Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My rule is simple. I watch the killcam to study my first death. From my perspective I may have fired 5 shots at the guy, but during the killcam video from his viewpoint I never fired a bullet, nor am I even facing him. This is when I quite the match as I know if I stay I will finish 2 - 45 (which has happened to me). My current K/D ratio is 1.59 (which isn't bad for someone who doesn't play a whole lot).

What pisses me off is aim assist, why the $#@! is that necessary? So everyone is on a level playing field? Screw that. If I can aim better than you so be it, that is what practice gives a person, better skills. Another thing I can't stand is the ability to so easily use snipers as close range weapons. That's a joke and allows easy 1 shot kills.

What gets me riled up even more are the guys who do nothing but run around and knife people.......I hate you.....

8 years and counting!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I haven't touched this game in a week just couldn't deal with lag comp and the frustration.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post

What gets me riled up even more are the guys who do nothing but run around and knife people.......I hate you.....
    I do that, and i love it! People always moan about people knifing them but they forget that we have to get near them to knife them in the first place.

What's that old saying? Don't bring a knife to a gun fight? We have the disadvantage from the get-go but people still cry when we stab them

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I haven't touched this game in a week just couldn't deal with lag comp and the frustration.
    You dont even have to deal with such games...

YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I do that, and i love it! People always moan about people knifing them but they forget that we have to get near them to knife them in the first place.

What's that old saying? Don't bring a knife to a gun fight? We have the disadvantage from the get-go but people still cry when we stab them
    I don't cry, but instead I scream in anger. There is nothing worse than running along and then out of no where a guy pops up and knifes you. The ability to lunge forward when knifing is a bit ridiculous, and I am guilty of being on both ends of this. If executed correctly you can lunge 10 feet easy and knife someone, before they even get to fire a shot at you.

8 years and counting!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    You dont even have to deal with such games...
    Yeah your right I shouldnt. I'm gonna sell it back soon just waiting to see if they'll fix it or something.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    I don't cry, but instead I scream in anger. There is nothing worse than running along and then out of no where a guy pops up and knifes you. The ability to lunge forward when knifing is a bit ridiculous, and I am guilty of being on both ends of this. If executed correctly you can lunge 10 feet easy and knife someone, before they even get to fire a shot at you.
    They removed the lunge in this game. More often than not these days I have to swipe my knife multiple times to actually get a hitmarker.

Knifing definitely takes skill to do in this game. You have to be patient with the knife, you need to plan your route of attack and hope for some luck along the way.

If you're dying by the knife a lot then most likely you're giving your opponent the perfect opportunities to knife you. Stay alert and stay away from tight corridors. Check behind you occasionally as they might have flanked around.

If you feel you have been lunged at, that may simply be due to lag comp. In previous games the lunge was clear. You would feel your character sort of stick to the other guy like a magnet when you'd knife them. On this game it feels so different.

YouTube Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    They removed the lunge in this game. More often than not these days I have to swipe my knife multiple times to actually get a hitmarker.

Knifing definitely takes skill to do in this game. You have to be patient with the knife, you need to plan your route of attack and hope for some luck along the way.

If you're dying by the knife a lot then most likely you're giving your opponent the perfect opportunities to knife you. Stay alert and stay away from tight corridors. Check behind you occasionally as they might have flanked around.

If you feel you have been lunged at, that may simply be due to lag comp. In previous games the lunge was clear. You would feel your character sort of stick to the other guy like a magnet when you'd knife them. On this game it feels so different.
    When I am playing and a guy is running at me with a knife and connects what would normally take 5 steps happens in 1, as he lunges at me. Many times when I lunge with a knife I will miss the target and lunge toward a wall, and then get shot in the back. lol

The lunging still exists to me and I notice it a lot actually. If you are within the perfect set distance from someone when you click down to knife you lunge forward much faster than actually running. It annoys the hell out of me....

8 years and counting!

Elite Guru
    Yeah I understand. Has happened to me sometimes too but I think that is down to lag or lag comp more than anything. Knifing is definitely a lot harder in this game than previous ones though.

From experience in previous games when I went to knife someone I would never miss, or very rarely miss at least. In this game I will miss a good chunk of my attempts.

I know what you mean though.

YouTube Editor
    It is to the point I have given up on knifing. It is because the knifing system is broken, or I just suck at it!

8 years and counting!

El Presidente
    I have to say I'm not real fond of the multiplayer. Single player I thought was great.

I'm terrible and I know it so I don't want to play a game I'm no good at. But this game is pretty outrageous. Going 3-18 is not uncommon. In fact its pretty normal.

I'll only play demolition, hardpoint, domination and sticks and stones. They took one in the chamber, my favorite mode from BO1 and ruined it! In BO1 the uav doesn't go up until there are 2 players left to prevent camping. Now it goes up at the beginning and runs the entire match so it's too easy to find others.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    I have to say I'm not real fond of the multiplayer. Single player I thought was great.

I'm terrible and I know it so I don't want to play a game I'm no good at. But this game is pretty outrageous. Going 3-18 is not uncommon. In fact its pretty normal.

I'll only play demolition, hardpoint, domination and sticks and stones. They took one in the chamber, my favorite mode from BO1 and ruined it! In BO1 the uav doesn't go up until there are 2 players left to prevent camping. Now it goes up at the beginning and runs the entire match so it's too easy to find others.
    I know you may not like it, but try TDM.. it is the game mode I find that there is the least amount of bull$#@! going on. Only downside is that it is harder to earn scorestreaks on TDM.

Domination has been my fav game mode in most COD's but this one is different. I don't really like playing it but I play it sometimes because I rank up quicker on it.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I know you may not like it, but try TDM.. it is the game mode I find that there is the least amount of bull$#@! going on. Only downside is that it is harder to earn scorestreaks on TDM.

Domination has been my fav game mode in most COD's but this one is different. I don't really like playing it but I play it sometimes because I rank up quicker on it.
    That's fine its a rare occurrence if I get a score streak anyway lol

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin326 View Post
    Yes the infamous bops1 magnetic grenades are back in this game. Those were one of the things that I got killed by the most last bops... same deal here. They are magnetic.
    I forget can they be picked up and thrown back?
    HL2 has something similar that tracks enemy but they can move alot faster however there is a way to defend against them by catching with the gravity gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post

The rage Probably Stems from Quake and the Humiliation sound bite Just add insult to injury.
    Practically every game I have played has had at least 1 server with this sound for when killed with melee that and Unreal's "Dominating" "Headshot" and so on.

Last edited by keefy; 12-29-2012 at 22:33.

Thread Information