Hybrid View

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

A New Console That Automatically Generates Games

Iím somewhat surprised by this new development- a new console known simply as the OTON X, from EnGeniux is looking to shake up the world of gaming by automatically creating games without the need for human input. The consoleís official website is making tremendous promises

Gamers crave challenge, unlimited game content, low cost games, and high quality games that wonít put them in the poor house!Ö Each OTON premium unit will ship with a built-in laser projection technology that allows gamers to project their custom game environments on any wall surface. The Star Trek holodeck is finally here!(Sort of!) Imagine requesting OTON to create your own personal simulated game environment and interacting with your projection! Even crazier -recreate certain times, events and places in history or explore the future with radical simulated projected environments!Ö We believe a game console should play anything, hence the name game console. OTON will support some of the most popular Android and Linux games that will be on OTON. The system will undergo updates regularly to support many game formats.

Iím not sure what to make of it, to be honest. Besides the automated game creation, the official site also promises that the machine will run a custom version of Ubuntu (a variant of Linux- the open source operating system that the folks at Valve are hard at work porting games to), along with supporting Android. Iím curious as to how this machine will work- the OTONís official site mentions ďQuad-core (4 + 1 power-saving core) Four CPU cores are built in the ARM Cortex-A9 micro-architecture, and are clocked at 1.2 MHzĒ, but arenít most games for Linux built for X86 CPUs?

My main concern regards the main feature- sure, level generation is nice, but how can this level generation create unique experiences like Chrono Trigger? It might make playable games, but the question remains as to whether or not theyíll be worth playing. Iím going to withhold additional commentary regarding that aspect of the system until I see the system in action.

On the other hand, supposing the customized version of Ubuntu is well made and somehow supports the games we know and love (most of the stuff from Humble Bundles should run on the OTON), this could be an excellent machine- perhaps it will be, in some form or another, the fabled Steam Box that weíre still waiting on. It seems to already have a leg up on the Ouya, and Iím hoping to see where the thing goes. Iím curious as to how some of the promised features will work, the full stats are available on the official site, Iím hoping to see the game creation engine at work. The OTON also promises to make it easy to create custom games-perhaps itíll be a starting point for up-and-coming developers? Stick with us for further coverage of the console- if it works, it could turn the world of gaming on its head.

Here also iS a link below to the full Q&A and full stats if the console from the official site

http://www.otonx.com/pages/faq

Here is a link below to the official website

http://www.otonx.com/

Here is the link below of the site I got this from

http://blackmannrobin.com/2012/12/01...nerates-games/

This sounds so co, if true

This will change gaming
    Last edited by claud3; 12-03-2012 at 01:43.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Finally You Are Free
    This won't work. You're telling me this can generate new game on the fly? By what established parameters? Can it learn from player input? Can we adjust variables? Even under best circumstances this sort of technology really isn't viable. Can this function otherwise on the Ubuntu side? Maybe some, but its special premise doesn't see practical to me.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 12-03-2012 at 04:30.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Sorry was having some trouble posting... all fixed now
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Impracticable?.... Sounds more like a wait and see type deal here! Sounds exiting!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Mmmmmmmm create your own game sounds like fun me want it give me
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    That sounds crazy. I wonder how it will work out?

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    That sounds crazy. I wonder how it will work out?
    Dont no but i do no that i want it i love making games

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Become a game designer then..lmao

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Become a game designer then..lmao
    Thats one thing i always dreamed of doing but fat chance lol

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Sounds like sega think tank for games back in the genesis days lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Sounds like one of those apps that says 1000 games in 1 ( and all 1000 suck)

What type of games are they talking about? console quality or mobile quality...

Master Guru
    We already have this on the PS3 though. It's called LittleBigPlanet.

But yeah, this sounds crazy. I wonder how they'd pull it off.

El Presidente
    Supports Android. So you get to play crappy phone games on the wall? Ok whatever I won't waste my money here.

I agree with Rapture I don't know how this would be possible. I can imagine the amount of bugs and glitches.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The NES cpu has more MHz!!!1!!

Thread Information