Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I might do some PC stuff to liven up the index a bit. I have a decent catalog to go thru haha.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    I might do some PC stuff to liven up the index a bit. I have a decent catalog to go thru haha.
    Awesome we need some 360 ones I can do some Wii Titles. I don't own a 360 maybe I can talk my co worker into joining he's an 360 guy lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Lol that'd be pretty good. I have some 360 games I could review, so I might try to hit some different types.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Hopefully the creative bug bites me been to lazy to work on anything smh lmao I'm sitting at my desk maybe ill start one now lol...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Respect to new user upmagic, who posted his first review at the post count of 4. So awesome, welcome on board bud.

Items Deadmau5
    Thanks! I hope it's okay if I skirt around the headings and all, I like to keep things simple.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by upmagic View Post
    Thanks! I hope it's okay if I skirt around the headings and all, I like to keep things simple.
    It's fine. To be honest, the formatting thing is going to take a back seat in the near future due to what this section is destined to become. That's not to say that the general areas we outlined shouldn't be discussed where applicable, but this section will become a portal for those who would like to perhaps get some of their stuff published on front page so a free styling approach is ok...stay tuned for more on this in the coming weeks.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Interesting Ghost. Well I'll be putting up another review in a little bit, so it's safe to say I can alter things around in the future? For sake of flow, the format sometimes doesn't work well. Depends on the genre of the game, etc. This next review will totally follow it, I like it for the most part, but could use altering.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I still think things like the + and - stuff is good, but the order etc may fade away. Nothing is concrete yet, we are still trying to form the vision.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I just wanted to take a min and thank everyone that has contributed to the CR section its awesome reading other members reviews! If anyone needs help with editing or maybe some kind graphics and that's what's keeping you from sharing a review don't hesitate to ask me for help with that just PM me.

I hope to add a few this week before friday keep up the great work PSU!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I second D's sentiments. Also, thanks so much to the staff who are willing to help keep the index updated.

Edit: 29 reviews in 6 weeks? $#@! yeah!
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-08-2013 at 18:00.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I second D's sentiments. Also, thanks so much to the staff who are willing to help keep the index updated.

Edit: 29 reviews in 6 weeks? $#@! yeah!
    Sall good man! I'm not the biggest contributor but I love the concept and reading everyone's reviews so ill be updating the index if need be

Via Tapatalk

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Sall good man!

Thanks! You're pretty good!

14. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Yeah, I'm amazed at how many reviews there are. This section is really starting to take off!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    My next review should be up by tomorrow night. It is going to be Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for the PS Vita. I have invested about 9hrs in to the game so far and more than enough experience with the game to give a full detailed review.

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    My next review should be up by tomorrow night. It is going to be Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for the PS Vita. I have invested about 9hrs in to the game so far and more than enough experience with the game to give a full detailed review.
    Sounds good man! I really want that game and loved the demo so you can deal the deal with a review :P

As for me I finished Sleeping Dogs on 360 last night so I started a write up, 1/3 done it will be up in a day or two.

Via Tapatalk

Veteran
    Items User name styleE3PS3 Slim
    Dear awesome PSU community review section: I'd like to use you. Not in the dirty way, unless that's how you like it! No, I'd like to use your content for the homepage. I've talked to Ghost about this and I'm not sure how we left it, but how do you all feel about it? You'd get full credit, of course. If you want us to use your real name, just post it in your reviews. If for some reason you don't want it featured on the homepage, please let me know (maybe it's best if you just drop a note in the review thread itself).

I'll talk to Ghost about this more, but I'm thinking PSU can find some nice rewards for your work. Maybe the more content you get featured on the homepage, the more points you get... or maybe just a simple monthly cash prize?

You guys have some good content here. How would you feel if we opened an "editorial" section just like this where you can write editorials that could get featured on the homepage, adding to that potential for a reward?

19. Likes Lethal , Ghost likes this post
    Items Deadmau5
    That sounds like a wonderful idea, would be awesome to see more community involvement on the front page. I'll add my name to my submissions, let me know if any are of use to you!

Editorial pieces also sound interesting, a new subsection for that would be great.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    My real name is DeviousOne lmao... That's sounds good and a nice way to reward members that put in the time to get these reviews in our section!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by upmagic View Post
    That sounds like a wonderful idea, would be awesome to see more community involvement on the front page. I'll add my name to my submissions, let me know if any are of use to you!

Editorial pieces also sound interesting, a new subsection for that would be great.
    This is along my train of thought too. I'm going to brainstorm some ideas and have a chat with Adam tomorrow about how to move forward with this. We may open a subforum here or keep the CR section as it is and re-open the Writers Army section (perhaps rename it to something else).

You guys drop your ideas and thoughts in this thread and we'll start forming a plan.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    I really like the ideas, especially an editorial section. It would be nice to see some of the community work on the front page and I'm all for it to see the community and the main page more connected.

So pretty much all of us have reviewed games we like and have given higher end scores to. My 6/10 was for Ratchet Q Force which was still above average, but disappointing.

I CHALLENGE you reviewers to write about more games you didn't like or thought were $#@!. Gets you in a more creative way of thinking and helps diversify the score range. I'm gonna try and do this too more often review games I thought were pretty standard or dull ><

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    So pretty much all of us have reviewed games we like and have given higher end scores to. My 6/10 was for Ratchet Q Force which was still above average, but disappointing.

I CHALLENGE you reviewers to write about more games you didn't like or thought were $#@!. Gets you in a more creative way of thinking and helps diversify the score range. I'm gonna try and do this too more often review games I thought were pretty standard or dull ><
    I was thinking of doing a Fallout: New Vegas review.

But that wouldn't be fair since I only played it for a few hours before banishing the game from my list. It's like right up there with, Damnation and Rogue Warrior in my "Never play again" pile.

On other news! I just finished Papo & Yo so I'll make a review of that. Next might be, Resistance 3 since I know the game from the ground up.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I was thinking of doing a Fallout: New Vegas review.

But that wouldn't be fair since I only played it for a few hours before banishing the game from my list. It's like right up there with, Damnation and Rogue Warrior in my "Never play again" pile.
    I got the platinum trophy in Damnation. That is probably the worst game made this generation. Review complete!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Ill have one soon on a game I don't like just hard to play thru it lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information