Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Superior Member
    EvilJ0k3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Age
    22
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    35

    Thinking of a new tattoo!

    Okay so recently I got an idea for a new tattoo! I've already got 2! One on my calf of 3 nautical stars and one on my left pectoral area for memory of my dad.



    That is the one I am wanting, I'm thinking if turning it sideways and putting it on my ribs it says "family" with a kind of tribal design behind it.

    So, what do ya guys thing? Yay or nay?

  2. #2
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    PSN ID
    keefy
    Posts
    18,466
    Rep Power
    143
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Put Guy underneath it.


  3. #3
    Superior Member
    EvilJ0k3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Age
    22
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Put Guy underneath it.
    Not trying to be rude but I keep all my tattoos to where they have a certain symbolical meaning or just some actual meaning in general, not something dumb like family guy... No offense I lie the show but I'm not getting a tattoo of a TV show

  4. #4
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    PSN ID
    keefy
    Posts
    18,466
    Rep Power
    143
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    You thought I meant the show.


  5. #5
    Forum Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    3,891
    Rep Power
    75
    No offense but making a tatto called family is as stupid as family guy.

  6. #6
    Superior Member
    EvilJ0k3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Age
    22
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    No offense but making a tatto called family is as stupid as family guy.
    Not if you knew the meaning behind it... Do you not have any family? Cuz I've seen a lot of good tattoos of the word family... I would like to know why you say it's stupid?

  7. #7
    Forum Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    3,891
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJ0k3r View Post
    Not if you knew the meaning behind it... Do you not have any family? Cuz I've seen a lot of good tattoos of the word family... I would like to know why you say it's stupid?
    Family is something you have in your heart all the time and really love it. Having it on the skin is just stupid. Especially when you had no experience with a personal family. Its like if a virgin makes a tattoo saying pornstar.

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    5,919
    Rep Power
    109
    it looks kinda girly ....if im being COMPLETELY honest.



    try something like this with "Family"

    yes, i do come from the pacific, so tribal is the way i roll
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  9. #9
    Superior Member
    EvilJ0k3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Age
    22
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Family is something you have in your heart all the time and really love it. Having it on the skin is just stupid. Especially when you had no experience with a personal family.
    I'm talking about my family such as my mom, father, brother, grandpa, grandma, aunts, uncles, and cousins!

    You have a point with the family being in the heart thing, I would have to agree. But I feel like tattoos are a way to express not only your emotions or thoughts but also thing that are kept in your heart.

    People say tattooing is a sin and so does the bible. But I see it like if the tattoo has a specific meaning with no vulgar or rude meaning behind it they are fine.

    But yes, family should be kept in the heart, but like I said. Tattoos are a way if expressing the heart, mind, and sometime the body. Whether it is expressing the struggles that person has been through in life, a certain memory they've had that they would like to keep, or just anything else like that.

    And in this case, family is that specific thing I am wanting to express!


    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    it looks kinda girly ....if im being COMPLETELY honest.



    try something like this with "Family"

    yes, i do come from the pacific, so tribal is the way i roll
    I like the tribal idea but I just feel like the calligraphic lettering won't go well with the tribal background, so I tried to go with more of a calligraphy vibe for the back ground that would not clash with the lettering.
    Last edited by EvilJ0k3r; 11-26-2012 at 22:00.

  10. #10
    Administrator
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    5,919
    Rep Power
    109
    i agree with Joker.


    im crap with expressing stuff. if a tattoo or other form of expression can convey my feelings to whomever they concern, better than i can with words, then its of little consequence.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  11. #11
    Superior Member
    EvilJ0k3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Age
    22
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i agree with Joker.


    im crap with expressing stuff. if a tattoo or other form of expression can convey my feelings to whomever they concern, better than i can with words, then its of little consequence.
    Exactly! I see them as a form of expression and art. As long as the meaning behind it isn't vulgar, or in someway rude or targeting a specific person then tattoos are okay!

  12. #12
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    PSN ID
    keefy
    Posts
    18,466
    Rep Power
    143
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Well if things clash they stand out.

    calligraphy writing with that swirly background makes the writing hard to read.


  13. #13
    Superior Member
    EvilJ0k3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Age
    22
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Well if things clash they stand out.

    calligraphy writing with that swirly background makes the writing hard to read.
    Yes I know this! It's easier to see the difference on the paper in person but I'm thinking a light red with dark red accents in the background would be better than the blue.

  14. #14
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,589
    Rep Power
    92
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Joker, Your speaking with the wrong crowd(Gamers). Now i love tattoos, however; so i say go for it. I'm not saying that tattoo per se.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  15. #15
    Superior Member
    EvilJ0k3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Age
    22
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Joker, Your speaking with the wrong crowd(Gamers). Now i love tattoos, however; so i say go for it. I'm not saying that tattoo per se.
    I'm redoing it! I know how I'm gonna do it! I had another idea! So when I get it done ill post a pic up here!

  16. #16
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,589
    Rep Power
    92
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJ0k3r View Post
    I'm redoing it! I know how I'm gonna do it! I had another idea! So when I get it done ill post a pic up here!
    Alright. I'm looking forward to it!

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  17. #17
    Apprentice
    SHAZZMAZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Eaton England UK
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Age
    26
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    30
    Items PS3 Slim
    yo eviljoker go with the family tattoo dont listen to what sum people say i think its sweet

  18. #18
    Superior Member
    EvilJ0k3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Age
    22
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAZZMAZZ View Post
    yo eviljoker go with the family tattoo dont listen to what sum people say i think its sweet
    I know what I'm doing! Ill show ya when it's done!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.