PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Da Vinci Leaves Hints In Mona Lisa: Backdrop Landscape Located

Da Vinci leaves hints to Mona Lisa: Backdrop landscape located

Published: 27 November, 2012, 18:39

Mona Lisa b ackdrop landscape located

The centuries-old enigma of the location of the landscape behind the Mona Lisa may have been solved. Italian researchers say a hidden clue identifies the exact location of the background to the world’s most famous artwork.

If you look very closely at the most mysterious Da Vinci painting, you would see a bridge above the left shoulder of Mona Lisa. Italian art historian Carla Glori claims that it is that the three-arched bridge hints at a hillside village called Bobbio in Northern Italy, The Daily Telegraph reports.

This idea was prompted by another recent discovery made by Italian art historian Silvano Vinceti. He says the hidden numbers 7 and 2 are painted beneath the bridge. Glori alleges these numbers where deliberately painted in by the Great Renaissance master so that the background could be identified.

She claims the numbers in fact refer to year 1472, when the Bobbio bridge known as Ponte Gobbo or Ponte Vecchio collapsed after a flood of the Trebbia River.

"Leonardo added in the number 72 beneath the bridge to record the devastating flood of the River Trebbia and to allow it to be identified," The Daily Telegraph quotes Carla Glori as saying.

The Mona Lisa is believed to have been painted between 1503 and 1506 in Florence and still remains one of the most mysterious artwork of all times. Until recently most art historians agreed that the landscape in the painting was the fruit of the artist’s imagination.
    http://rt.com/art-and-culture/news/m...e-located-706/

This is cool, that this enigma can leave glues to every painting painted and every invention imagined
    Last edited by claud3; 11-27-2012 at 15:38.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    I'm on it!

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    I'm on it!

Tap-a-hoe
    Better be quick...

Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Better be quick...

I will, no one's gonna stop me...

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    the Mona Lisa is the size of a tic-tac

chances are "72" are just two brush strokes...i know i've made brush strokes similar in the past...
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Well in assasins creed 2 they have Da Vinci in and I like how they match his true life.

On topic: Da Vinci is an epic man and with the skills unmatched and he is not the only one to do this and will not be the last past enigma to leave hints in their work
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    im sorry but even though im an artist myself... i just dont care about the Mona Lisa (i love Da Vinci though)... its such a plain painting... i really dont get what the fuss over it is... who cares why it was painted... maybe DaVinci just wanted to paint it because... he wanted to... theres no underlying message... its just a picture he wanted to paint.

I have so many paintings that people ask me "whats it mean?"

IT DOESNT MEAN $#@!! i just wanted to paint it because it looks cool!! is it that unreasonable?

"whats the meaning behind this painting?"

it looks cool. thats what the meaning is... stop over analyzing...
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Dedicated Member
    Like tattoos, I see.

Gotcha.

Thread Information