Latest PSU headlines:

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91929 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    So this new OMS mode will involve turrets and assets being dropped onto the battlefield, allowing either side to claim them. But how does this make sense from a story perspective? Why would support be given that is not intended for one side?
    I can think of sooo many reasons honestly. Maybe one side drops it but they need to be activated, allowing for an opportunity for the other team to get there first

Use your imagination

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I can think of sooo many reasons honestly. Maybe one side drops it but they need to be activated, allowing for an opportunity for the other team to get there first
    That doesn't make sense though. If that's the case, their support gives no advantage to their side. It's completely up for grabs. Not providing support would allow for the same chance of success.

Apprentice

This modes is probably just going to be around till the eve integration moves a little farther along. This will probably help them test out droping instalations into the middle of matches.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I looked up battle footage of EVE and the battles seem odd. Are they fun, Ghost?
    EVE ismore about your skills, your ship and how you have it set upmore than flashy looking battles. It's a VERY complex game in that regard. While visually there's not alot going on, it's basically like a DUST fight with ships.

So this new OMS mode will involve turrets and assets being dropped onto the battlefield, allowing either side to claim them. But how does this make sense from a story perspective? Why would support be given that is not intended for one side?
    That doesn't make sense though. If that's the case, their support gives no advantage to their side. It's completely up for grabs. Not providing support would allow for the same chance of success.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill the noon View Post
    This modes is probably just going to be around till the eve integration moves a little farther along. This will probably help them test out droping instalations into the middle of matches.
    Bill has it. Eventually the MCC will be piloted by a commander who will guide the battle as atop down RTS type game mode using the 3D map we currently have. He will be ableto issue orders to the squads as well as send clone stations, ammo stations and turrets into the battlefield. This game mode is simulating that.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Again so many reasons why that would happen. Side A dropships being chased by Side B's ships, they drop supports at the first chance they get not wanting to risk all the equipment being destroyed with the ship. In those situtations decisions are made on a whim

I don't know, there can be hundreds of scenarios. Stop complaining, its an MMO (gameplay comes first)

6. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Bill has it. Eventually the MCC will be piloted by a commander who will guide the battle as atop down RTS type game mode using the 3D map we currently have. He will be ableto issue orders to the squads as well as send clone stations, ammo stations and turrets into the battlefield. This game mode is simulating that.
    OK, now it makes sense. I forgot about the Commander role. Still so many features that have yet to be implemented!

Apprentice

The feature i want is too shoot ships out of the sky.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    OK, now it makes sense. I forgot about the Commander role. Still so many features that have yet to be implemented!
    Aparentlly MECHS are in the works too...there is ALL SORTS of $#@! coming to DUST that's going to blow minds left right and centre...Mark mah wordz!

10. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The feature i want is too shoot ships out of the sky.
    Oh yeah! I will make sure I have OBs on our planets.

Apprentice

Its sad my earlier prediction of being a top 100 corp by the middle of the week was a little optimistic. We seem to be keeping pace with the people around us at the 110 area. So it might take an extra week or two.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i tried to help that particular effort today bill, but i kept getting put in matches that were so onesided

either there was no one to kill, or getting kills were hard to come by. you know you're up against the real deal when the opposing team are strutting around in black assault armor
    that stuff cost close to 100k isk each

heavy units are starting to get abused by every single class now
    there are heavy assault guys, heavy snipers, heavy heavy's, heavy medics, heavy lunchboxes...it ridiculous. trying to kill a squad of heavies is an exercise in futility
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSN ID
    space_eyes
    Just remember most heavy are slow. I like to pick at them from a distance... First drain their armor, find cover and reload and the unload. Then find somewhere to get health back lol.

Sent from my SGH-I897

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    I didn't know you could get heavy suits for other classes!

Apprentice

Heavy guys arent that bad. Remember they are slow and you can easily run away till your sheild recharges. As a heavy what i fear is a scout suit with a shotgun.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    yeah, thats what i do

aim for the head, and whittle away their armor.
    however, coming up against a squad of heavies is kind of different
    i'd throw grenades, flank, whittle, jump, and all i could manage was to kill one of the three of them
    they even had load-outs to cater to tanks, at which point i made sure to take my self to the otherside of the map

those scout guys are easy to kill though, especially with an assault rifle. just fire from the hip, they'll run into all your bullets
    they also have the biggest head of all the classes...surprising given their role
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 01-29-2013 at 18:01.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    yeah, thats what i do

aim for the head, and whittle away their armor.
    however, coming up against a squad of heavies is kind of different
    i'd throw grenades, flank, whittle, jump, and all i could manage was to kill one of the three of them
    they even had load-outs to cater to tanks, at which point i made sure to take my self to the otherside of the map

those scout guys are easy to kill though, especially with an assault rifle. just fire from the hip, they'll run into all your bullets
    they also have the biggest head of all the classes...surprising given their role
    Hell i shoot 2000 rpm and scouts can just run thru my bullet stream. The scary thing is how quick they can run around a building and shot gun the bqck of your head. One of my most hated sevr true bloods annie oakley used this tactic to get 44 kills against my team last time i fought her. Scary.

PSN ID
    space_eyes
    But we still won! Lol.

Sent from my SGH-I897

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Vag Eye Lenol View Post
    But we still won! Lol.

Sent from my SGH-I897
    Ya but it was still scary.

last night and the night before we (duboi, vag, and i) kept getting into weird lagging games, where one of us would lag super hard and the others would be fine. were talkin like 2 frames a sec bad. worst part about it is lookin over at the other two tv's and seeing the other 2 going along just fine.
    This maybe the memory dump issue everyone was talking about on general chat the other day. It's supposed to be a common bug, and you have to restart your ps3 to get rid of it

PSN ID
    DuBoi187
    What up people. As of today here is where we sit in the standings :

Kills - Ranked #109, with 6500 kills, 1.37 kill/death ratio, 373 wins, and a win/loss ratio of 1.33

Kill/Death ratio - Were not on the board

War Points - we are ranked #111 with 589982 warpoints.

Win/Loss ratio - We are not on the board.

So, all in all, we are doing not too bad, we WILL be a top 100 corp very soon here, the key to climbing the ranks is to do our best to work together ! Even if your not the best player in the game, when we work as a team we score well, even in the matches we dont win. This game is not about being the best, it all comes down to team work !

PSN ID
    DuBoi187
    O ya, I tried that new Ambush OMS mode, still same ol ambush as far as I could tell, except for and the end of the match a bunch of stuff started dropping in (I think it was turrets and supply depots). But other than that, almost got my ass handed to me just like every other ambush i do for some reason...

PSN ID
    space_eyes
    Helps if you herd up even with 2 other people. Seems to be key to am easy win in this setup.

Sent from my SGH-I897

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by DuBoi187 View Post
    O ya, I tried that new Ambush OMS mode, still same ol ambush as far as I could tell, except for and the end of the match a bunch of stuff started dropping in (I think it was turrets and supply depots). But other than that, almost got my ass handed to me just like every other ambush i do for some reason...
    Yeah im not the biggest fan of ambush. I need at least a vague idea of where the enemy is.

PSN ID
    DuBoi187
    Yeah im not the biggest fan of ambush. I need at least a vague idea of where the enemy is.
    I hear that ! Ambush is alight maybe once in a while when the skirmish is not connecting, but abush kinda sucks, lacks direction and objectives.

PSN ID
    space_eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by DuBoi187 View Post
    I hear that ! Ambush is alight maybe once in a while when the skirmish is not connecting, but abush kinda sucks, lacks direction and objectives.
    Just shoot the cluckers haha

Sent from my SGH-I897

Thread Information