Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Japanese developers, is that it?

I've been reading about a new game coming to the Vita, titled Photokano Kiss which, from the impression I got, has you taking pictures of Japanese schoolgirls. If the PSP trailer is any indication of the Vita version, you'll also be taking pictures of them without any clothes on. I have to ask, is that it?

Should we look forward to the Vita being a dumping ground for tacky and/or obscure Japanese titles and Monster Hunter clones? Where are the open world JPRGs? How ironic is it that the best game on the Vita is an enhanced remake of a PlayStation 2 title, dubbed Persona 4: The Golden?

Would it be a stretch to think that the Vita being under-utilized is one of the reasons the platform is being dominated by the Nintendo 3DS?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-26-2012 at 22:13.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Unfortunately, the Vita is set to suffer the same fate of the PSP - if not worse.

At this point, only a Monster Hunter would be able to turn things around, in Japan at least.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    I don't see a future where the vita is doing very well. Glad I didn't bother to pick one up.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 970 GTX | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    I don't see a future where the vita is doing very well. Glad I didn't bother to pick one up.
    The sad thing is that it's a wonderful piece of technology, but it isn't getting the support to allow it to compete. The portable market is run by cell phones and tablets these days for better or worse.

I too did not get a Vita (parents got me an iPad 2 last Christmas... which is awesome for me because I love to paint on it and it has some decent games).

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Uncharted, AC Liberation, Super Star Dust, Fifa, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Need for Speed Most wanted, Unit 13, Metal Gear Solid HD currently suit all my on the go gaming needs. I just hope Killzone is on the money to fill the FPS gap.

A spin off of GTA V would be nice too or something similar to liberty city/Vice city stories.

IMO I think the Vitas had quite a decent line up so far and now PS+ is included if you're a subscriber things can only get better.

Was also nice to revisit the Resi series too once psone support finally got sorted, forgot how damn good they were and still look decent on the small screen.

I've never really been into or followed JRPG's so that might be why I'm not fussed with the likes of Persona etc.

There's been some very good competitively priced bundles showing up recently too which will certainly appeal to more people.
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 11-27-2012 at 00:54.

Selected Members Council
    Also, I'm not saying Persona 4: The Golden is a bad game. It's just that I've already played the original on the PS2. I think it'd be better if Atlus actually worked on a sequel or fresh, new IP for the platform.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-27-2012 at 01:32.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    It's sad really that the Japanese game developers are not showing anything worth looking into for the Vita so far it has been a year since it came out and i have not seen anything worth mentioning at all so far!!

I hope this will change soon.

I'm also still waiting for FFX to come out i can't wait to play it again and again!! It will probably take my life away lol!

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    It's tacky outside of Japan, the VITA honestly should've never have been released outside of Japan anyway because the market has been taken over by tablets

It's a niche market, games like Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus may seem out of context for a game outside of Japan but it's going to flourish there.

The human body isn't a huge deal there like it is in other countries, OMG A BOOB SON YOU'VE BEEN TAINTED!

You guys also need to remember that the market there isn't the same as it is here, they don't get huge budgets to make their games so if they have a seller whether it be taking pictures of girls or whatnot and it sells tons of copies, that's what they're going to be making.

They don't have companies like Activision and Blizzard who sell 6.5 million units of a game in one day
    Last edited by Shin Asura; 11-27-2012 at 08:42.

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Localize Jrpg's are still good lol.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I've only used my vita for web browsing and watching youtube I have not played a game on it on what seems like forever lol. Waiting on that awesome jrpg to come ut or something...

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    ragnarok odyssey is pretty bad ass... aslo just got gravity rush and assassins creed liberation... both are pretty damn awesome.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    The lack of Japanese support for the Vita other than Waifu simulators or Otaku bait is rather saddening. I'm still waiting for Sony to surprise us with Wild Arms 6 for the Vita. While I'm personally looking forward to Vahalla Knights, it's not going to be a system seller. Here's hoping we see a change for the better in the future.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    ragnarok odyssey is pretty bad ass... aslo just got gravity rush and assassins creed liberation... both are pretty damn awesome.
    Agree Gravity Rush and Ragnarok Odyssey are both pretty Badass but I have problem with AC 3 Liberation so many bug and glitch like AC 3 on PS3
    Last edited by EdoTensei; 12-03-2012 at 16:28.

Thread Information