mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Consoleation- it only does disappointment

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Another in the line of fanboy articles that seem to be hitting stride now again. I think guys on both sides of the battlefield are deeply worried their console of choice is going to fail in the next gen.

I think the next gen systems are going to be wonderful and I will be playing both... so let the fanboys drivel away.

This guys' criticisms are the same as mine, mostly. I hate mandatory installs, the incessant updates are horrific due to my rural internet connection, the 3rd party MP games are no brainers to buy on 360 for the most part. So yeah, he isn't really "lying" on the article, but it is just another summation of negativity that is pervading the net trying to lay groundwork for swaying people to buy a 360. Same thing is happening with other articles but to get people to not buy a PS3... sadly, we will see this more and more
    LMAO

3. Likes Fijiandoce, Ghost likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I dont know if I'm getting both consoles next gen at least not right away. And I dont know who I will choose until I have all the info. I'm not married to any brand.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'll probably get both consoles next gen, so long as MS get busy with 1st party, as I don't think 3rd party ports are going to be such an issue and I'm not the biggest online gamer.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah I seriously doubt 3rd party ports will be a problem next gen so MS is going to need to come hard with the 1st party offerings. They also cant afford another RROD fiasco so reliable hardware is also essential to success. And Sony will need to price competitively and market their product better.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-28-2012 at 06:35.

Forum Elder
    if nextbox is to carry on where 360 leaves off. then only MS for my nextgen console.

Soldier 95B
    If next gen is like this gen, I might actually consider going Playstation only. The lure of the free online with all the features they have added is tempting. Why? Because I have been gaming less. Right now I am getting value for my $40 a year for Xbox Live Gold. But by then, I may not see the value if I am not playing the consoles enough.

And IMO, they are DEAD EQUAL in games...genre, graphics, quantity...of what I want to play.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    If next gen is like this gen, I might actually consider going Playstation only.

Soldier 95B
    ^LOL

I know, how times have changed. Who whudda thunk it?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    If next gen is like this gen, I might actually consider going Playstation only. The lure of the free online with all the features they have added is tempting. Why? Because I have been gaming less. Right now I am getting value for my $40 a year for Xbox Live Gold. But by then, I may not see the value if I am not playing the consoles enough.

And IMO, they are DEAD EQUAL in games...genre, graphics, quantity...of what I want to play.
    Yeah tbh thats the direction I'm leaning as well if next gen is like this gen. I like the free online, the new PS Store is a nice improvement, I like the PS+ idea and I like Sony's willingness to heavily invest in 1st party even if some IPs dont do well instead of playing it safe with a handful of the same big selling IPs. And I think 3rd party games will all be on par next gen so I dont see that being a factor. So unless MS pulls a rabbit out of the hat and blows me away somehow I'll most likely go Playstation only as well.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    ^LOL

I know, how times have changed. Who whudda thunk it?
    Its called having an open mind. Thats a good thing.

Forum Elder
    Im a playstation guy since the ps1. They always deliver the games I want most, so until that changes ill peobably remain a ps guy.

Not to mention I only have time for one system.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El Presidente
    I'm going to be holding off on buying a new console right away, I hope but I might change my mind. Then I have time to finish up games from this gen. Plus by the time I get one of the two consoles any hardware issues will have been worked out.

The biggest decider for me is what do my friends have? Currently all the people around here I know irl have a 360. I like playing with friends so whatever they get that's what I will get. I bought my PS3 at a time when everyone I knew had a 360 and they had no clue why I bought it. Apart from a very few amount of exclusives I played I wouldn't buy a PS3 again if given the chance. I've gotten more use out of my 360.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I wont be getting the new xbox never have owned an MS console ill stick with wii U and playstation

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    if the PS4 is again hard to develop for and they use alien tech like the PS3, I will get the New Xbox instead. While the PS3 had a lot of exclusive first party games, i honestly only played a few and those games could have definitely been better than they currently were. however, if I do get a new Xbox, I will definitely wait a bit to see how good the hardware is. the last thing I need is red rings and all that bull$#@!.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I was thinking about what Soldier said today about not playing as much and I'm kind of in the same boat. Between PS3, PS4 and Vita, I don't really need anything, and if PS+ IGC carries over to PS4, I won't even have to pay to play games next gen . I'll just pay my €50 and get the advertised 45+ games a year. PS+ has Batman: Arkham City and Vanquish in it, MK is coming to Vita, Uncharted and Gravity Rush out already...these are full games...Mind=Blown! PS+ is offering bat$#@! crazy value and people are lapping it up.

If Sony could get even half the current instal base to buy PS+ it'd have a potential to earn based on current costs €1,750,000,000 a year...if Sony puts Gaikai into PS+ next gen giving you access to the back catalog, I'd wager it'd get subs galore. Give a 1 month free trial with each console and it'd be hook line and sinker.

Sony's push on value has been interesting to watch. PS+ IGC, F2P MMOs, the Collections range and Cross Buy on Vita are quite financially friendly and content heavy for the gamer.
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-28-2012 at 20:00.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah tbh thats the direction I'm leaning as well if next gen is like this gen. I like the free online, the new PS Store is a nice improvement, I like the PS+ idea and I like Sony's willingness to heavily invest in 1st party even if some IPs dont do well instead of playing it safe with a handful of the same big selling IPs. And I think 3rd party games will all be on par next gen so I dont see that being a factor. So unless MS pulls a rabbit out of the hat and blows me away somehow I'll most likely go Playstation only as well.
    The funny thing is, the Xbox 360 has been my best console gaming experience ever. But I know that the Playstation 3 offers tit for tat for almost every game and feature, with free online.

That said, the PS controller is the biggest pile of $#@! I have ever used. So if I go full bore PS4, I will need a 360 like controller. The 3rd party Pro Elite controller I got for my PS3 is MUCH nicer than the PS3 controller, BUT still not as good as my 360 controller.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The funny thing is, the Xbox 360 has been my best console gaming experience ever. But I know that the Playstation 3 offers tit for tat for almost every game and feature, with free online. That said, the PS controller is the biggest pile of $#@! I have ever used. So if I go full bore PS4, I will need a 360 like controller. The 3rd party Pro Elite controller I got for my PS3 is MUCH nicer than the PS3 controller, BUT still not as good as my 360 controller.
    So does that 3rd party controller work good? Yeah I've enjoyed my 360 alot but like you said PS3 offers tit for tat with free online. And then theres PS+. But like Bigdoggy said I just hope Sony doesn't go with another alien hardware architecture. As for MS theyre going to have to earn my trust again as far hardware reliability goes.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-28-2012 at 21:14.

Soldier 95B
    The problem with my Pro Elite is the the analog sticks. There is a longer distance in the movement compared to the PS3 and 360 sticks. But the feel of the controller is solid. The sticks are offset like the 360, and the shape is like the 360.

Soldier 95B
    That said, if I don't get the next Xbox, that won't stop me from researching it, reading about it, and posting about it. I have no desire to be a fanboy of either side and respect single and multiple console owners.

I can't wait to find out more details on each. There could be that ONE feature that could swing me too. For example, lets just say that one console came out and offered a massive hard drive and DAY ONE digital download releases for ALL games, and the other did not, I might be inclined to buy the one that offers that feature. That feature wouldn't require a premium subscription of course. But if I had to pay $40 a year to play online, so that I had a console that had that digital option, then I would do it.

So, I will be doing myself a spreadsheet on the feature sets and the pros and cons.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'll be weighing pros and cons as well. I may become a dual console once the one I dont pick drops in price and has good late adopter bundles.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'm buying them all! You know MS will offer great exclusives at the start of the gen, and Sony will just continue where they've left off with the PS3 - the last few years have been great for the PS3

Soldier 95B
    My guess is that I will just go with one, and I am thinking it will be the PS4. But that is my guess. I am chomping at the bit to see what they look like and what they offer.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    LAst 2 sony consoles died before they were 5 year old. PS2 & PS3.
    I don't want to pay money just to play online, I might not play that much, I rarely played online with my PS3 and thesedays I don't play online on PC much either so Xbox is out the window.
    Think I will stick to PC in future but I do not like sitting at this desk on this chair, might be a reason why I play less on PC recently.

I played on 56k updating Half life 1 and counter strike took many hours when steam first released, heck even the steam clent updates took almost 1 hour.
    I know updating sucks but its part of online gaming thesedays.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-29-2012 at 01:43.

Master Guru
    Of course it's an article bashing the PS3. Why not right?

Next generation Sony is going to kick ass and take names. They've learned from their mistakes and even though they didn't have the best success with the PS3 they still put out the most critically acclaimed exclusive games this gen and that's all that matters to a large contingent of gamers out there.

I have no doubts Sony will be firing on all cylinders when the PS4 is released.

Thread Information