Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bane VS Aragorn

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    100 orcs would rape Bane. Don't be silly.

That's besides the point, though, as Aragorn never took on that many enemies at once anyways. Boromir had more than a dozen orcs dead at his feet when he was finally killed, and Aragorn was apparently stronger and more skilled than him. I imagine Aragorn could potentially take on 10-15 orcs at once and have a fair chance of surviving. That's impressive, especially when you remember that some of those orcs were Uruk-Hai, which have the strength to crush a man's skull.

If you think Bane will win then fine. It's just a fun thread over as hypothetical battle. I won't argue over it to a point. I just think you could reevaluate the abilities of Aragorn, because it seems to me that you are underestimating him.
    Who isn't treating this as a fun thread?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I thought there could never be a more intimidating and unnerving villan after Joker, but Nolan pulled it off once again.
    Bane just scares me

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    This is easy. If you're talking about the films; Aragorn. If you want to take your sources from comics and the novels; Bane.

Fantasy over reality.
    Last edited by robvandam111; 11-30-2012 at 04:09.

Unbound Mercenary
    100 orcs would rape Bane. Don't be silly.

That's besides the point, though, as Aragorn never took on that many enemies at once anyways. Boromir had more than a dozen orcs dead at his feet when he was finally killed, and Aragorn was apparently stronger and more skilled than him. I imagine Aragorn could potentially take on 10-15 - maybe more - orcs at once and have a solid chance of surviving. That's impressive, especially when you remember that some of those orcs were Uruk-Hai, which have the strength to crush a man's skull.

If you think Bane will win then fine. It's just a fun thread over as hypothetical battle. I won't argue over it to a point. I just think you could reevaluate the abilities of Aragorn, because it seems to me that you are underestimating him.
    If you remember in the first book, Aragorn got his ass handed to him by an Uruk-ai. He only barely got the win out of that, and he was falling over because of his fatigue. And when faced against more then 10 orcs, he ran until they were funneled. He never directly took on a specific amount of orcs with the intent of only killing him, they were mainly battles, or the orcs had other goals to complete.

And it doesn't say Aragorn has anything more then any other guy, he just lives longer and is thusly wiser.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Friendship is Carrots
    I don't remember any part of a single Uruk-Hai nearly defeating Aragorn in the first book. Also in the battle of Pelenor Fields, the book even states that Aragorn was in the thick of battle and was one of the few to remain standing and unscathed. We know Dwarves are stronger than a men, and Boromor is stated to be exceptionally strong in the face of many moments in the story, even from Gimli's perspective, such as when they were atop the mountains before passing through Moria. It is know that Aragorn is stronger than he is. As well, when the three were chasing the orcs down and into Rohan, Aragorn was almost matching Legolas in stamina.

You are right, though. I couldn't find anywhere where it states that him being an heir to Isildur did give him additional strength. I sorta just presumed that based on how the books weaved his strength and lineage together, plus his skills in battle. My mistake.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Why such a random mash up?

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Anytime someone says "A storm is coming" and the Hines Wards almost gets dealt with is an instant winner to me.

Bane!!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    You are right, though. I couldn't find anywhere where it states that him being an heir to Isildur did give him additional strength. I sorta just presumed that based on how the books weaved his strength and lineage together, plus his skills in battle. My mistake.
    He actually did have some abilities, such as the ability to heal better than a normal man. Healing herbs were more effective when used by the King, as seen in the Houses of the Healing section in ROTK.

He also had a degree of foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Why such a random mash up?
    That's the point.
    Last edited by Ixion; 11-30-2012 at 14:50.

El Presidente
    I would say even if Aragorn had a sword he would have to put up a heck of a fight. I think that Aragorn is more adapt to have greater dexterity so he can get some hits in and move away. If Bane managed to take his sword away and it was down to pure hand to hand combat Bane would win. But if Aragorn got one hit at Bane's breathing masking he would be finished.

Aragorn wins as long as he can keep a hold of his sword, otherwise Bane wins.

Edit: This is actually a decent video. If Bane were in Lurtz's (he's a Uruk-hai) place the end would be similar. Granted this battle is during the day and in a forest but I look at Lurtz and I look at Bane and see similarities. Both strong, intelligent and a high tolerance of pain.

Aragorn keep your sword and you're ok but probably pretty beaten up by the end. Bane takes the sword and Aragorn can't get it back, Bane wins.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

10. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Aragorn all the way. No contest.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    But if Aragorn got one hit at Bane's breathing masking he would be finished.
    That's something I forgot, and that's the reason Batman won easily the second time, since he learned of his weakness while in the prison.

So I actually might go with Aragorn on this one.

Friendship is Carrots
    Doesn't even have to be that. Anduril can cleave iron. Aragorn only needs to strike any exposed and vital area of Bane and he goes down. People seem to enjoy forgetting that Bane is still made of flesh and blood.

Edit: This is actually a decent video. If Bane were in Lurtz's (he's a Uruk-hai) place the end would be similar. Granted this battle is during the day and in a forest but I look at Lurtz and I look at Bane and see similarities. Both strong, intelligent and a high tolerance of pain.
    I had this specific battle in mind too, when I was imagining Bane fighting Aragorn. Bane would probably be about as strong as Lurtz, but I imagine he's also more skilled. I still think it can go mostly either way here. Both characters have their advantages.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    This is like an episode of Big Bang Theory.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Bane..No doubt.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    This is a VERY random pairing.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Doesn't even have to be that. Anduril can cleave iron. Aragorn only needs to strike any exposed and vital area of Bane and he goes down. People seem to enjoy forgetting that Bane is still made of flesh and blood.

I had this specific battle in mind too, when I was imagining Bane fighting Aragorn. Bane would probably be about as strong as Lurtz, but I imagine he's also more skilled. I still think it can go mostly either way here. Both characters have their advantages.
    You seem to enjoy to take this too seriously gathering by your tone.

I would say even if Aragorn had a sword he would have to put up a heck of a fight. I think that Aragorn is more adapt to have greater dexterity so he can get some hits in and move away. If Bane managed to take his sword away and it was down to pure hand to hand combat Bane would win. But if Aragorn got one hit at Bane's breathing masking he would be finished.

Aragorn wins as long as he can keep a hold of his sword, otherwise Bane wins.

Aragorn keep your sword and you're ok but probably pretty beaten up by the end. Bane takes the sword and Aragorn can't get it back, Bane wins.

People seem to forget that i that video; instead of Bane throwing Aragorn away like Lurtz did, he'd just snap his neck.

People seem to enjoy forgetting that Bane is no nonsense and will just kill you if that's what he sees fit - he only really toyed with Batman because he thought Batman didn't fear death, and his punishment must be more severe.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Bane for sure. Remove Aragorns sword and he is nothing. Bane is simply a beast.

Elite Member
    When this thread is in ashes Aragorn has Bane permission to die.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Impossibru how many votes Bane has got! Aragorn has been around for tons of years killing orcs in dozens of battles ever since he was a child, while Bane has only been training for his short life. Check this video out and think, does Bane have such skill with the sword? He's just slicing and dicing the enemies limbs off with ease. Even Batman beat him in HAND TO HAND COMBAT, and he is just a human being with the same training as Bane. Aragorn is not a mere human, and with a sword, he is simply unbeatable! Or so he has been for dozens and dozens of years against enemies up to three times bigger than him. Do you think just one Bane would be a match for him? Put two Banes and then it would be a fight!

All I have seen in the movie was Bane snapping necks of helpless and unarmed humans. Aragorn was raping five Nazguls at the same time alone in the middle of the night!
    Last edited by spyrde; 12-01-2012 at 10:43.

Learn to do signatures here

Bane...easily....

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Yeah but before Aragorn can even put on his makeup (belts etc ) Bane would have already thrown him into the fires of Mordor.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Bane barely took batman by himself.Batman was tired and everything. (Movie logic)Aragon has took on my Orcs which are hard creatures to kill.He's skilled with swords, bows, and just fighting overall. Aragorn has stealth on his side and i guess you could counter with the raised in the dark. I just couldn't see Bane beating him. I just re watched all the movies today.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Friendship is Carrots
    Ya'll just mad cuz even Pippin can take Bane's ass in a fight.

Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Bane barely took batman by himself.Batman was tired and everything. (Movie logic)Aragon has took on my Orcs which are hard creatures to kill.He's skilled with swords, bows, and just fighting overall. Aragorn has stealth on his side and i guess you could counter with the raised in the dark. I just couldn't see Bane beating him. I just re watched all the movies today.
    Bane beat the $#@! out of batman and spared his life for a more severe punishment, giving batman a second chance.

Lol sword and bows? How bout Bane use a Rocket launcher and a Gatling gun...100 Orcs is nothing!

Aragorn can have 2 sword, a bow, three hobbits and a thousands fire arrows. I'll just give Bane an AK47 with an extended clip. The end!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    Bane beat the $#@! out of batman and spared his life for a more severe punishment, giving batman a second chance.

Lol sword and bows? How bout Bane use a Rocket launcher and a Gatling gun...100 Orcs is nothing!

Aragorn can have 2 sword, a bow, three hobbits and a thousands fire arrows. I'll just give Bane an AK47 with an extended clip. The end!
    I'm pretty sure a sword would last longer than a rocket launcher or gatling gun since you wouldn't need to worry about keeping track of ammo with a melee weapon.

The OP also mentions no firearms or projectiles.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-02-2012 at 09:43.

Thread Information