Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Wtf!? How did you get that ship?! Lol you didn't start today did you? Lol

Itachi, I was against subs buy the way I see it, DUST is free so for the sub fee I get two awesome connected games. I love EVE a lot.

Bill, I would be drop shipping already but the lack of wp reward is off putting. Its in the plans though. Love the idea of having mercs spawn right in the ship.

Apprentice

Apparently you can buy the subscription of the market with in game money. Never got around to trying. Hope they ramp up eve integration soon i want to shoot a ship out of space.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah, PLEX is a REALLY clever idea. CCP knows some people have a lot of time but not so much money, and some have a lot of money but not much time, and both want to make ISK to buy stuff. The person with a lot of real money buys PLEX and sells it on the market. The person with a lot of time (thus a lot of ISK) buys the PLEX for ISK. That person then essentially pays for his subscription with the money he has farmed in game, and the other guy gets to "buy" game money (ISK). I think it's great. In EVE your skills level up even when you're not playing. I don't mean like passive SP in DUST, they level up the same speed regardless if you're on or not cause it's kind of time based. If you logged on only to line up more skills to be learned you're still progressing as fast as a player who's active. The guy with a lot of money and little time then gets to level up without playing, and use PLEX to top up his in game ISK.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Just read over the guide Ghost made, and it's much appreciated.

CCP really needs to make the upgrade menus cooler and easier to look at though. Upgrade menus like the Sphere Grid for example make that aspect of the game more fun.

DUST just has a lot of small lettering clogged into the screen in black tabs.

Apprentice

I hate how the mail in dust works. That you hit x to send and square to select the type field has causd me to send so many empty messages.

6. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Just read over the guide Ghost made, and it's much appreciated.

CCP really needs to make the upgrade menus cooler and easier to look at though. Upgrade menus like the Sphere Grid for example make that aspect of the game more fun.

DUST just has a lot of small lettering clogged into the screen in black tabs.
    Yeah I hate having to come close to the TV to read the tiny font

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I have a 46" bravia, i sit about 6 ft away and can read it fine...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I have a 42" TV but my eye sight is pretty weak. I was exagerating when I said you have to move closer to read, but they need a menu overhaul

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Yeah, regardless, the menus need to be more user friendly. A lot of time is spent going through them with this game.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Wtf!? How did you get that ship?! Lol you didn't start today did you? Lol
    i've only been on for an hour or two

thats the starting ship for the AMARR empire
    its a small liltte dinky thing and the game has the gall to put you on a mission to show you just how tiny the ship is placing it alongside battleships and frigates

Yeah, regardless, the menus need to be more user friendly. A lot of time is spent going through them with this game.
    they've tried to keep it similar to EVE

by comparison, the Dust UI is extremely streamlined

after an hour with EVE's menu system:-

i then got a popup telling me something about inactive ships, attack blah, blah
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    I wanna join, anybody know how much this game weighs? i need to beat some games first to free up some space but i'll search for the PSU corp as soon as possible. Loved the closed beta so i'm anxious to see how it has improved (haven't played since summer)
    PSN: zswordsman
    Merc: Zaitsev Savior

13. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by zswordsman View Post
    i wanna join, anybody know how much this game weighs?
    2.6 gb

15. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    2.6 gb
    thanks! i barely have enough space so i'll download this right now.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    A couple small concerns that I hope get addressed soon:

Is it just me, or is there almost no dead zone on the right analog stick? Even with the sensitivity way down, aiming is extremely jittery. The slightest bit of movement sends my reticule way off. I mean, I'm getting used to it, but having proper (console) aiming is something that shouldn't be difficult to do now days, since pretty much every fps (cod, halo, far cry, resistance, etc) has it down nearly perfect.

The respawning system on Ambush is probably one of the worst I've ever seen. Granted, some of the maps are way too small for how many players the put in it, but it's still bad. The beginning of matches seems to be the worst, where I sometimes spawn directly next to enemy players, who are sometimes right behind me. I've also had instances where I've spawned right in front of enemy tanks, or in the middle of a group of enemy players.

The assault rifles are severely unbalanced. The standard type is way too powerful and is way too accurate. The TAR (singe shot) is too weak and has so much recoil that it's essentially useless. They need to be balanced so that they are all viable depending on your playstyle, but right now pretty much only the standard AR works at all.

The only reason I'm concerned about these things is because they're more fundamentals and not content/polish. I know it's still beta, so hopefully they are aware of these issues and working on correcting them. If they can manage to make these fixes, I think they'll have core mechanics of the game pretty much down. Besides that, it'd also be nice to see an updated presentation, as some of it (neocon) is rather ugly and cumbersome.

18. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Yeah, not gonna lie, this game needs quite a bit of work in a handful of areas.

People on GAF are saying the graphics haven't been upgraded at all throughout the BETA, which worries me that they won't be upgraded until the PS4 version. In fact, I heard the graphics have even been downgraded to help performance? Textures have been removed?

There's other more important aspects than graphics, but I'm just curious.

PSN ID
    Kagekatsu2
    Eh, bad news guys. I kind of got accepted into the Teknomen corporation last night due to me sending multiple applications, wasn't sure how the system worked.

So...sorry. :/

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336

People on GAF are saying the graphics haven't been upgraded at all throughout the BETA, which worries me that they won't be upgraded until the PS4 version. In fact, I heard the graphics have even been downgraded to help performance? Textures have been removed?

Apparently there is a new update (rumored to be in Feb) that will be largely about upgrading the visuals. There's a short article about it: http://www.shacknews.com/article/774...g-off-ten-year

The most significant quote is:

When grilled about what the single biggest change to the game would be, Laurino told us that it has to be the graphics--an area CCP is continuing to focus. "With the next release, we've got another whole major upgrade, introducing vegetation into the landscape. It's going to look like a whole new game again."

Hopefully they are also fixing the textures, which sometimes seem to never load and at times make it look like an early PS2 game. I agree there are more important things though.
    Last edited by Felix336; 01-24-2013 at 02:56.

Apprentice

Any one who says the graphics havent improved in the beta is talkin out the but. It looks far better now and you can still see them trying new things ;like the different textures for the ground, the lighting based on planet position, not to mention the major update that happened back in i think november.

23. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Apprentice

Does this make kagekatsu a traitor

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by bill the noon View Post
    Any one who says the graphics havent improved in the beta is talkin out the but. It looks far better now and you can still see them trying new things ;like the different textures for the ground, the lighting based on planet position, not to mention the major update that happened back in i think november.
    Yeah, the texture loading used to be SO BAD. It would take like 10 seconds after respawn to load terrain textures. Now they are almost instant by comparison. Presentation is Dust's weakest point so far

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    A couple small concerns that I hope get addressed soon:

Is it just me, or is there almost no dead zone on the right analog stick? Even with the sensitivity way down, aiming is extremely jittery. The slightest bit of movement sends my reticule way off. I mean, I'm getting used to it, but having proper (console) aiming is something that shouldn't be difficult to do now days, since pretty much every fps (cod, halo, far cry, resistance, etc) has it down nearly perfect.

The respawning system on Ambush is probably one of the worst I've ever seen. Granted, some of the maps are way too small for how many players the put in it, but it's still bad. The beginning of matches seems to be the worst, where I sometimes spawn directly next to enemy players, who are sometimes right behind me. I've also had instances where I've spawned right in front of enemy tanks, or in the middle of a group of enemy players.

The assault rifles are severely unbalanced. The standard type is way too powerful and is way too accurate. The TAR (singe shot) is too weak and has so much recoil that it's essentially useless. They need to be balanced so that they are all viable depending on your playstyle, but right now pretty much only the standard AR works at all.

The only reason I'm concerned about these things is because they're more fundamentals and not content/polish. I know it's still beta, so hopefully they are aware of these issues and working on correcting them. If they can manage to make these fixes, I think they'll have core mechanics of the game pretty much down. Besides that, it'd also be nice to see an updated presentation, as some of it (neocon) is rather ugly and cumbersome.
    the assault rifles aren't unbalanced o.O

try taking on someone with one of those laser beam guns, or take on a heavy with your assault rifle, you gunn die spectacularly
    if you're like me you'll come to hate those scouts with the shotgun

i would agree with the respawing though, its one of my biggest gripes with the game; the way it spawns you, and the amount of time the engine takes to fade from black. the game seems to just plop you any what place it feels like, and most egregiously, you are spawned before you can see. so if someone is behind you you die before getting back in.

be thankful, closed beta was a nightmare
    its a solid open beta release. Dust is a true beta.

as for the graphics, they[that site] are just hating on it. im no fan of the engine, but CCP have made great strides in the graphics department through the builds
    especially the texture streaming and LOD, these were crap a few months ago. i watched textures right in front of me stream in and out as i walked around

i cannot tell you how slow the UI was. SLOWWWWWW!!!!! would be somewhat accurate in internet speech
    also, the the merc hub looked like crap. low res textures, no reflections, bad lighting, some crappy bumpmaps. etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagekatsu2 View Post
    Eh, bad news guys. I kind of got accepted into the Teknomen corporation last night due to me sending multiple applications, wasn't sure how the system worked.

it's ok, we still love you
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

No graphical change is THE BIGGEST load of bull$#@! ever LOL.Who ever said that has notplayed the game since E3...DUST looks wayyyyyyyy better than it did 6months ago. It's night and day. Even Chromosome (latest build) brought some improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by bill the noon View Post
    Fully agree. The GAF user was trollin'. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kagekatsu2 View Post

I'm sorry to lose you, but no hard feelings if you go there. You should still stick around the PSU community.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    The unbalanced arguments seems like they always come from new players. I complained about weak snipers once, but actually they are perfect considering there are so many types you can buy. Also, ARs are most definitely not unbalanced.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    ^agreed with itachi

the best advice i can give those new to Dust is to pick a class and specialise in it. this is an MMO after all and the skills you need to thrive need to be worked on. it is not Battlefield or COD where your hand is held from the get go. your merc is what you make it.

Ghost has an EXCEPTIONAL database that helped me after the last wipe. i managed to create a fitting with base skills sufficient enough for me to top the leaderboards, and the fitting only cost 450isk

the list of roles is huge!

before the chromosome build i saw a guy top the leaderboard using nothing but remote explosives o.O
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Haha I LOVE remote explosives. I need to see if there is a limit to the amount set but I usually have 2 or 3 nodes set with them and as soon as they start blinking...bang! I'd say about 50% of my kills come from RE .

Thread Information