Latest PSU headlines:

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1121 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Ok guys, I downloaded Dust, installed and asked to be admitted in PSU.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    ok guys! i'm all signed up for PSU

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Great dude! Me or the others will accept you soon. I'll do it when I get home. I'll send you a skill guide aswell.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    The unbalanced arguments seems like they always come from new players. I complained about weak snipers once, but actually they are perfect considering there are so many types you can buy. Also, ARs are most definitely not unbalanced.
    I'm not sure if we are talking about two different things here, but what I meant was that ARs are not unbalanced when compared to other classes of weapons, they hold their own just fine. I was saying that ARs are unbalanced compared to each other.

Again, overall ARs fit well in the game, and I know they get better as you level up but it's just that many of them are so underpowered (either by power, accuracy, recoil, or rate of fire) in there fundamental design that there really is little incentive to use any type besides the standard variant as it wins in most situations, which it shouldn't. The TAR has too much recoil, the breach just isn't very good all around, and admittedly I haven't tried the burst rifle, but I haven't really seen or heard about many using it.

Damage modifiers help, but that shouldn't be the solution. Each AR should be good in some ways and have drawbacks in others. Since this is an MMO and not just another random frag fest, it's even more important that everything is balanced properly. And in my opinion that's just not how it is right now. Some of the ARs (probably other types too) just feel underdeveloped right now. I'm assuming this is something CCP will continue to tweak and refine so it's not a big concern, but i do think it's an issue that does need to be addressed.
    Last edited by Felix336; 01-24-2013 at 10:23.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    I should have been more specific. I was not saying that ARs are unbalanced when compared to other classes of weapons, they hold their own just fine. I was saying that ARs are unbalanced compared to each other.

Again, overall ARs fit well in the game, it's just that many of them are so underpowered (either by power, accuracy, recoil, or rate of fire) that there really is no reason to use any type besides the standard variant as it wins in most situations, which it shouldn't. The TAR has too much recoil, the breach just isn't very good all around, and admittedly I haven't tried the burst rifle, but I haven't really seen or heard about many using it.

Damage modifiers help, but that shouldn't be the solution. Each AR should be good in some ways and have drawbacks in others. And in my opinion that's just not how it is right now. Since this is an MMO and not just another random frag fest, it's even more important that everything is balanced properly.
    i guess i can see where you're coming from, i used the single firing assault rifle once and it was like a sniper only more crap

that being said, i have been killed in straight up fights with the other assault type variants, the single firing assault rifle does major damage to the head though.
    i might be wrong, but there are skills to level that cover what you've said no? bar the obvious engine difficulties...

a word on EVE, i bought myself a destroyer!

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i guess i can see where you're coming from, i used the single firing assault rifle once and it was like a sniper only more crap

that being said, i have been killed in straight up fights with the other assault type variants, the single firing assault rifle does major damage to the head though.
    i might be wrong, but there are skills to level that cover what you've said no? bar the obvious engine difficulties...

a word on EVE, i bought myself a destroyer!

Yeah, the TAR (single shot) does do pretty decent damage, but it has extremely high recoil which makes it ironically bad at long range (where it's supposed to be good) and good at being hip fired close up. They really do need to only make small changes that will go a long way to giving each variant its own identity and effectiveness. As far as skills go, the problem is that those skills also make the standard variant better as well. There is a skill that reduces bullet spread and dispersion, but I'm not sure that it effects recoil at all. So again, it makes the standard better but doesn't help guns like the TAR too much since it's spread is already pretty small. I'm sure they're still balancing things, I just hope that it's a major priority.
    Last edited by Felix336; 01-24-2013 at 10:40.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    lol How did you get a destroyer so quickly?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Yeah, the TAR (single shot) does do pretty decent damage, but it has extremely high recoil which makes it ironically bad at long range (where it's supposed to be good) and good at being hip fired close up. They really do need to only make small changes that will go a long way to giving each variant its own identity and effectiveness. As far as skills go, the problem is that those skills also make the standard variant better as well. There is a skill that reduces bullet spread and dispersion, but I'm not sure that it effects recoil at all. So again, it makes the standard better but doesn't help guns like the TAR too much since it's spread is already pretty small. I'm sure they're still balancing things, I just hope that it's a major priority.
    its is still a beta after all. no doubt all these issues will be ironed out now that there are many people populating Tranquillity.

i wasn't too thrilled when they gave all standard assault rifles the iron sights, but i got used to it and now its not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    lol How did you get a destroyer so quickly?
    i saw it in the market and i wanted it
    so i did all the hard stuff to get money for it

admittedly i was wanting the cruiser but that behemoth is 14million isk
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    its is still a beta after all. no doubt all these issues will be ironed out now that there are many people populating Tranquillity.

i wasn't too thrilled when they gave all standard assault rifles the iron sights, but i got used to it and now its not a problem.

i saw it in the market and i wanted it
    so i did all the hard stuff to get money for it

admittedly i was wanting the cruiser but that behemoth is 14million isk
    Man lol. I'm going for this one, but it will take me awhile still.

Having 2 EVE pilots with Destroyers is a nice start haha. What did you do for money? I started the agaent missions for military but lost a ship and had to buy a new one. I also bought some skills so only have about 300,000 ISK .

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i started doing the war agents missions. i still have the last one to finish, my ship is currently orbiting a cruiser for safety
    but my margins were incredibly thin for purchasing a destroyer, notice one of my canons is missing ammo also notice all the cannon slots aren't occupied,im skint atm

need to add insurance for it, then sell of my old frigate. then buy new guns. worst of all, wait a day and a half so i can finish learning the skills for that cruiser.....i want that cruiser!

had a nice chat with some guy with a HUGE bounty
    i said i was trying EVE out for dust, he didn't seem too bothered...
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    How are you finding the game in general?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    its great! i would have loved it when i was a teen! sadly, with Dust i don't think i'll have the time

but for now its great
    somewhat serene and peaceful. and then you get somewhere and lasers start going off everywhere

i think the most suitable word is intimidating....its just so huge!
    customisation is deeper than Dust, i can only imagine what they've got planned for dust in the years to come

it kinda brings up a few big questions though....how the hell is this going to be coordinated?
    EVE is huge and it takes minutes to go a few star systems over. by the time you've reached the battle planet the match would be closing

also, Crysis, Batman, Borderlands. these game rarely reach 72C on my GPU, EVE is working it up to 80C
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah there needs to be some coordination between players regarding that haha. It said so in the EVE DUST link FAQ.

It is very big yeah, but my only role in EVE will be to have ships for bombardments. I'm not worried about anything else. So you'll let the account lapse after the 2 weeks is up?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    yeah, i'll probably let the account go after the two weeks. if i could, i'd send you my ships before the account goes, but CCP don't allow that kind of practice...it was apparently open to abuse

but never say never, if the corps dominates and i become but one cog in the machine i'll probably shift myself onto eve again

it is quite a fun game. i WILL get that cruiser before the two weeks are up though! it WILL be mine
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Understandable. Two Destroyers would have been better than 1, but 1 is better than none. are you able to sell your ships on the market?

Apprentice

We seem to be spread out across the planet in this corp.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by bill the noon View Post
    We seem to be spread out across the planet in this corp.
    indeed, in this corps we are a planet united

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Understandable. Two Destroyers would have been better than 1, but 1 is better than none. are you able to sell your ships on the market?
    2 destroyers and a cruiser

i think i can sell ships. i've sold my two frigates that were given to me...though im not sure if that was back to the game or to someone else
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 01-24-2013 at 15:09.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I think the Breach is actually quite good. It's more powerful than the standard assault rifle and since it fires more slowly, recoil is less of a problem.

The Burst is pretty bad though. It would be useful if it was a bit more powerful than the standard assault rifle (like the M16 in COD), but it doesn't seem to be.

I haven't tried the TAR yet.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I use the exile, that the closed beta guys got (did public beta players get that for free?) Its basically the standard AR with a 60 bullet clip compared to 48 in standard

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I use the exile, that the closed beta guys got (did public beta players get that for free?) Its basically the standard AR with a 60 bullet clip compared to 48 in standard
    I think you need Aurum for that.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I think you need Aurum for that.
    Yeah, closed beta players got the blueprint of that for free as a gift near the end of the closed beta (blue print means unlimited supply)

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I use the mass driver. I love the confusion effect it has on mercs. It's fun but also requires a lot of skill to be good with it.

PSN ID
    space_eyes
    Well I haven't had the chance to play along side too many others online are there any planned "get together" corp wise... I don't think the corp battles are up yet but I wouldn't mind having a 4th in a squad at least. Bill and Duboi have been great team mates. Recommend as directors for sure!

Sent from my SGH-I897
    Last edited by Vag Eye Lenol; 01-24-2013 at 18:34.

For those of you that is suffering from lack of passive sp growth, turns out that this is a known glitch (unknown to me unfortunately). To fix this, you create a new character, choose to activate passive sp on that alternate character, and then re-activate passive sp on your main character. You should now see the passive sp. I have let around 10 days lapse before i looked it up on the forums, that's about 240k sp lost... the things i could do with that kind of skill point.

The upside is that the super slow sp growth period really forced me to play the game smarter. From my limited exp as an enforcer, i feel that the biggest thing you can do to improve you skill is to invest in the basic skill set: armor/shield, recharge rate, scan profiles etc, as per Ghost's guide, and to play smarter: pick your spot and battles: don't go after that red dot on the map before your shield recover enough, don't try and be a hero, run away when you see a heavy, don't pop out of a cover at the same spot, etc. Simple things i know. I was used to playing single player fps vs cpu, so i have this bad habit of jumping into action without thinking it through.

Also, i 2nd the motion of setting up a time to play as a squad.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah we have a fair few people in now, time to start squading up.

I'll have a look at new Directors when there is more of a need for it, a pre-requisite of this however is being active in the forums, so those interested in a Director role should start getting to know the community here at PSU.

Things are moving a long, 2/3 of the planned content is finished...The corp and media pages will soon be joined with the skill guide most of you have got...and we will have our own private subforum (access granted by me via site admins).

Thread Information