Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin

Are you a philosophical person?

I tend to think and reflect a lot. I like hanging with people who are the same, because usually I feel like people who aren't philosophical just think you're talking a lot of crap and just don't give a damn about what you're saying. I'm also crazy about history, and usually people who are philosophical tend to like history as well.

I'm good at adjusting to different people though, and sometimes I don't mind just talking about less deep subjects. Infact, I like to sometimes just think less, even with my philosophical friends, and just talk about shallow crap.

When I'm high for example, I actually tend to like shallow conversations. Sure excessively deep conversations do turn up from time to time, depending who I'm getting high with, but overall I like just talking about useless subjects During the rush though I tend to just utter retarded phrases that make no sense, and hardly pay attention to what anyone is saying I guess getting high is sort of an escape from this deep ass thinking that I have when I'm sober ;p

Any way, are you a philosophical person? And if you are, do you also prefer hanging with ppl who are the same ?

edit: should have added a poll! (i know how pointless it would be, but since i'm bored statistics would actually be interesting. also gives the non-philosophical ppl a chance to contribute fuuuck! *tries to find an option to add poll*)
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 12-01-2012 at 01:47.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I must say that i am a very philosophical person as well. I sometimes really like just sitting somewhere and reflect about life.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Lol. The last part just sounded kinda funny somehow xD "sit somewhere" lol.

What's your favourite subject to talk about ? Just life in general ?

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Lol. The last part just sounded kinda funny somehow xD "sit somewhere" lol.

What's your favourite subject to talk about ? Just life in general ?
    Yeah just life in general, analyse some details and wonder how the function in life. Also religion is something that i make a lot of thoughts about. I would like to have overall more time to do that.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    I think by myself really, my friends aren't really the ''thinker type'' and I am very different than them. They're more or less extroverts who like to hang around a lot, while I enjoy being by myself and thinking things through. That's how I charge my batteries.

Learn to do signatures here

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Yeah just life in general, analyse some details and wonder how the function in life. Also religion is something that i make a lot of thoughts about. I would like to have overall more time to do that.
    Awesome. I'm totally not interested in religion at all to be honest. History of religion though, that's different. I personally never really analyze life that much, although I do question conformity sometimes. But I bet we'd make good friends. I like listening to what other people have to say (i'm very psychologist-ish, besides my philosophicalness ;p)

Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    I think by myself really, my friends aren't really the ''thinker type'' and I am very different than them. They're more or less extroverts who like to hang around a lot, while I enjoy being by myself and thinking things through. That's how I charge my batteries.
    Sounds like you're hanging out with the wrong people. You shouldn't be introvertial just because your friends aren't "thinkers". $#@! them dude, sometimes you're just gonna have to force your philosophicalness on other people even if they might not seem interested. You shouldn't have to hide something that's part of you. Sharing your epic philosophicalness can actually inspire people you thought weren't deep thinkers. And if anyone should be extrovertial it's philosophical people, not the other way around ;p

It's nice to have friends from time to time who actually genuinly appreciate that philosophicalness though. But I'm not blaming you for not finding the right people. Out of like 10 friends I regularly hang out with, 3 are philosophical like me. 1 is a very old friend, but the other 2 I became friends with out of pure coincidence (through my brother actually).

I kinda understand now why philosophical people from the past were usually kinda lonely (considering the population was way smaller, which made the chances of finding someone like yourself really tiny). They felt like no one gave a damn about what they thought about.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 12-01-2012 at 17:09.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I could be a philosophical person I have a lot of friends and even my little bro that they are "thinkers" while I do enjoy those conversation when we do have them I'm not they type of person to sit back and reflect on the past and things I've done. I have a keep it going mentality.

Most of the conversations I have on a daily basis are shallow bs convo's especially at work. Even when I'm out its the same convo 4 or 5 times that night.

The times I do think its always about what I can do at this moment that will help me going forward or about things I need to get done or to just set short term goals for myself.

Just because someone is a thinker doesn't mean your a loner that's an whole other issue especially now a days.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I tend to think that way as well. Mainly on what I really want to do in life and my family.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Friendship is Carrots
    My cousin and I will discuss life, the universe, and everything during lunch at the college. We'll talk of reality and morality and systematic change while eating omelets. :Y
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

10. Likes Silvy likes this post
    El Presidente
    I think about a lot of mostly random things when I'm bored. I do talk to myself because hearing it helps me work through it.

Such as: you can't tell me that we don't have some technology we can create to capture CO2 in the atmosphere. Cut down emissions but also take what is there out. There must be something.

And why don't we take garbage from landfills and launch it it space straight towards the sun? We won't have crap here and the sun burns it all up. Problem solved.

How come we can't just have everyone start over with the economy? Reset everyones debt to zero and start over. Nobody would owe anyone anything so what's the problem? They say you can't stop the economy but WE creates it ans we can and should be able to change it at will. It's not a raging beast, it's an idea basically, it's not a tangible object it's made up!

Why fight each other? We're all in this world together so let's pool resources for the advancement of everyone and exploring the universe. Who cares about what political party or religion reins supreme? I don't.

I don't take into account cost or anything when I think about stuff because I see that as a poor excuse for why something shouldn't be done. Don't tell me it's too much work that's just lazy!

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I don't know, am I? I'll go ponder this existentialist question in the shower.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post

Why fight each other? We're all in this world together so let's pool resources for the advancement of everyone and exploring the universe. Who cares about what political party or religion reins supreme? I don't.

lol! that makes me think of a phrase that usually turns up when i'm high. force everyone to smoke weed, and there would be no violence and war =D

Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Don't tell me it's too much work that's just lazy!
    Try telling me that when I'm high! xD

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Just because someone is a thinker doesn't mean your a loner that's an whole other issue especially now a days.
    That's not really what I meant. Basically what I meant is that being deep thinking and philosophical is actually quite unique, as in like one in every 10th person. And considering the population was like 1/10th of what it is nowadays, it's kinda easy to understand why famous philosophers in the past used to like spending time alone, or were just straight up loners (because they prolly felt like no one gave a crap about their thoughts) etc.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 12-01-2012 at 17:12.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I am, i think all the time about life, family, friends and gaming

It's in are nature to think about this stuff... Because if we do not

Then life is a bit non-reflective

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    You would have to factor in the social climate as well. I would imagine back in those time if you were a free thinker and didnt conform to legislation of the time you could be punished. I just cant accept the simple thought of these "great" thinker were loners because of that one factor. Not saying that was 100% of what you were implying

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Unbound Mercenary
    Not really. I don't like to talk about the deep feelings of other people. I do for good friends, but usually avoid it because I am just not that kind of person.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    You would have to factor in the social climate as well. I would imagine back in those time if you were a free thinker and didnt conform to legislation of the time you could be punished. I just cant accept the simple thought of these "great" thinker were loners because of that one factor. Not saying that was 100% of what you were implying
    Mate was not implying anything...

Just was thinking my way of thinking.... That we all sometimes sit back and reflect about everything in general

Maybe not on life. Others reflect on the last pair of high heels bought or what celeb is in rehab etc....

But those that are open minded to the world outside the celeb, buy buy, need to know every bodies news

BOX

we us on the forum can think beyond this and understand that life is a risk, challenge, highs and lows, pro and a con, short and long etc... etc...

We accept all of this and still grace this planet with are views, opinions and human nature approach to the world and humans around us and we accept all things in front of us
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    ^I think he was talking to me cladu3, lol.

And yes, I kind of agree with you Devious.

19. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    I think i am too much that way to be honest. (Philosophical) I'm always thinking of the past, future, and generally talking to my teacher and cousin about life/History. It's one of my favorite things to do. I think i overdo it sometimes because i get scared of the future a lot of times. I wish i didn't do it as much as i do, but i often find myself in a deep thought.If you want to talk to any person that's a philosophical person then i would suggest tutukam(spelled wrong), or me.I always thought he was that type of person. I don't speak to him as much as like, but he is a easy person to have a conversation with.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    I think i overdo it sometimes because i get scared of the future a lot of times. I wish i didn't do it as much as i do, but i often find myself in a deep thought.
    don't hold back on it dude it's a gift!

i would never want to be a shallow empty thinker (:

Thread Information