Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3

Is it good to get a VITA now?

I think I have waited enough as I was bussy with my PC and spent so much money. Do you guys think its a good time to get a PSP VITA? Most likely I want to play Uncharted as I love so so so much the series. But do you guys think its worth it? My only concern about the PSP VITA is the memory. Iam a collecter which I do like to download lots of games and keep them even though I don't play them right away. But the memory price for VITA were for 59.99 16GB and for 32GB 99 which is kind high. What do you guys suggest?

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If the price is right, and the games are there, get it. You won't be sorry. I've loved it to death. I didn't like the the proprietary memory cards, so I haven't purchased any yet.

If you have PS+ already, it'll even be a sweeter deal.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Get it! PS+ means you just have to get the Vita and a nice big memory card and you won't have to buy many games. Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Mortal Kombat are already available (MK on Dec 5th actually).

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    In my case, I have a 4GB memory card just for gamesaves and buy all my games physically, as I prefer that than have them tied to a service.

Regardless the Vita is great and there is plenty of games on, and more to come. Of course, the longer you wait the more games will be out and theres also the potential price drop. But its up to you man. If you're itching for some high quality portable gaming, why wait? Its out now.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I'll advise you to do what I'm doing and that's wait for the price of the memory sticks to come down and maybe wait for some bigger ones to come out. When I get the VITA I want to go 100% digital.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Yeah especially this time Christmas eve s coming then it might have price drop

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I'll advise you to do what I'm doing and that's wait for the price of the memory sticks to come down and maybe wait for some bigger ones to come out. When I get the VITA I want to go 100% digital.
    That's probably the best thing to do if the mem prices are too much for anyone that wants it.

Dedicated Member
    This is a useful thread. I've been keeping an eye on the Vita especially since it kept creeping into the black Friday deals and the adverts on TV look good.

The only thing that is stopping me is that I didn't make too much use of my PSP (ony really played Gran Turismo) so I can see the same thing happening again.

Credit to THUGGEDOUT for the Sig

Forum Elder
    I did the same thing with the psp. In my case I didnt like it though.

Imo the twin sticks are what makes it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    You are right and you have got a good point which I have missed it. I will wait during the christmas time and for sure there is going to be sale on VITA stuff.

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The best sales just past. You might be able to find a bundle at the $249 price still though. Otherwise, prices go up when the demand is spiking. The closer we get to Xmas, the more the demand is to find a good deal.. therefore the prices are increased.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Well there is the January sales that start pretty much on Boxing Day..here in the UK at least.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    I bought my VITA on the released day and i must say its the best thing i done get your hands on a VITA and the highist memory card there is PS VITA = HAPPYNESS

I just bought FIFA FOOTBALL and i must say its the bloody best football game i ever played good graphics and awesome game play, i like it better then playing football games on the PS3 I MUST SAY
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Yeah I'd get it round now. Some pretty good games out now.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Iam keeping en eye on the prices and the there was 1 bundle but it didn't interest me at all I hope there will be a price cut on the memory so I can get th 32GB.

Elite Guru
    With PS+ and a significant back catalogue of excellent PSP/PSOne games to play, I've no problem recommending the Vita for 'on the go' gaming. Or in bed. Or on the toilet.

17. Likes F34R likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    When you get your VITA on the PSN store you can download Paint Park (FOR FREE) its good you can draw stuff thats how i put a christmas hat on my girl avatar lol
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

I am now lending some money this coming Christmas I hope more good games would sale.

PSN ID
    SamiFFXII
    I'm a new member here, but i recently got a VITA a couple of weeks back. I was just like you, if anything i was cynical towards it, i felt there wasn't enough of a game catalogue, the proprietary memory sticks cost far too much as well. Well one day i saw a deal, 200 for the VITA, 4gb memory card and ACIII: Liberation. So i thought, with the disposable cash, why not. I'm loving it, i used to be a hardcore gamer, but it's been months since i've used my PS3 for anything other than updating it and Netflix. I bought a 32gb memory card, and signed up to PSPlus, and tbh it's the best thing i've bought in ages. I'm satisfied with the integration of the PS Plus and the good amount of games, in addition i got UNCHARTED GOLDEN ABYSS and GRAVITY RUSH for free!! Well worth it in my opinion and it'll continue to be worth it as it grows hopefully. I say there is no point in waiting, you can get a VITA now and just buy the games and not download digitally until the memory cards become cheaper. I have no qualms about purchasing it.

Have a nice day.

Thread Information