Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice

UPLAY: is live on the eshop Do you need it what does it do for wii u

Today November 30th 2012 the eshop on the wii u got a update which finally included the long waited uplay features which are now functioning

So what is uplay uplay is a rewards system and dlc store for the Ubi soft titles on the nintendo wii u.

Spec's:

Uplay app

launched november 2012

size 46 mb

what does the rewards system do???

Ubisoft once signed up for the uplay service which is free the uplay channel will give you stuff to do in your game to earn uplay coins which can be exchanged for exclusive unlockables in your game.

example: To earn 30 Uplay coins in just dance 4 you have to play sweat mode

once you play sweat mode the game will say congratulations you unlocked a achievement as long as you are signed on to uplay.

Is uplay needed.

Yes certain unlockables cannot be achieved without uplay which i do find kinda stupid to rig a game but from this company i would expect it.

How do i sign up

www.uplay.com

once signed into play in my game do i have to resign in every time.

No once you sign in your signed in every time you launch the game that uses it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think I'll get into Ubi games that require their service to be used for achievements.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sounds similar to what konami did with Metal Gear online. Which many didnt like.
    Also this only aplies to Ubi games will other game companies require you to use their services too?

Not a fan of Uplay.
    I bought a PC game (splinter cell conviction) on Steam and it requires Uplay.
    I log into steam click splintercell icon which loads up Uplay then I can play it.
    But I cannot load up Uplay bypassing steam if I do my game isn't there.
    Last edited by keefy; 11-30-2012 at 15:31.

Thread Information