Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 103
  1. #26
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    You just said earlier that the framerate kept you from ordering it but now suddenly youre ordering it for achievements? lol Not trying to start anything with you it just seemed odd. But you probably have a well above average gamer score.
    no, not ordering it for the achievements alone, just saying why 360 over PS3. i.e. if trophies were as good. PS3 would be the version i got.

    add to that the fact that F34R said it still played just fine, then i decided to get it. just didn't want to take the chance if the frame rate ruined the game.

    also, because of me waiting that short time, i was able to order the game for £5, would have been the same price on either system, but achievements > trophies

  2. #27
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    no, not ordering it for the achievements alone, just saying why 360 over PS3. i.e. if trophies were as good. PS3 would be the version i got. add to that the fact that F34R said it still played just fine, then i decided to get it. just didn't want to take the chance if the frame rate ruined the game. also, because of me waiting that short time, i was able to order the game for £5, would have been the same price on either system, but achievements > trophies
    Oh ok thats understandable. Fair enough.

  3. #28
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can try and put some videos up if anyone needs to see 'em. There's probably videos already on youtube to get an idea.




  4. #29
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I was gonna say why TD would say that (PS3 being the version to get) but Rad nailed it To honest Rad most people that go on about framerates can't really tell the difference between 25-45 fps In fact it only becomes noticeable if its below 18fps or above 50fps The only thing noticeable is radical drops and jumps in framerates if its steady its no problem Sent via Codec
    Very true.

  5. #30
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,938
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,481 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I will say this though. 5FPS difference at 50 vs 55 isnt going to be noticed but at 15 v 20 yes it can and very easy.
    The lower the framerate the easier it is to notice the differences.

  6. #31
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10,055
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    43,954 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    To honest Rad most people that go on about framerates can't really tell the difference between 25-45 fps
    In fact it only becomes noticeable if its below 18fps or above 50fps
    The only thing noticeable is radical drops and jumps in framerates if its steady its no problem
    Sent via Codec
    i disagree, there is a noticeable difference between 25 and 30 yet alone 25 and 45. As soon as something is bellow 30 you can feel it straight away, it feels like a powerpoint presentation. Some people are less affected by frame rates but that doesn't mean the difference isn't there.

    I remember when people would say that we can't tell the difference with anything above 60fps. I then got my 120Hz monitor and can tell the difference when something is running at 110fps and drops down to 80fps. Get used to gaming at a consistent frame rate be it 60, 90 or 120fps and you'll get a lot more sensitive when your game drops fps. I'd go as far to say if you were used to gaming even at 60fps on every game you probably wouldn't want to play a game at 30fps ever again.

  7. #32
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    i disagree, there is a noticeable difference between 25 and 30 yet alone 25 and 45. As soon as something is bellow 30 you can feel it straight away, it feels like a powerpoint presentation. Some people are less affected by frame rates but that doesn't mean the difference isn't there.

    I remember when people would say that we can't tell the difference with anything above 60fps. I then got my 120Hz monitor and can tell the difference when something is running at 110fps and drops down to 80fps. Get used to gaming at a consistent frame rate be it 60, 90 or 120fps and you'll get a lot more sensitive when your game drops fps. I'd go as far to say if you were used to gaming even at 60fps on every game you probably wouldn't want to play a game at 30fps ever again.
    The last Forza (apparently 60) and the new Forza (apparently 30). I cant really tell the difference.

  8. #33
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10,055
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    43,954 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You can't tell the difference between 30 and 60?

    Just as i said in my first post, some are more affected by it than others i suppose.

  9. #34
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    The last Forza (apparently 60) and the new Forza (apparently 30). I cant really tell the difference.
    You are not the only one. Not only can I not see 3D, but I don't notice the difference between 30 and 60 either. I imagine if I looked for it, or if someone showed me a video comparing the two in a specific game, then I would probably see it.

    Then again, I am NOT much into noticing the differences between 720p and 1080p either. I know I don't have the best eyes though.

  10. #35
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    The last Forza (apparently 60) and the new Forza (apparently 30). I cant really tell the difference.
    Yep same here.

  11. #36
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,820
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,257 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I really couldn't give any less of a $#@! about frame rates. I played through PS3 Bayonetta 2.5 times. I have NEVER played a game with a frame rate that took anything away from my enjoyment. I guess I just care more about the world that the game immerses me in and not a few varying frames p/s. I've never needed graphical prowess to make my gaming. However, I have my own requirements, so understand those who rate FPS as something that's important
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-03-2012 at 17:32.

  12. #37
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    20,896
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    29,525 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    iam skiping this game

  13. #38
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I really couldn't give any less of a $#@! about frame rates. I played through PS3 Bayonetta 2.5 times. I have NEVER played a game with a frame rate that took anything away from my enjoyment. I guess I just care more about the world that the game immerses me in and not a few varying frames p/s. I've never needed graphical prowess to make my gaming. However, I have my own requirements, so understand those who rate FPS as something that's important
    Agreed. Plus I've watched alot of PS3 gameplay videos on You Tube and it seemed fine to me.

  14. #39
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,505
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    13,024 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    i disagree, there is a noticeable difference between 25 and 30 yet alone 25 and 45. As soon as something is bellow 30 you can feel it straight away, it feels like a powerpoint presentation. Some people are less affected by frame rates but that doesn't mean the difference isn't there.

    I remember when people would say that we can't tell the difference with anything above 60fps. I then got my 120Hz monitor and can tell the difference when something is running at 110fps and drops down to 80fps. Get used to gaming at a consistent frame rate be it 60, 90 or 120fps and you'll get a lot more sensitive when your game drops fps. I'd go as far to say if you were used to gaming even at 60fps on every game you probably wouldn't want to play a game at 30fps ever again.
    Ridge Racer 1 ran at 25fps, that wasn't a powerpoint presentation, it was a fast arcade racer, & why oh why do people mention refresh rates? Fps & Hz although the same have totally different effects, if you have a game running at 30fps on 120Hz TV the game doesn't became 120Fps, the thing you are doing is messing up the framerate by increasing the speed the picture is refreshed which which is fine when its stable especially locked at 60fps but if ain't it sometimes misses frames or in the case of framerate rates dropping missing loads of frames, thats why you can notice it worse then others because it is worse, and I thought you of all people would know this.

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  15. #40
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10,055
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    43,954 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Ridge Racer 1 ran at 25fps, that wasn't a powerpoint presentation,
    it was a fast arcade racer,
    Have you played it since? It doesn't feel like a fast arcade racer any more and i haven't played the first game in over 5 years

    & why oh why do people mention refresh rates? Fps & Hz although the same have totally different effects, if you have a game running at 30fps on 120Hz TV the game doesn't became 120Fps,
    Where did i say that playing games on a 120Hz monitor increased the framerate for the game? All it does is increase the amount of frames my computer can display. Now my Computer can display upto 120Fps without screen tearing. It's not magically gaining me any additional FPS.

    the thing you are doing is messing up the framerate by increasing the speed the picture is refreshed which which is fine when its stable especially locked at 60fps but if ain't it sometimes misses frames or in the case of framerate rates dropping missing loads of frames, thats why you can notice it worse then others because it is worse, and I thought you of all people would know this.
    I'd agree with you expect your point only really works with a 60Hz TV.

    My point still stands, some people aren't affected by frame rates (Look at S95B and Yungstar) in the slightest and/or don't care about them. Then there are those of us that are affected by frame rate drops/lack of consistency. My point being I can understand why someone would go for the game that kept a more stable frame rate, even if it is only a 'marginal' 5 extra frames a second, those additional frames make a big difference to me personally
    Last edited by BBK..; 12-03-2012 at 19:51.

  16. #41
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,938
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,481 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    TGO what are you talking about?
    120Hz just updates the screen twice as fast meaning tearing is going to be less and input lag will be less if vsync is enabled and your computer can manage 120FPS in a game.


    I recorded this demo in AG2 (a free source engine mod) and rendered it a varying frame rates 15-20 & 15-30 should be easy to spot but 30 to 60 may be a lttle harder, but if you look closely it is far smoother picture when the fast motion and fast turns happen and thats the benefit.

    Each file is no bigger than 25MB

    15FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/15fps.avi

    20FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/20fps.avi

    30FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/30fps.avi

    60FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/60fps.avi
    Last edited by keefy; 12-03-2012 at 20:06.

  17. #42
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,820
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,257 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Play games or debate over 5 FPS...Hmmm...Which is the most sensible, keeping in mind that each second passed is one second closer to death...Is this really a necessary use of your life?

  18. #43
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Play games or debate over 5 FPS...Hmmm...Which is the most sensible, keeping in mind that each second passed is one second closer to death...Is this really a necessary use of your life?
    This.^ All this bickering over 5fps in a video game. I'll take the play games option.

  19. #44
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10,055
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    43,954 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Play games or debate over 5 FPS...Hmmm...Which is the most sensible, keeping in mind that each second passed is one second closer to death...Is this really a necessary use of your life?
    Same can be said when your debating meaningless exclusive game lists

    Are we not on a forum to discuss gaming and all things gaming?


    BBK. Tapatalking

  20. #45
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,938
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,481 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I am not trying to prove a point or bicker only help those that say they cannot notice a difference. Maybe with the all the vids tiled on the screen (they should fit on 1080p) it should be easy to see which is smoother and which is like a strobe light.
    If still cannot notice it then you have worse eyes than me and I have worn glasses since I was 3 years old.

  21. #46
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,820
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,257 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Same can be said when your debating meaningless exclusive game lists

    Are we not on a forum to discuss gaming and all things gaming?


    BBK. Tapatalking
    You're speaking of the old Ghost New Ghost is too busy making PSU more badass to dabble in such BS . In any case, those lists were a lot more visible than 5 FPS lol

  22. #47
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,505
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    13,024 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    TGO what are you talking about?
    120Hz just updates the screen twice as fast meaning tearing is going to be less and input lag will be less if vsync is enabled and your computer can manage 120FPS in a game.


    I recorded this demo in AG2 (a free source engine mod) and rendered it a varying frame rates 15-20 & 15-30 should be easy to spot but 30 to 60 may be a lttle harder, but if you look closely it is far smoother picture when the fast motion and fast turns happen and thats the benefit.

    Each file is no bigger than 25MB

    15FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/15fps.avi

    20FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/20fps.avi

    30FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/30fps.avi

    60FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/60fps.avi
    I didn't mean that, I mean adjusting the refresh rate on a monitor or having a TV that has a high refresh rate isn't gonna change the framerate in the desired way
    Setting both the monitor and hardware to 120hz will if the game allows it

    Sorry Boybettaknow I assumed you did think that, well thats how it sounded
    I just keep hearing people say things like this game is running at 60hz when its 60fps which is silly cuz more or less all games these days run at 60Hz so thats annoying and I thought you was saying the same, my apologies
    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 12-03-2012 at 21:18.

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  23. Likes BBK.. likes this post
  24. #48
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    i disagree, there is a noticeable difference between 25 and 30 yet alone 25 and 45. As soon as something is bellow 30 you can feel it straight away, it feels like a powerpoint presentation. Some people are less affected by frame rates but that doesn't mean the difference isn't there.

    I remember when people would say that we can't tell the difference with anything above 60fps. I then got my 120Hz monitor and can tell the difference when something is running at 110fps and drops down to 80fps. Get used to gaming at a consistent frame rate be it 60, 90 or 120fps and you'll get a lot more sensitive when your game drops fps. I'd go as far to say if you were used to gaming even at 60fps on every game you probably wouldn't want to play a game at 30fps ever again.
    30fps drop (110fps to 80fps) is very sudden and you must be blind not to notice. On the contrary, the difference between 25 and 30 is very subtle.
    I only notice when it SUDDENLY drops for 30 to 22 for example. I agree with what Keefy said earlier, the difference is noticable in low framerates. 15 vs 25 is MUCH more noticeable than 45 vs 60
    Last edited by Itachi; 12-03-2012 at 21:51.

  25. #49
    Master Poster
    TheBreezyBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,475
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    18,170 (0 Banked)
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I can honestly say that the Console version looks like $#@! compared to the PC.




  26. #50
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,820
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,257 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    I can honestly say that the Console version looks like $#@! compared to the PC.
    I dare say this will come as a totally unexpected surprise to everyone!

  27. Likes Itachi likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.