Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    I can honestly say that the Console version looks like $#@! compared to the PC.
    I've seen the ads on TV and it don't look as good as the first batch of trailers (a bit rough, not as detailed) I wouldn't say it looks like $#@!
    More like the difference between a HD game and a Sub-hd game with bad AA then anything, except it is HD and just looks like Sub-hd lol
    I assume its the console version they was showing and the previous shots & trailers that was shown at E3 and that was the PC version
    But on that note I did believe the console versions would look like the old trailers, cuz we do have those quality graphics
    So the console version went from looking as good as the best looking console games to just ok
    I imagine it looks even better then we saw on max setting on PC
    funny thing is thats what I hate about PC games(the ability to customize the graphics)
    max setting on everything don't always look better to everyone and to me I end up spending most the time messing with the settings then playing the game lol
    Even on my PS3 I mess with the resolution and contrast, brightness etc on my TV just to get it to what I think looks good for that game
    The less I can fiddle with the better lol
    Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I dare say this will come as a totally unexpected surprise to everyone!
    Yeah well the PC elitists never pass on the chance to remind us anyway. lol

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah well the PC elitists never pass on the chance to remind us anyway. lol

lol

OT: This game looks great and has received awesome reviews. I just want to enjoy the game when I get it, I don't mind if it's inferior somehow. I will still enjoy the combat mechanics, exploration and side quests just as much.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    lol OT: This game looks great and has received awesome reviews. I just want to enjoy the game when I get it, I don't mind if it's inferior somehow. I will still enjoy the combat mechanics, exploration and side quests just as much.
    Yep same here. Looks great to me and seems like its going to be alot of fun. Picking it up tomorrow for the PS3.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm going to have to wait for this unfortunately. It's a forced bargain bin deal as opposed to a chosen one...

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm going to have to wait for this unfortunately. It's a forced bargain bin deal as opposed to a chosen one...
    Yeah I'm still very early into AC3 as well as some games I've been replaying but I'll get it anyway. lol

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I dare say this will come as a totally unexpected surprise to everyone!
    Well, this was on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I've seen the ads on TV and it don't look as good as the first batch of trailers (a bit rough, not as detailed) I wouldn't say it looks like $#@!
    More like the difference between a HD game and a Sub-hd game with bad AA then anything, except it is HD and just looks like Sub-hd lol
    I assume its the console version they was showing and the previous shots & trailers that was shown at E3 and that was the PC version
    But on that note I did believe the console versions would look like the old trailers, cuz we do have those quality graphics
    So the console version went from looking as good as the best looking console games to just ok
    I imagine it looks even better then we saw on max setting on PC
    funny thing is thats what I hate about PC games(the ability to customize the graphics)
    max setting on everything don't always look better to everyone and to me I end up spending most the time messing with the settings then playing the game lol
    Even on my PS3 I mess with the resolution and contrast, brightness etc on my TV just to get it to what I think looks good for that game
    The less I can fiddle with the better lol
    Sent via Codec
    I'm a gamer anyway. So i play on most platforms that appeal to me, and i wouldn't spend to much time fiddling with settings to keep myself from enjoying a game lol!!
    It's a great game to be enjoyed everywhere.

The only difference is the frame rates, and that could sometimes kill my enjoyment of the game.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I didn't mean that, I mean adjusting the refresh rate on a monitor or having a TV that has a high refresh rate isn't gonna change the framerate in the desired way
    Setting both the monitor and hardware to 120hz will if the game allows it

Sorry Boybettaknow I assumed you did think that, well thats how it sounded
    I just keep hearing people say things like this game is running at 60hz when its 60fps which is silly cuz more or less all games these days run at 60Hz so thats annoying and I thought you was saying the same, my apologies
    Sent via Codec
    Nobody knew what you mean because it made no sense.

Those vids I created were not to do with your post specifically just anyone that wanted to try to see if they could see the difference between various frame rates. But it seems no one has downloaded them to try.
    Last edited by keefy; 12-04-2012 at 12:19.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I had a look at 60 and 30.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

Those vids I created were not to do with your post specifically just anyone that wanted to try to see if they could see the difference between various frame rates. But it seems no one has downloaded them to try.
    The difference is night and day.

Soldier 95B
    FEAR, if you ever get a chance, you should check out the Xbox 360 version of Far Cry Instincts Predator. Maybe just rent it. It may seem dated by today's standards, but IMO, was a great title back in the day. The online multiplayer was great because of the custom maps.

Ancient

I tried but it don't take me to a download page it just trys to download as soon as I click on the link and fails, but I'm on my phone so lol

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    FEAR, if you ever get a chance, you should check out the Xbox 360 version of Far Cry Instincts Predator. Maybe just rent it. It may seem dated by today's standards, but IMO, was a great title back in the day. The online multiplayer was great because of the custom maps.
    Doing so now. Thanks.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

I downloaded 20, 30 and 60 fps files.
    Huge difference between 20 and 30, not so huge (but still a difference) in 30 and 60.

Playing with a mouse and keyboard requires higher fps to get the same fluidity. When playing with controllers 30fps is much more bearable. In fact I've always wanted to keep games at 30fps and focus on other stuff(physics, effects, geometry etc).

A stable 30 fps is much better than people give it credit for.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

I downloaded 20, 30 and 60 fps files.
    Huge difference between 20 and 30, not so huge (but still a difference) in 30 and 60.

Playing with a mouse and keyboard requires higher fps to get the same fluidity. When playing with controllers 30fps is much more bearable. In fact I've always wanted to keep games at 30fps and focus on other stuff(physics, effects, geometry etc).

A stable 30 fps is much better than people give it credit for.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Wouldve gotten it for PC but since PS3 is getting exclusive expansions it's a no brainer. Will download the PC version at a later date. Or might just wait for a GOTY/Ultimate edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Soldier 95B
    Not sure which to get it for. 360 wins this vs but like Aaron I might want that DLC.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Not sure which to get it for. 360 wins this vs but like Aaron I might want that DLC. Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    360 "wins" based on what again? PS3 "takes a big lead in texture filtering"(something thats being totally ignored in this thread while a measley 5fps difference that you'll probably not even notice is the main topic) and 360 has better tree shadows? And both have screen tearing.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-04-2012 at 23:29.

Soldier 95B
    The article.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The article. Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    I'm quoting the article. 360 SLIGHTLY better fps and better tree shadows and PS3 BIG LEAD in texture filtering. Fps difference is slight so you really have tree shadows vs texture filtering. Screen tearing is an issue for both.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-04-2012 at 23:42.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    360 "wins" based on what again? PS3 "takes a big lead in texture filtering"(something thats being totally ignored in this thread while a measley 5fps difference that you'll probably not even notice is the main topic) and 360 has better tree shadows? And both have screen tearing.
    I'm quoting the article. 360 SLIGHTLY better fps and better tree shadows and PS3 BIG LEAD in texture filtering. Fps is slight so you really have tree shadows vs texture filtering.
    That isn't quoting the article Rad. Sorry.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That isn't quoting the article Rad. Sorry.
    Yes it is. Sorry. Read it again. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...cry-3-face-off

Soldier 95B
    Ok wink

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I already read it, and no where did it say what you posted as your interpretation of the text that was in the article. Sorry.

The PS3 doesn't take a big lead in texture filtering; for starters.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Ok wink Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    Belive what you want. Thats why you bolded the parts that favored 360 but not the PS3 texture filtering part in the op. Wink.

Thread Information