Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Bane VS Aragorn

BANE

VS

ARAGORN

-Each character has access to handheld weapons, such as swords, hammers, etc.
    -No firearms or projectiles.
    -The fight takes place at night, in an open field.

Who wins?!

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Well in hand-to-hand combat Bane would destroy him, but Aragorn has most likely trained and battled with swords all his life, so size and strength doesn't really matter at that point.

Learn to do signatures here

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    Well in hand-to-hand combat Bane would destroy him, but Aragorn has most likely trained and battled with swords all his life, so size and strength doesn't really matter at that point.
    Keep in mind that Bane was a member of the League of Shadows, so he received similar training to Batman. He's no slouch with weapons either.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Keep in mind that Bane was a member of the League of Shadows, so he received similar training to Batman. He's no slouch with weapons either.
    True true, but I still think Aragorn's sword skills would most likely outmatch Bane's, as Aragorn has battled tons of battles against dozens of enemies at the same time with a sword. In a sword fight strength isn't that important, so it would probably be the same to ask if Batman could take Aragorn in a sword fight. Of course, take the swords away, and it's easy to say who wins....

Learn to do signatures here

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Bane...easily....
    Be Together - Not the same.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    If he's allowed a sword as you say, then Aragorn.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Unbound Mercenary
    Its dark . Aragorn would get the ship beat out of him.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    If he's allowed a sword as you say, then Aragorn.
    Bane wiould just catch that sword, grab it; then bend the fruck out of it and chuck it back at Aragorn.

His best bet would be to get some Elven magic from his wife. Or offer her to Bane as a 'peace-offering'...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Its dark . Aragorn would get the ship beat out of him.
    Aragorn is a Ranger though. He knows how to take advantage of darkness as well.

As he said in the Fellowship of the Ring, "I can avoid being seen if I wish."

Apprentice
    Aragorn is a Ranger though. He knows how to take advantage of darkness as well.

As he said in the Fellowship of the Ring, "I can avoid being seen if I wish."
    Yea, but he merely adopted the darkness...Bane was born in it, raised in it...molded by it. The shadows would betray Aragorn.

Linux Mint 13 "Maya" with the MATE 1.6 desktop environment.
    Long live the Penguin!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannicide View Post
    Yea, but he merely adopted the darkness...Bane was born in it, raised in it...molded by it. The shadows would betray Aragorn.
    Check, mate.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannicide View Post
    Yup, totally locks it down as a Bane win.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Also keep in mind that Aragorn is over 100 years old. He has a lot more experience.

Unbound Mercenary
    Also keep in mind that Aragorn is over 100 years old. He has a lot more experience.
    Let us not forget how much punishment that Bane took from batman without even flinching.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Aragorn might have 100+ years experience, but what good is experience when you're outmatched by an equally quick-witted foe; who has the outright physical and technical advantage?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Let us not forget how much punishment that Bane took from batman without even flinching.
    Batman kicked his ass the second time though.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Aragorn might have 100+ years experience, but what good is experience when you're outmatched by an equally quick-witted foe; who has the outright physical and technical advantage?
    I wouldn't say Bane has a technical advantage. Yes, he was trained by the League of Shadows, but Aragorn was raised by the Elves (who are immortal) and learned much of their wisdom, he's the descendant of the King so he has abilities beyond that of a normal man (including the ability to heal), he was considered the "greatest swordsman of the Third Age", and he's spent years learning stealth and the wilderness as a Dunadain Ranger. And yes, considering he's at least three times older than Bane, that gives him more experience on the technicality of battle.

I agree that Bane would most likely win given the parameters I set up, but if I changed the setting to a forest, I would go with Aragorn.
    Last edited by Ixion; 11-30-2012 at 02:20.

Finally You Are Free
    Depending on the circumstances both could win. Bane may get a skilled shot in with the sword, or Aragorn could instead. As someone who's read the books too, I think people don't understand just how skilled Aragorn is. He's an exceptional man; even Gandalf, who is thousands of years old, stated that Aragorn is extremely strong and gifted as a soldier.

In hand-to-hand Bane is the clear winner here. He's rock solid. Aragorn would go for the kill and Bane would probably break his neck. This in an an open arena sort of environment. In swordplay, though, I think they're roughly even. Bane would still be stronger, but I see Aragorn being quicker and more skilled.

If both were released into the woods at night, Aragorn would destroy Bane. Don't give me the 'Bane is the blah blah of darkness" $#@!. Aragorn is on superior terms here.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Depending on the circumstances both could win. Bane may get a skilled shot in with the sword, or Aragorn could instead. As someone who's read the books too, I think people don't understand just how skilled Aragorn is. He's an exceptional man; even Gandalf, who is thousands of years old, stated that Aragorn is extremely strong and gifted as a soldier.

In hand-to-hand Bane is the clear winner here. He's rock solid. Aragorn would go for the kill and Bane would probably break his neck. This in an an open arena sort of environment. In swordplay, though, I think they're roughly even. Bane would still be stronger, but I see Aragorn being quicker and more skilled.

If both were released into the woods at night, Aragorn would destroy Bane. Don't give me the 'Bane is the blah blah of darkness" $#@!. Aragorn is on superior terms here.
    I've read the books and I still think Bane would win.

Bane is being underestimated as a brute - but he's extremely smart and calculating also. Plus the League of Shadows training is nothing to whiff at - and does not have problems at doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to win.

Lol couldn't you say that about Aragorn? Both are equally skilled in the dark - at worst (for Bane).

Bane > Aragorn in 99% of scenarios. The only difference would be as to the margin of victory.

Finally You Are Free
    Aragorn has Numenorian blood, which makes him stronger than a normal man, and he showed the willpower to defy Sauron's might with the ring. Arguably Aragorn may be the most skilled warrior among men in Middle Earth. I'm not doubting Bane's skills, but it should be noted that Bane is still a very mortal man. I'm just saying people shouldn't doubt Aragorn's skills either.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Aragorn has Numenorian blood, which makes him stronger than a normal man, and he showed the willpower to defy Sauron's might with the ring. Arguably Aragorn may be the most skilled warrior among men in Middle Earth. I'm not doubting Bane's skills, but it should be noted that Bane is still a very mortal man. I'm just saying people shouldn't doubt Aragorn's skills either.
    But Bane isn't a normal man either.. And it's not like Aragorn is imm​ortal.

Finally You Are Free
    I didn't say or imply that Aragorn is immortal, and I think the word you're looking for is actually invincible. No, Aragorn can die. Bane can too. But you are wrong: Bane is a normal man. He is just as human as me or you. That's a simple fact. However, Aragorn is blessed with long life and the strength of men. In the books he would slew many orcs in battle, all of which are larger and stronger than a normal man.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I didn't say or imply that Aragorn is immortal, and I think the word you're looking for is actually invincible. No, Aragorn can die. Bane can too. But you are wrong: Bane is a normal man. He is just as human as me or you. That's a simple fact. However, Aragorn is blessed with long life and the strength of men. In the books he would slew many orcs in battle, all of which are larger and stronger than a normal man.
    I wasn't saying you were implying anything.

Long life yes - only if he lives a natural life. Can still die in battle. And yes, 100 orcs does not = Bane.

Unbound Mercenary
    Aragorn never posed the ring in his own hands, and witnessed its power personally as Boromir had. He simply turned it away while Frodo still held it.

And are you telling me you think Aragorn is stronger then Bane? No way, Bane smashed holes into concrete pillars, and the fact that he doesn't feel pain would put him in a major lead above Aragorn in a straight up fight.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I think the way to settle this is to pit Viggo Mortensen against Tom Hardy in an MMA match; but being in the physique of their respective characters.

Though, if Aragorn had a sword; wouldn't he just have to slice of Bane's breathing apparatus?

Finally You Are Free
    100 orcs would rape Bane. Don't be silly.

That's besides the point, though, as Aragorn never took on that many enemies at once anyways. Boromir had more than a dozen orcs dead at his feet when he was finally killed, and Aragorn was apparently stronger and more skilled than him. I imagine Aragorn could potentially take on 10-15 - maybe more - orcs at once and have a solid chance of surviving. That's impressive, especially when you remember that some of those orcs were Uruk-Hai, which have the strength to crush a man's skull.

If you think Bane will win then fine. It's just a fun thread over as hypothetical battle. I won't argue over it to a point. I just think you could reevaluate the abilities of Aragorn, because it seems to me that you are underestimating him.

26. Likes Silvy likes this post

Thread Information