Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by zex494 View Post
    Wrath, do you come to the forums just to rant about "die-hard (insert whatever gaming thread your trolling that day) fans" and the games they want?
    Oh hell yes, I do.

And you're my number one trophy, closely followed by AaronSoldier!

Last edited by Wrath; 11-29-2012 at 23:47.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I like FFXIII but I don't WANT these games to drag out for 10 years, give me a NEW FF experience.... FFXV plz haha

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    A shame. They sounded like they really wanted to show something before years end. There is technically still a month but doubt anything will come to fruition.

Quick! Someone publicize some BS like earlier this year. It'll force them to at least show the company still exists
    Last edited by D3seeker; 11-30-2012 at 00:05.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I like FFXIII but I don't WANT these games to drag out for 10 years, give me a NEW FF experience.... FFXV plz haha
    XV? Lol damn, there's no saying how long it'll be before that is even announced!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    XV? Lol damn, there's no saying how long it'll be before that is even announced!
    I just don't know why S-E are banking on FFXIII and its 'universe' to be so successful and long-lasting. I can see why they would want to make their games more epic and span multiple games much like how FFVII did like in robvandam's post, but honestly, as much as I DID actually like FFXIII and XIII-2... it is by far one of (if not) the least popular fan-favourite FF universes. Why expand so much on the FF title that long term fans dislike the most, why not just keep making numbered FF titles and if one of them is SUPER popular, THEN expand on it. I just don't understand

6. Likes zex494 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    I don't really understand either, DarkVincent. I grew up loving Square and just about everything with their name on it. I think my standard for them got too high and after XIII, I was pissed off at them. I thought and still think XIII is pure garbage, but I came to terms with their whole plan for a series of XIII games.

My current attitude? If they release a new FF game, I'll look into it. If it sucks, oh well. Honestly, I don't even care if the series ends at this point. I do have interest in XIV, but that's because I was a big XI player. There are so many other games or rpgs out there that I can get my fill.

Why are they doing it this away instead of making a successful FF and then expanding upon it? Maybe because with this gen the cost of an engine, whole new assets, art, etc cost so much more than the PSone days, making it less viable to make 3 completely different games with totally different engines and battle systems.

Maybe going multiplat in the middle of the development messed things too, IDK. I think most people would agree that XIII has been less than ideal, but sales for the game were still pretty solid. I think most devs/publishers would like to sell over 5 million copies.

I really don't have a good enough guess for why they are doing what they are doing, but Kuro said it best, "can't do much but wait".
    Last edited by Sir_Scud; 11-30-2012 at 04:35.

8. Likes zex494, DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    Regarding Final Fantasy XV, I'm pretty sure Hiroyuki Ito and his team are working on it. He was responsible for Final Fantasy VI, IX and XII.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    I'm really looking forward to FFX hd. For nostalgia reasons obviously. I would love to see a new trailer at TGS with a release date. I'll be happy with square for the most part.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

11. Likes Wrath , F34R likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    It's gonna go like this E3 2013 PS4 and 720 announced and the end of one of the conferences Wada taps on someone's shoulder. "Just one more thing". Queue new VERSUS XIII trailer running in real-time on the new Luminous engine.

In all seriousness though, once the next-gen starts I really hope they ditch this whole direct sequel business and go back to single standalone Final Fantasys. I want XV, XVI, XVII. Not XV, XV-2, XV-3.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

13. Likes darksora likes this post
    Master Poster
    When VSXIII was announced....I was 16 and 230 pounds......my weight went up to 306 pounds now I've lost 100 pounds and for the first time in my life Im skinny...what Im basically saying is...I was able to accomplish a life long goal, become legal, be old enough to drink in the United States and Started and graduated from University before this game has even seen a release window. This is just ridiculous, I'd honestly would feel so much better if they were just up front and went it's being pushed back to next gen (Like Bioware and Dragon Age 3) or just tell us you cancelled it.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

15. Likes Bio, D3seeker, Suzano-O likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    come on Ixion, I think it's safe to say that Versus isn't going happen and it's been on the very back burner and most likely wont even be done next year, that is if it even exists. right now I will call bull$#@! on everything related to FF versus, I honestly don't think we will see it. it's like duke nukem forever and once that game came out it blew chunks. ugh I personally think they canned Versus because in all honesty the game should have been out by now.

the point is, and your post proves it. SE relies to strongly on their Final Fantasy series and it's going to bite them in the ass, it's already been doing it to them.
    Versus may not be coming out anytime soon, but it's apparently still in development. Wada said a few months ago that he just got out of a meeting for Versus and that it looked incredible.

I'm certainly not waiting for it or planning for it anymore, but it would make some sense for S-E to finish the FFXIII trilogy before switching to a new universe. There's also FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, which they'll have to market too. That's most likely why S-E is mum on Versus.

But my point isn't that we should still hope for Versus. My point is that if S-E hires some good writers, it will be pivotal for the fans. It doesn't matter how good the gameplay is. If the story is stupid, then a lot of players won't become attached to the game like they did with the classic Final Fantasies. It's the story that made Final Fantasy more than just a game.

So even though I'm enjoying FFXIII-2's gameplay right now, it's just a decently fun game to me. I don't feel attached like I did when I played FFVII, FFX, etc. I usually end up laughing at 80% of the dialogue.
    Last edited by Ixion; 11-30-2012 at 16:05.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    It's gonna go like this E3 2013 PS4 and 720 announced and the end of one of the conferences Wada taps on someone's shoulder. "Just one more thing". Queue new VERSUS XIII trailer running in real-time on the new Luminous engine.

In all seriousness though, once the next-gen starts I really hope they ditch this whole direct sequel business and go back to single standalone Final Fantasys. I want XV, XVI, XVII. Not XV, XV-2, XV-3.
    would be amazing to see versus running on Luminous tbh

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I would honestly prefer for Versus to be developed for Next Gen. Yeah, we might have to wait another 2 or 3 years, but we've waited this long already and the current gen has gotten old.

When Versus was first announced back in 2006, we were all were excited to see a cool, open-world, "next-gen" Final Fantasy. But we've gone through nearly an entire console cycle since then.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I would honestly prefer for Versus to be developed for Next Gen. Yeah, we might have to wait another 2 or 3 years, but we've waited this long already and the current gen has gotten old.

When Versus was first announced back in 2006, we were all were excited to see a cool, open-world, "next-gen" Final Fantasy. But we've gone through nearly an entire console cycle since then.
    As long as it would be a launch title that would be fine. It makes sense because the ps4 will be out in roughly two years and versus won't get as much attention. Everyone will be worried about new gen gaming. On the other hand though, when new gen systems come out they never have too many games so it's possible that it will still do good when the new systems come out.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    It's hard to say about whether it would be ps3/4. They released XII when the ps3 console release was right around the horizon, so it really depends on how much of it is done I think. Without a solid ps4 launch window, this game could very well release right before ps4.

Master Poster
    An HD version of FFX would make my life worth living. In all seriousness.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    When VSXIII was announced....I was 16 and 230 pounds......my weight went up to 306 pounds now I've lost 100 pounds and for the first time in my life Im skinny...what Im basically saying is...I was able to accomplish a life long goal, become legal, be old enough to drink in the United States and Started and graduated from University before this game has even seen a release window. This is just ridiculous, I'd honestly would feel so much better if they were just up front and went it's being pushed back to next gen (Like Bioware and Dragon Age 3) or just tell us you cancelled it.
    This game is the definition of vaporware. If SE had some smart people in the corporate office they would have canned the project years ago and saved loads of money on development cost. At this point they've probably sunk so much money into it they probably feel like they have to release it. They should just launch on the next gen consoles are rename it Final Fantasy 15.

If anyone is willing to do some long reading on the way this type of thing happens, Polygon has a really good article on THQ's Homefront game and how that turned into a nightmare. I don't think it's a stretch to assume something similar is happening here.
    http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/1/356...os-studios-thq

PSN ID
    SamiFFXII
    Very much so, tbh it's not been a great generation for JRPGs in general, you'd think with all the processing power they can make the ideal open world RPG, but they decided to take another direction and try to appeal to a different fan base, retain them for the next gen and continue in this manner. I find that XIII was ok, i liked the gameplay, but it didn't stick with me. FFX HD will definitely buy, but they're slow in development as they always have been, unfortunately people still buy the XIII franchise, so perhaps we won't see Versus until next year or on the next generation.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Not confirmed but...

Nearly 2 years have passed since Square Enix first demonstrated in game footage of its upcoming action rpg to the public.
    While details surrounding the long awaited Final Fantasy Versus XIII continue to be secluded for another year, word on the street suggests that the media blackout regarding Versus XIII may end as early as the new year.
    According to the Final Fantasy grapevine, Square Enix is preparing a special conference to be held January 15th-17th. It’s rumored that Noctis and company will have their day in the sun once more after a two year absence as new in-game Final Fantasy Versus XIII footage is expected to be revealed. A new playable character will also reportedly be shown as well.
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII won’t be the only rpg in the spotlight at this event, assuming the unconfirmed reports are to be believed. New details on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy X HD are also on tap for the event.
    While Square Enix has held a similar conference in Japan nearly two years ago which focused on all things Final Fantasy ( including Versus XIII ), we’ve been burned plenty of times in the past by rumors concerning the elusive PS3 exclusive.
    Until this news is confirmed by those in the know, it would be wise if we all took the above information with a truck load of kosher salt before getting too excited
    http://thesilentchief.com/2012/11/15...xiii-expected/
    Last edited by robvandam111; 12-05-2012 at 20:55.

Master Guru
    These games better be coming eventually. Especially Versus XIII. That game has been a must have since the day it was shown for me.

I'd settle for an HD FFX this generation. Can't wait to replay it in HD as it's my favorite FF game.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    All i want is FFX HD and that's all. FFXIIIvs is not going to be what we hope it would, that is how i feel.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I saw a thread over at gaf where it said the versus and FFX won't be making an appearance at SE jump festa event
    Last edited by Itachi; 12-09-2012 at 23:41.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    I'm surprised someone hasn't blown up Square-enix at this point.

In all seriousness I think I'm come to terms with this game being vaporware, and not only that within the time span of it's announcement I've played other RPG's and just games PERIOD(Valkyria Chronicles and Persona 3 come to mind) that if it doesn't stack up at least even a little then it's a failure. I'm not saying it has to blow me away, but at least be a FF game and not some stupid bull$#@! like FFXIII.

29. Likes zex494 likes this post
    Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    I'm surprised someone hasn't blown up Square-enix at this point.

In all seriousness I think I'm come to terms with this game being vaporware, and not only that within the time span of it's announcement I've played other RPG's and just games PERIOD(Valkyria Chronicles and Persona 3 come to mind) that if it doesn't stack up at least even a little then it's a failure. I'm not saying it has to blow me away, but at least be a FF game and not some stupid bull$#@! like FFXIII.
    Let's just say it how it is. Other large scale RPG's have been announced, developed, and released, all after Vs 13 was announced. Skyrin for example, you can't tell me that Vs13 is as large scale a game to make as that.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Let's just say it how it is. Other large scale RPG's have been announced, developed, and released, all after Vs 13 was announced. Skyrin for example, you can't tell me that Vs13 is as large scale a game to make as that.

True, but as I know if this game does get released it's going to have semi-duke nukem syndrome where people won't give a crap. It might be good, but you lost the hype because you announced it how many years ago? 6 now or was it 7.

Kind of like KH3(although not announced) people are getting upset that a Kingdom Hearts game hasn't graced Consoles since 2006 with KH2 although we've had other games(not necessarily side games).

Thread Information