Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    PlayStation Omni

Makes me think of...

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Don't abuse the smilies. ~Blacksite.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-02-2012 at 08:09.
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Apprentice
    I am very doubtful of the power estimated here. 4-6 times what the WiiU has? How much is that anyway? We don't even know. I suspect they believe its 600 Gflops. 4 times that is 2.4 Tflops and 6 times that is 3.6 Tflops. That makes sense. Now saying that XB3 will be 2-3 times more powerful than PS Omni is absurd. Its likely based on the theory that PS4 will only utilize 1 APU for the system with roughly 1.0 Tflop of processing power. There is no way that is true.

I expect 1-2 APUs + a GPU on the side.

Everything else though sounds plausible to some extent, but still not certain.

If XB3 has 8 cores and 16 threads do you think Sony would just let it go with that or try to compete? We could see just APUs in PS4. Say 3-4 APUs? I expect the APUs to pack at least 1 Tflop in them. You never really know. E3 2013 has got me very excited so far.

I expect nothing less than 2.6 Tflops from Sony and Microsoft. For someone to claim Sony would not breach beyond 1 Tflop is amazing to me.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFire View Post
    I am very doubtful of the power estimated here. 4-6 times what the WiiU has? How much is that anyway? We don't even know. I suspect they believe its 600 Gflops. 4 times that is 2.4 Tflops and 6 times that is 3.6 Tflops. That makes sense. Now saying that XB3 will be 2-3 times more powerful than PS Omni is absurd. Its likely based on the theory that PS4 will only utilize 1 APU for the system with roughly 1.0 Tflop of processing power. There is no way that is true.

I expect 1-2 APUs + a GPU on the side.

Everything else though sounds plausible to some extent, but still not certain.

If XB3 has 8 cores and 16 threads do you think Sony would just let it go with that or try to compete? We could see just APUs in PS4. Say 3-4 APUs? I expect the APUs to pack at least 1 Tflop in them. You never really know. E3 2013 has got me very excited so far.

I expect nothing less than 2.6 Tflops from Sony and Microsoft. For someone to claim Sony would not breach beyond 1 Tflop is amazing to me.
    Latest rumour from Marcan (the guy who hacked Wii U and reveal CPU clock numbers) says that Xbox 720 has CPU cores clocked at 1.6GHz.
    the plot thickens

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    We can throw this on the pile along with all the other speculation regarding next gen. I take these articles with a pinch of sale these days.
    Same here. I read these articles mostly for the laughs.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Chances are good that Microsoft and Sony know almost exactly what the other will be using hardware wise, and if there's any real difference in power it will come down to their traditional strengths being catered to in a way that probably balances out. Much like this generation.

Dedicated Member

Yeah, this kinda sounds sketchy to me. The head mount thing would be nice and all, if it didn't currently cost more than 2 PS3s right now. I don't see it being included in that price point either. Some features sound like nice ideas, (The resolutions they mention... really?) but again there are quite a few spelling errors (Duoshock?) and I don't know about the dongle for backwards compatibility. Sounds like overall BS with a few attempts at starting a flame war thrown in! We'll find out soon enough anyway! I do hope for BC though. BTW, I had that omni bot in the photo!! HA! It was cool at the time. It did cost a fortune back then too.

Dedicated Member
    Items PlayStation
    One question for those who was around before the ps3/360 unveils back in 05... How outrageous were the rumors leading up to the systems back then?
    PSN ID - DweetRight

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by dc writer View Post
    One question for those who was around before the ps3/360 unveils back in 05... How outrageous were the rumors leading up to the systems back then?
    They wasn't outrageous really, I mean the actual reveal turn out to be more powerful (on paper) then expected
    Cell BB was/is a very powerful processor
    I remember they did a demo of its sound capabilities which had leafs flying around and each leaf had its own audio channel (Cell was/is good at that)
    The GPU was very powerful too for the time the specs was announced but become downgraded and aged by time release
    Ram was decreased too, all in all the PS3 was more then we expected but the end result wasn't due to what was downgraded for costs
    All in all the rumors before its announcement wasn't as powerful (on paper) as the first specs announced, what they could do though was a little OTT
    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 12-04-2012 at 14:20.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I'm willing to bet that if the PS4 releases Winter 2013 it will be announced before E3, because that is a bit too late to announce it. I'm thinking maybe GDC or a special event.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    They wasn't outrageous really, I mean the actual reveal turn out to be more powerful (on paper) then expected
    Cell BB was/is a very powerful processor
    I remember they did a demo of its sound capabilities which had leafs flying around and each leaf had its own audio channel (Cell was/is good at that)
    The GPU was very powerful too for the time the specs was announced but become downgraded and aged by time release
    Ram was decreased too, all in all the PS3 was more then we expected but the end result wasn't due to what was downgraded for costs
    All in all the rumors before its announcement wasn't as powerful (on paper) as the first specs announced, what they could do though was a little OTT
    Sent via Codec
    Yeah, the rumors were tame compared to what Krazy Ken announced at E3 2005. lol

Not only were the specs higher than what we received, but the pre-rendered tech demos like Killzone 2 set the expectations too high. It certainly generated hype though.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I'm willing to bet that if the PS4 releases Winter 2013 it will be announced before E3, because that is a bit too late to announce it. I'm thinking maybe GDC or a special event.
    I strongly believe the PS4 will be announced next year but I just don't see releasing next year unless they announce it at this end of year event they are doing, which might explain why they are doing one out the blue
    Its just consoles (Sony ones) are usually a 2 E3 thing.
    1st event =Announcement + demos
    2nd event = Price, release date and launch games and all other info
    Though that can work if they announce it at this end of year event in a few weeks
    Announcing it at E3 then releasing seems a bit rushed

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    What end of year event?
    Trophy-licious!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    What end of year event?
    The only event I'm aware of are the VGAs.

Soldier 95B
    Announced spring released fall 2013.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

PSN ID
    shingi70
    I dunno why but I'm expecting a tease of the 720 at the VGAs. Microsoft is pushing it pretty damn hard this year by livestreaming it on xbox live and putting smartglass intergration in there as well.

It just seems like microsoft is pushing its fanbase to watch it for a reason.

I've been thinking for a while now that microsofts time table will look like this.

VGAs- tease of the console leaving people wanting more
    GDC- the usually march X event is going to be there to show off the console and some OS stuff.
    E3- Full Blowout of software

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Superior Member
    team sony ftw
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    I dunno why but I'm expecting a tease of the 720 at the VGAs. Microsoft is pushing it pretty damn hard this year by livestreaming it on xbox live and putting smartglass intergration in there as well.

It just seems like microsoft is pushing its fanbase to watch it for a reason.

I've been thinking for a while now that microsofts time table will look like this.

VGAs- tease of the console leaving people wanting more
    GDC- the usually march X event is going to be there to show off the console and some OS stuff.
    E3- Full Blowout of software

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    That makes perfect sense. On the other hand they could just/also be trying to convince us of it's (smatglass) legitimacy. Actual content that the users care about. Though things are pointing in that direction.
    Last edited by D3seeker; 12-05-2012 at 04:08.

PSN ID
    JPingo
    Looking forward to the PS4 & Xbox 720.
    Last edited by thebrute; 12-05-2012 at 19:07.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Would this be called Playstaion Omni/Orbis , or just simply 'Omni' or 'Orbis'?

The latter would be silly.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post

They just need to call it the PlayStation AwesomeBox...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    They just need to call it the PlayStation AwesomeBox...
    I think the 'box' would pretty misleading to some people.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I think the 'box' would pretty misleading to some people.
    Yeah, I didn't think about that...how about PlayStation Super Awesome Machine #1?

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave

There is no way they will drop the Playstation name, it holds too much strength to just ditch it. Whatever it is called Playstation will be part of the name. Playstation 4/Playstation Omni/Playstation Orbis

Anyway, we know now with the Vita that Sony aren't scared to use random names.

Also get the feeling if they use numbers again they might change it up slightly and change they way the number is said..maybe roman numerals or something. (Playstation IV)
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 12-06-2012 at 14:22.
    Trophy-licious!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Playstation omni?

Idk we'll see

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information