Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    You bought the equivalent to the Xbox Arcade unit. In surprised you don't want the space. You can run games off the SD card right? Or are you going to spend even more and hook up an external HDD?
    Yeah you can. No hard drive for me. Like I said, I buy all my games retail. I usually only buy a handful of DL-only games, so it works out for me.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    For the Wii U im planning on buying all my games retail. Im just now starting to use the 320gb on my ps3 with the PS+ trail im trying out.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Yeah you can. No hard drive for me. Like I said, I buy all my games retail. I usually only buy a handful of DL-only games, so it works out for me.
    I know with the original Wii you couldn't run games off the SD card. You have to move them to the on console storage.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Games will not run off the sd card on the wii u.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    I know with the original Wii you couldn't run games off the SD card. You have to move them to the on console storage.
    Originally you couldn't. After a few years the finally made an update where you could.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Games will not run off the sd card on the wii u.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk
    Are you sure? After the bull$#@! with the Wii, they finally allowed it, and they allowed it with the 3DS. I just assumed it would work on this. Got a link verifying it?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Originally you couldn't. After a few years the finally made an update where you could.

Are you sure? After the bull$#@! with the Wii, they finally allowed it, and they allowed it with the 3DS. I just assumed it would work on this. Got a link verifying it?
    Source: www.WiiUSDCardNoWorkRay.com

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

7. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

9. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Lol @ D
    Damn so SDs just like that don't work? Man! For the amazing $#@! they do and create, they are f'ing stupid sometimes! Fortunately for me, something like this is considered minor for me since, as I said earlier, I don't really download all that much

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Thats probably the most stupid thing I've heard this year
    Good to know you can slap a external HDD on that thing though

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    With 32GB being the largest size, people concerned about hard drive space will likely be replacing it. And if you arent into Nintendo land, the white version is perfect.

13. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yeah, i like the look and less finger prints of the white... like the space of the black.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Im the type of person i use hand sanitizer i dont have a "finger print" problem with my black wii U unless other people touch it LMAO but i clean my entertainment center every week

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    With 32GB being the largest size, people concerned about hard drive space will likely be replacing it. And if you arent into Nintendo land, the white version is perfect.
    Exactly. You're gonna know if you need an external hard drive before you even think about which to purchase. It basically comes down to paying the extra $50 for Nintendoland, the DL redemption thing, and some extra accessories. I'm sure I'm going to have fun with Nintendoland when I eventually get it, but I'm in no rush. It's just me and my wife, so I know that while, we can definitely enjoy it, a lot of the fun of those types of games is having a 4-5 players.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Wii U is updating says I got about 45 mins left I have the fastest available internet but its running off wires so its only 36mbps I think that's the correct abbreviation lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    but i clean my entertainment center every week
    First time Ive heard it called that.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    First time Ive heard it called that.
    The term "entertainment center?" Lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite

This thing is going to be out for (presumably) years. How can you make an assertion that you don't need the space?

For example the PS3 can download Ultraviolet copies of movies via the VUDU app so you don't have to stream them. I've done that with a bunch of stuff that I haven't gotten around to watching. When I watch it, I'll delete it.

Another example, if you register your Nintendo products through "Club Nintendo" then you should know that they've been giving out games as rewards for almost a year now. I've got 7 games downloaded onto my Wii and I haven't paid for (or gotten around to playing) any of them. This is the one they're giving out for now. I think they'll change it in a couple of days. I didn't take this one because it looks kind of bad. https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/32006.do

Example three, how do we know that they won't patch in an install game feature like the 360 did? Or maybe just allow devs to put part of a game onto the console to speed up loading like the PS3 does?

My point is, you can't predict what's going to happen in the next half decade but 8GB is not very much space.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    The term "entertainment center?" Lol
    Yeah, epic, I might start calling my junk that. LOL.

22. Likes F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    This thing is going to be out for (presumably) years. How can you make an assertion that you don't need the space?

For example the PS3 can download Ultraviolet copies of movies via the VUDU app so you don't have to stream them. I've done that with a bunch of stuff that I haven't gotten around to watching. When I watch it, I'll delete it.

Another example, if you register your Nintendo products through "Club Nintendo" then you should know that they've been giving out games as rewards for almost a year now. I've got 7 games downloaded onto my Wii and I haven't paid for (or gotten around to playing) any of them. This is the one they're giving out for now. I think they'll change it in a couple of days. I didn't take this one because it looks kind of bad. https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/32006.do

Example three, how do we know that they won't patch in an install game feature like the 360 did? Or maybe just allow devs to put part of a game onto the console to speed up loading like the PS3 does?

My point is, you can't predict what's going to happen in the next half decade but 8GB is not very much space.
    Also considering that you barely get 4.5GB to actually use.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84

Then I'll worry about it when that time comes. That's a problem for future Ray

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

Fack future ray present ray is priority lmao

I will say the Wii U is def quieter than my ps3 lol
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 12-06-2012 at 17:09.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite

Then I'll worry about it when that time comes. That's a problem for future Ray
    SIR, On this forum we call it by it's REAL name! Ultraviolet Ray! That will be quickly followed up by X-Ray Ray!

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    You said the console was in trouble, and I'm debating the reasoning you said that. Anyways... let's just leave it at that. Wanna discuss trolling or whatever, just PM me, or just report it. Let's not derail the thread. Continue with the discussion and I'll be happy to reply.
    Now with hindsight being 20/20 are you FINALLY willing to admit I was right? This is basically the ultimate example of "I'll bookmark this and show you I was right next year" kind of thread because holy $#@! was I right. Now admit it!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Now with hindsight being 20/20 are you FINALLY willing to admit I was right? This is basically the ultimate example of "I'll bookmark this and show you I was right next year" kind of thread because holy $#@! was I right. Now admit it!
    So... you were right about what? The only discussion I had with you was that someone was or wasn't making a profit off of ebaying the Wii U. Can you quote something other than that?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Nintendo are failing massively.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information