Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 51525 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'll send you guys the basic skills guide via PM when I get to work. Itll help the daunting factor. Welcome to the PSU corp!

2. Likes Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Thanks that would be very helpful!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i finally got in one

a balanced match that went right down to the wire
    those matches are the BEST!!! regardless of outcome!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSN ID
    zombfreak666
    started seeing some of you psu guys in game only a handful tho

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by theschizogenious View Post
    started seeing some of you psu guys in game only a handful tho
    REALLY? Ghost! its official, our corp is now spread throughout the universe!

i've only seen you guys the once, which is a shame because i did enjoy following that squad around, as i said back then, their teamwork was quite something
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    REALLY? Ghost! its official, our corp is now spread throughout the universe!

i've only seen you guys the once, which is a shame because i did enjoy following that squad around, as i said back then, their teamwork was quite something
    Haha Yeah our name will spread slowly but surely. I can't wait to see how the upcoming content affects recruitment.

Administrator

that. idea. is. GENIUS!

but who?
    We could issue challenges or shoot a few notes over to other sites that we're planning this - ask them to develop corps of their own. I mean if we play the long game we can establish that this is a 'thing' and I'm sure at least a few others would bite.

Quote Originally Posted by bill the noon View Post
    Alright you convinced me empire it is, im in .
    The whole idea of a massive PSU empire is just such beauty. We have the talent, we have the support... there is no reason we can't do this. Mark my words, you have support directly from the top on this so we can do whatever is necessary to make this happen.

PSN ID
    JayBtlr
    How would one go about joining such a prestigious corporation of fine gentlemen (and women)? just request it through dust's corp search function?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBtlr View Post
    How would one go about joining such a prestigious corporation of fine gentlemen (and women)? just request it through dust's corp search function?
    indeed, just search P S U and find our corp to submit an application

one of the directors will accept the application

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bishop View Post
    We could issue challenges or shoot a few notes over to other sites that we're planning this - ask them to develop corps of their own. I mean if we play the long game we can establish that this is a 'thing' and I'm sure at least a few others would bite.
    if we ever go up against gametrailers, PM me, if im dead, resurrect me, i don't care how i want in!

their standards are really wishy washy and it would be nice to go up against one of the more pretentious sites out there
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 01-28-2013 at 14:35.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bishop View Post

The whole idea of a massive PSU empire is just such beauty. We have the talent, we have the support... there is no reason we can't do this. Mark my words, you have support directly from the top on this so we can do whatever is necessary to make this happen.
    Hell yeah! Support from the very top of PSU! Like an orbital bombardment of badassery.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBtlr View Post
    Welcome good sir, to our corp and the amazing PSU community! Mr Fijian is in the know.

indeed, just search P S U and find our corp to submit an application

one of the directors will accept the application

if we ever go up against gametrailers, PM me, if im dead, resurrect me, i don't care how i want in!

their standards are really wishy washy and it would be nice to go up against one of the more pretentious sites out there
    I would LOVE to go up against other sites.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Do you think our corp name should be shortened? The end of our name gets cut off on the leaderboards and what-not.

Perhaps 'PSU Covert Ghost Corp'?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Do you think our corp name should be shortened? The end of our name gets cut off on the leaderboards and what-not.

Perhaps 'PSU Covert Ghost Corp'?
    Yeah its too long as of now. Ghost said that he wanted it to have 'derailment' in it to tie into the podcast derailed thing

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm open to a name change! Now that we are sizeable in number I think this is something we can look at. Here is the main consideration in my mind: Do we keep PSU or go for something that makes us more identifiable? 'PlayStation Universe Corp' (or Corporation) for example. Derailment was added to try and give PSU corp at least a little corporate identity by borrowing from our podcast but it doesn't need to be so.Voice you ideas and comments mercs, it is OUR banner so let's make it something we can be proud of.
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-28-2013 at 15:02.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    First game I play and I win lol
    I did pretty crappy though 6/7

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I'm open to a name change! Now that we are sizeable in number I think this is something we can look at. Here is the main consideration in my mind: Do we keep PSU or go for something that makes us more identifiable? 'PlayStation Universe Corp' (or Corporation) for example. Derailment was added to try and give PSU corp at least a little corporate identity by borrowing from our podcast but it doesn't need to be so.Voice you ideas and comments mercs, it is OUR banner banner so let's make it something we can be proud of.
    PSU should definitely come first. its all in caps and stands out in the leaderboards

i like it as its is tbh, though if others find in distracting im fine with a change...so long as PSU stays paramount
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    Eve Online: when 3000 players collide

By Robert Purchese Published Monday, 28 January 2013

"Ooh we've got multiplayer battles for 64 people versus 64." Shut up. In Eve Online, one does it by the thousands.
    The latest mega-battle, The Battle of Asakai, involved more than 3000 players. Try deciphering some of the screenshots; the battle resembled some great universe-spanning spider web with, um, metal flies.
    The Battle of Asakai also involved multiple Titan and Supercarrier kills, which, I'm informed, is almost unheard of in Eve.

The reason for the battle? Two of the game's biggest Coalitions (groups of Eve Alliances, themselves groups of Eve Corporations) - the ClusterF*** Coalition and the HoneyBadger Coalition - finally came to blows.
    Time for a bit of history. The ClusterF*** Coalition is led by the Goonswarm Federation Alliance and its leader The Mittani - and you've heard his name before. The Goons, as they're affectionately known, originated from the Something Awful forums.

The HoneyBadger Coalition is led by Test Alliance and their leader Montolio. Test was born out of Reddit.
    Test was once a part of the ClusterF*** Coalition; they were friends. But in 2012, Test wanted out of the shadows and into its own limelight, and so the HoneyBadger Coalition was formed in a different part of Eve's universe.

The HoneyBadger Coalition was very successful and soon joined the ClusterF*** Coalition as one of the biggest entities in Eve. Both apparently count more than roughly 10,000 players.

Perhaps inevitably, tension between the game's two superpowers began to rise. Montolio and The Mittani fell out personally, and Montlio responded by wanting all out war, but was talked down by Shadoo, leader of Pandemic - the main PVP Alliance within the HoneyBadger Coalition (do keep up). Montolio then stood down/went on holiday.
    "I concede," wrote Montolio at the time.

"Shadoo has talked me off of the ledge, I have released the hostage and dropped my knife. After discussing this with other HBC leaders a reset and expanded NIP / OTEC agreement is the best path forward. It isn't what I want, but it is what you want.
    "I want war. I want gigantic f***ing battles. I want to crash nodes because people are so f***ing interested in this sh**ty game."

The two main Alliances - Test and Goonswarm - within the two hulking Coalitions - ClusterF*** and HoneyBadger - reset their standings with each other, making them neutral rather than friendly and effectively putting them on the precipice of war.

What triggered the war was a mistake, a human error. A man in charge of a Titan, Eve's biggest class of ship and rarely ever used in direct combat, accidentally jumped/warped to a system it was supposed to be bridging - warping other ships - to.

The eyes of the locals in that system popped at the sight of an undefended Titan. They bat-phoned Pandemic Legion, a major PVP Alliance within the HoneyBadger Coalition, to destroy the Titan.

The Titan was owned by Goonswarm Fleet Commander Dabigredboat. He called in backup from Goonswarm and the Clusterf*** Coalition. Then Test and the rest of the HoneyBadger Coalition got involved.
    Then the bat phone rang off the hook, with both Coalitions calling all members to log in to the game and bloody well help.

When the anti-matter settled, ClusterF*** Coalition had lost 44 Dreadnoughts, 29 Carriers, five Supercarriers and three Titans. The HoneyBadger Coalition lost six Dreadnoughts, 11 Carriers and one Supercarrier.
    In ISK terms - the game's currency - Clusterf*** Coalition lost 650 billion ISK, and HoneyBadger Coalition 67 billion ISK.

It was, in HoneyBadger Coalition's favour - and as The Mittani himself admitted - "a complete rout".
    There were 262 Alliances involved, 715 Corporations and 3161 players, according to Eve-Kill
    Source

thought you might find this interesting. More to do with EVE than Dust but still, it's a good read

18. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    LOL Thanks BBK! I'm a pilot in EVE but I'm just a rookie leveling my base skills. It's super interesting to read about these huge battles. One day there could be thousands of mercs joining such epic battles.

20. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    PSU should definitely come first. its all in caps and stands out in the leaderboards

i like it as its is tbh, though if others find in distracting im fine with a change...so long as PSU stays paramount
    I agree, I also like it, but it is perhaps a bit too long. Let's see what others have to say.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I'm open to a name change! Now that we are sizeable in number I think this is something we can look at. Here is the main consideration in my mind: Do we keep PSU or go for something that makes us more identifiable? 'PlayStation Universe Corp' (or Corporation) for example. Derailment was added to try and give PSU corp at least a little corporate identity by borrowing from our podcast but it doesn't need to be so.Voice you ideas and comments mercs, it is OUR banner so let's make it something we can be proud of.
    I feel we should go with something more 'official' sounding.

'PSU Industries'
    'PSU Corporation'
    'PSU Federation'
    'PlayStation Universe Corp'

Or simply...

'PlayStation Universe'
    'PSU'
    'P.S.U.'

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    PSU Syndicate? Haha

I just joined Ghost.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I think PSU Ghost Corp sounds the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    PSU Syndicate? Haha

I just joined Ghost.
    ooohh that too

I checked yesterday and the corp has 17 MILLION ISK. We have some insanely loaded members

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Welcome Lasombra! Thanks for joining!!

I or another officer will add you soon!

I agree Itachi, PSU Ghost Corp is cool, as is PSU Syndicate...or PlayStation Universe Syndicate? Syndicate is sexy

It's soooooo cool to see more and more of the community jump on board.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i've added Kuro and Lasombra to the corp. welcome guys!

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post

ooohh that too

I checked yesterday and the corp has 17 MILLION ISK. We have some insanely loaded members
    i believe we have our CEO to thank for that?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    I love the Syndicate games so it seemed to fit with the whole 'corporatization' of the game.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind that either.

Thread Information