Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat

New Ubisoft survey talks next Assassinís Creed title, could ship next year with co-op

Ubisoft has sent out a new survey in which it probes potential routes of development for the next Assassinís Creed title.

The survey asks a series of questions, questions that cover the release of Assassinís Creed III, general satisfaction with gameplay/combat/sequences/story arch, as well as probing for interest in potential features for a future Assassinís Creed game. The survey also attempts to gauge participants interest in potential future outings with Desmond, the general interest in Connor returning for another title and even a potential re-visit to the Revolution/Frontier.

One survey question is directly engineered to asses sparticipants interest in potential co-op features in a future title and specifically asks if gamers would like the ďpossibility for a friend to join the game in order to helpĒ with missions, puzzles and more.

Another question aims to find out whether a yearly release would be welcomed:

Ubisoft also asks those participating in the survey to rate their experiences with other franchises too:

Would you like to see co-op in the next Assassinís Creed game? Or would you like to see a greater inspiration taken from games like Uncharted 3?
    Ubisoft, wat r u doin? Ubisoft! Stahp!
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Super Elite
    Is this game the new cash cow now then?
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Looks like there going to do a A.C 2 sub release as in Brotherhood and Revelations spin offs thought I didnt mind Brotherhood I did think Revelations really should of been a full add on I am currently playing it and I am a little bored of it more so than AC2 and AC:BH.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Is this game the new cash cow now then?
    Looks like that's what they're trying to do. Will certainly kill the franchise though.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Apprentice
    I'm skeptical but open minded.

PSN ID
    SamiFFXII
    Tbh the franchise seemed killed when they began releasing yearly instalments, this time they were saved due to the ACIII but i don't know whether this whole yearly instalment thing will work, it'll be a case of COD but without the sales numbers.

Apprentice
    Dude AC was so fresh when it first hit the market... I bought it day 1 but played it this year (played the entire franchise this year). But it seems they're thinking of destroying the game.

I'm a very open minded person. I like the DMC reboot, and I love the new coop feature of Dead Space 3. I could think of a coop in an AC game - could work. But only online-coop, no splitscreen. Like Dead Space 3.

I'd want to see another game with Connor. He was a GREAT character. I loved the difference in his personality: so humble and nice to people, a sense for justice and respect for every single life, grounded to nature and all that stuff, but on the other hand he could be very rage-filled, and extremely brutal. But he was an Assassin with mercy. Altair didn't have much mercy when it came to Templar informants or spies... He always killed them. Ezio killed most Templars but wasn't 100% without mercy. But Connor had mercy. I liked this contrast between humble/grounded to nature/nice and just to everyone/helps wherever he can and brutal/rage/vengeance/killing-machine but WITH mercy.

In my opinion, Connor gets too much hate. He is very different, but not any less cool or likeable than Ezio or Altair. Connor needs a second game in my opinion. Oh and by the way - I LOVED Haytham Kenway. What a GREAT character. One of the most interesting characters ever created in video games in my opinion. I'd like to see much more of his life. SPOILER ABOUT AC3:

Connor needs a second game IMO. Flashbacks to Haytham's earlier life before AC3 would be cool (flashbacks through Connor's DNA) and all that stuff. I want more Connor. He could become my favourite of all the three Assassin's we could play (I didn't include Desmond) so far if he got a second game where we see even more of his personality and motives. There were some plotholes in AC3 IMO. There's still a lot to be told about Connor (and Haytham too).

New AC? Bring it on!

Thread Information