Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Skyrim for example, you can't tell me that Vs13 is as large scale a game to make as that.
    Hard to say. Not only will Versus also have an open world, but it's going to have much higher production values when it comes to the cut-scenes, visual effects, the cities/towns, etc.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Hard to say. Not only will Versus also have an open world, but it's going to have much higher production values when it comes to the cut-scenes, visual effects, the cities/towns, etc.
    Also good point, but even with that said it's already got that one thing going against it. Duke Nukem syndrome although not as bad still heading that way.

Plus when you look at what we've heard about a game like GTA V. Versus doesn't seem that special anymore, and then playing Skyrim or games like it Versus got to bring out all the stops. Cause if it doesn't it's doomed to the same treatment as Duke Nukem Forever.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Also good point, but even with that said it's already got that one thing going against it. Duke Nukem syndrome although not as bad still heading that way.

Plus when you look at what we've heard about a game like GTA V. Versus doesn't seem that special anymore, and then playing Skyrim or games like it Versus got to bring out all the stops. Cause if it doesn't it's doomed to the same treatment as Duke Nukem Forever.
    I didn't know it was open world. That's interesting. I assume they are not going to use the traditional JRPG battle systems? That would not fit with an open world at all.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Its half way there...

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I didn't know it was open world. That's interesting. I assume they are not going to use the traditional JRPG battle systems? That would not fit with an open world at all.
    The battle system will be similar to Kingdom Hearts. It's an Action-RPG. Watch the January 2011 trailer to get a better idea.

But yeah, they originally went with a miniature overworld, but they felt it didn't fit the more realistic, darker nature of the game. So they started making it a proportionate open world.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    I didn't know that either myself. As long as it doesn't seem like FFXII all over again I'd be okay. In the sense that it was a shell of MMORPG and the story although different was boring in fact that was probably the most boring cast of characters in a RPG for me. Except Fran and Baltheir if I spelled that right.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Well, it won't play like XII in that respect. I actually liked XII's system. Hard to say if the overall story/characters will deliver, just gotta wait and see I guess.

The open world concept is pretty sweet, but I don't think this game will go down like Duke Nukem. For starters, the same company has been working on it for all these years, so that's at least something!
    Last edited by Sir_Scud; 12-10-2012 at 19:20.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    BRRPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    i think they have been moved to next generation platforms as wat has been released of this two games looks impressive and way above current gen specs
    Jamie Colliver,London, UK, Final Fantasy VII LittleBigPlanet 2 Remake Creator

would be nice if they at least released some info on ffx hd. to me that was the last good final fantasy and the 1 I don't have coz I sold my ps2/games when I heard about the ffx remake :P

Thread Information