Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

fun Guns For Everyone In Texas ( First 3D Guns To Be Printed )

Free guns for everyone! Texas startup plans to distribute blueprints for 3-D printable firearms

Published: 26 November, 2012, 23:52

AFP Photo / Derrick Ceyrac

Putting a hole in someone’s head could soon be as easy as pressing Ctrl-P. A Texas-based group of Second Amendment advocates say they are ready with the world’s first firearm made entirely from a 3-D printer.

Defense Distributed spokesman Cody Wilson tells the UK’s Guardian that his company has the “logistics, time, resources and money” to start freely distributing blueprints that will let any hobbyist with a 3-D home printer make their own gun, and now it’s just up to Uncle Sam to sign off on a federal firearms license. Wilson doesn’t think there will be any problem, though, and says his company plans to be approved and begin building prototypes in the coming weeks.

“We're just waiting on a little piece of paper,” Wilson says, which could be all the federal government needs to give them in order for Defense Distributed to start sending out schematics.

Wilson says his group of Second Amendment advocates had planned on putting together prototypes for the first fully-printable firearm, but decided to be a bit more careful after a few roadblocks that have so far made publishing plans for a make-it-yourself gun not as easy as you might expect. The crowd-source funding page that they set up to initially raise funds was shut down by the site’s administrators, but since then the company says they’ve managed to make headway around all other obstacles. Now once cleared by the government to legally make and manufacture firearms, Defense Distributed will perfect their products and prepare for the next step: distributing instructions that will let anyone with the right equipment create their own weapon.

“The Defense Distributed goal isn’t really personal armament,” Wilson says in a promotional video for his company. “It’s more the liberation of information. It’s about living in a world where you can just download the file for the thing you want to make in this life. As the printing press revolutionized literacy, 3-D printing is in its moment.”

Defense Distributed is pending state approval that will make them a nonprofit corporation in the state of Texas, organized and operated exclusively for charitable and literary purposes. On their website, they lay out those intensions a little bit more clearly. Purpose one of their incorporation is “To defend the civil liberty of popular access to arms as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and affirmed by the United States Supreme Court, through facilitating global access to, and the collaborative production of, information and knowledge related to the 3D printing of arms.”

Defense Distributed’s second goal is “to publish and distribute, at no cost to the public, such information and knowledge in promotion of the public interest.” Because there appears to be no precedent outlawing the distribution of schematics yet, that doesn’t seems like it will be much of a problem. Wilson says he has even met with officials from the bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to be sure he’s no facing any further issues.

"I have no interest in going to jail," he tells the Guardian. "I'll do it their way if I need to.”

Earlier this year, another hobbyist from the US designed a 3-D printer-made gun that could fire multiple rounds, but that model relied on a few extra parts from firearm shops in order to work. One gun in the works from Defense Distributed will be entirely made using an at-home printer and another will use electronics to fire bullets, but otherwise those two products will be able to be pieced together with nothing more than a fully-loaded printer.

Defense Distributed is working on a third weapon that does require a bit of extra components during assembly, but if it all goes as planned it will emulate a professional AR-15 submachine gun.
    http://rt.com/usa/news/3d-printer-gun-distributed-643/

So pop into the office and print of a Mac 10
    Last edited by claud3; 11-27-2012 at 11:11.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Dear Santa, please bring me a 3d printer... i've been a good boy all year long.

3. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I guess thats a list favorite for all... A printed out women would be second

Remeber that film Weird science

They used a computer, so am advancing that to full 3d printing
    Last edited by claud3; 11-27-2012 at 15:44.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Unbound Mercenary

This is so cool, and so completely $#@!ing weird that something like this even exists.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    How about we hand every American a gun and have somone yell 'Last man standing'.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

7. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    How about we hand every American a gun and have somone yell 'Last man standing'.
    Welcome to 'Murica!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well every American can own a gun straight after been born

Over 734 million guns to a population of 325 million

PSU Technical Advisor
    Eaah.. I'm not sure that statistic is right. We clock in at 88 guns per 100 people (average). Unless I'm missing something.

And I expect the federal government to try and crack down on this.. Not that they can really stop it, but they'll try and make it illegal or something. They will probably frame it around the lines of "weapon reliability" and "public safety" but in reality its about exerting control.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Dear Santa, please bring me a 3d printer... i've been a good boy all year long.
    LOL! That was a good one. I'm marked this post for a +rep lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I guess thats a list favorite for all... A printed out women would be second

Remeber that film Were science

They used a computer, so am advancing that to full 3d printing
    you sir, are awesome for using Weird Science! LOL. One of my fav movies from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post

This is so cool, and so completely $#@!ing weird that something like this even exists.
    Best gif of the day lol. Meet ya later so you can clean my laptop from me spitting my damn drink all over it when I saw this lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    LMFAO!!! +rep w/a.
    Well every American can own a gun straight after been born

Over 734 million guns to a population of 325 million
    Well, anyone, anywhere can own a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    WTF!! LOL. You guys gave me a stomach cramp from the laughing at these lol.

13. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    man i love the fact this is possible and the end game will be call of duty all over the states lmao

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    man i love the fact this is possible and the end game will be call of duty all over the states lmao
    3d printers, and this concept isn't and won't be limited to the US. It'll be printer wars!!!!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    That's true mate, world 3d take over

Be ready for me to be the toner sales man. And I will make a mint

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Sorry for the double
    Last edited by claud3; 11-27-2012 at 16:34.

Forum Sage
    This isn't going to work. The plastics used by 3d printers don't hold up to that kind of use.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Its possible, the only that will not work is the trigger

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Is it cheaper to buy a real gun?

Would we need 3D glasses?
    Last edited by keefy; 11-27-2012 at 18:06.

Dedicated Member

So let me see if I have this right.

You would love to see all Americans shooting each other and would find such a slaughter to be funny.

Well, that certainly confirms what I've always believed about you.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Really? You've got serious issues. Did Americans come to your house and shoot your dog? lol

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    This isn't going to work. The plastics used by 3d printers don't hold up to that kind of use.
    Thats what I'm thinking, I've done stuff on those printers, and while the plastic is good, its not strong enough to handle the pressure that a gun must be able to withstand.

Thread Information