essentially just be building an App for the iPad and since MS is already working on tablet connectivity it might have made sense. If they could price a bundle with an iPad Mini at $450 or so, TONS of parents would have purchased the Wii U/iPad Mini bundle. People buy the thing by itself, what's an extra hundred bucks to get the newest game console? Also, we know that many games will just use the WiiMotes so you probably won't even need the tablet for most of the games.

Okay I admit working with Apple is way too pie in the sky for me to have devoted so much effort into analyzing. I just wish Nintendo had a functional tablet instead of what amounts to the the bottom half of a Nintendo DS (TV being the top obviously).

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    It hasn't even been a month too early to jump to conclusions hell its been what 2 weeks now?

We'll see how "well" it really sells come the new year.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite

It hasn't even been a month too early to jump to conclusions hell its been what 2 weeks now?

We'll see how "well" it really sells come the new year.
    lol I told my wife it's not selling well and she told me she doesn't like the tablet idea, it's stupid because all the kids will want to be the one using that controller, they'll fight over it, and eventually break it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Is the wii U any good
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Welcome to PSU.com friend
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 12-04-2012 at 14:37.
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by SHAZZMAZZ View Post
    Is the wii U any good
    Isn't that a subjective type of question?

I've not played it but will definitely be buying it to replace my Wii down the road. I mean why not, it plays Wii games + newer stuff and I can transfer over my downloaded games to it. That said, I'm in absolutely no rush. Why should I be? It barely has any games and what it has either is of no interest to me or is something I can get on another console (I have all three current gen consoles). So in the meantime, I'll just wait for the inevitable price drop next year to compete with the other consoles that come out plus there will probably be a much better bundle. I'll probably get it holiday 2013 if it's come down $50 or so and has a bundle with maybe Nintendo Land + one other game. Otherwise I'll wait until whatever special deals they're giving with holiday bundles in 2014.

I know this sounds nuts to some people - already planning on waiting for up to two years - but why would I rush out and buy this when all I'm going to play on it for the foreseeable future are a bunch of Wii games? Another thing, I've been reading complaints that the tablet drains the battery too fast (within 2 hours in some cases) and I've read that the battery doesn't even take up the whole compartment. That tells me that they're going to try to sell you an extended life battery for an exorbitant price. To that, I say, NO THANKS! It'll be in the new bundles in a year or two. I'm not paying extra for a battery that should have been there all along.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 12-04-2012 at 02:38.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Is ANYONE buying the regular white version? Seems like such a waste of an SKU. Everyone I know that bought one got the Deluxe.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Agreed. Checked the exif data tagged on the pic. Was taken with an iPhone 4s at 11:49am 12/2/12. That's pretty absurd at the amount of systems they have lol.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Is ANYONE buying the regular white version? Seems like such a waste of an SKU. Everyone I know that bought one got the Deluxe.
    God I hope no ones buying the basic.

Edit: To expand, why would someone spend $300 for the console? Sure it saves them $50 but they have NO GAME. So obviously you want your console to do something so you then...buy a $60 game? Why wouldn't you just buy the one with the game in it for $50 more than quadruple the on board storage space plus get the other stuff that comes with it (cradle, shop discount, etc)? No one should buy the basic. Ever.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 12-04-2012 at 03:28.

Ancient
    Is the wii U any good
    I can't really answer that, Theres one in the house but other then Nland and loading screens its hard to judge, and I get what you mean TG, it is like the bottom of a DS lol
    Kinda disappointed with the material used, was expecting the Wii U to be gloss black like the PS3 & PSvita, but its like a cheap gloss PVC

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I can't really answer that, Theres one in the house but other then Nland and loading screens its hard to judge, and I get what you mean TG, it is like the bottom of a DS lol
    Kinda disappointed with the material used, was expecting the Wii U to be gloss black like the PS3 & PSvita, but its like a cheap gloss PVC

Sent via Codec
    Did u get one?

I love mine got the deluxe model it was a better deal came with the a game charging cradle for the gamepad, stand for the console, and 32gb. Ill be doing a review soon my gf is play nsmbU I'm watching the giants game.

At the moment best party console ever Nintendo land with 5 players its an whole other level of fun even playing nsmbu with 5 players is madness.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Did u get one?

I love mine got the deluxe model it was a better deal came with the a game charging cradle for the gamepad, stand for the console, and 32gb. Ill be doing a review soon my gf is play nsmbU I'm watching the giants game.

At the moment best party console ever Nintendo land with 5 players its an whole other level of fun even playing nsmbu with 5 players is madness.
    As long as I keep the other issues out, this is about the same post I'd make lol.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Is the wii U any good
    It's all about tastes. Personally, I love it! I have NSMBU and ZombiU. This is the best NSMB game and there is no debate about it. It rivals the better Mario games out there in my opinion. The two biggest gripes to me are 1) there is some reused music, and 2) you lose adult Yoshi at the end of stages. But it's a great entry! And ZombiU is awesome! I'm not very far in but I'm loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    I got the basic. I can wait for Nintendoland. That's what the $50 basically boiled down to for me. I already have a16 gb sd card and I don't download all that much, so the redemption thing didn't appeal to me. And I didn't care about the extra accessories
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    It's all about tastes. Personally, I love it! I have NSMBU and ZombiU. This is the best NSMB game and there is no debate about it. It rivals the better Mario games out there in my opinion. The two biggest gripes to me are 1) there is some reused music, and 2) you lose adult Yoshi at the end of stages. But it's a great entry! And ZombiU is awesome! I'm not very far in but I'm loving it!

I got the basic. I can wait for Nintendoland. That's what the $50 basically boiled down to for me. I already have a16 gb sd card and I don't download all that much, so the redemption thing didn't appeal to me. And I didn't care about the extra accessories
    You bought the equivalent to the Xbox Arcade unit. In surprised you don't want the space. You can run games off the SD card right? Or are you going to spend even more and hook up an external HDD?

Thread Information