Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Zswordsman View Post
    I wanna join! is this game still in beta? any word on the official release? My HDD is a little full at the moment so let me beat some games and free up some space first.
    The game is in beta yeah, it should open up in January or February. Exciting stuff coming up in the new year in the DUST world, but I can't say any more. :S

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I ought to warn you guys...There will be a wipe of all skill points and ISK when the next build comes, which will probably come when the game goes open beta early next year. I was in a very different financial situation last build, and had a lot of SP in drop ship piloting...I lost it all! I think that will be the final reset though.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I ought to warn you guys...There will be a wipe of all skill points and ISK when the next build comes, which will probably come when the game goes open beta early next year. I was in a very different financial situation last build, and had a lot of SP in drop ship piloting...I lost it all! I think that will be the final reset though.
    Thats exactly what was on my mind. What happens to our progress when the game launches?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    They haven't said exactly, but all of my progress from last build was nullified. As I mentioned before, there will most likely be a "launch build" when the game launches open beta...it depends if they are moving DUST to the EVE server then, which is possible.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    hmm, Dust 514 is a very promising game. hopefully sony can include the final build in new 'out of the box' ps3's

was expecting stats to be reset. though, i would've assumed they'd be done for final release.

but what will they do with guys who are currently purchasing goods in the market place?

promising indeed.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    hmm, Dust 514 is a very promising game. hopefully sony can include the final build in new 'out of the box' ps3's

was expecting stats to be reset. though, i would've assumed they'd be done for final release.

but what will they do with guys who are currently purchasing goods in the market place?

promising indeed.
    I have already gone on record as saying DUST 514 is going to be $#@!ing EPIC. I'm calling it now. 5 years of content already planned for this $#@!! Next year CCP is introducing competitive corp matches which will people can watch and bet on. Also, mechs are probably being introduced next year too. PvE and facilities for training outside of ranked matches etc. Also, there will be more vehicle classes and dropsuits. EVE gets two free expansions a year, DUST will too. Eventually it will become a sandbox FPSRPGMMO When asked at the EVE fanfest Q&A about the possibility of Dust mercs boarding the EVE pilots ships, CCP said it was possible to do with their technology set up. I wouldn't be surprised if one day in the future it is possible to launch attacks directly. Different climates were also discussed, snow planets, planets with lava etc.

People are going to be blown away when they see the planetary conquest aspect of this game. I can't wait to see the orbital bombardment come into play, and I REALLY can't wait to see an orbital cannon shoot at an EVE ship...So badass .

Yeah, having it on the PS3 out the box would be ideal. Re: marketplace reset, you get all of your AUR credited back to you.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

People are going to be blown away when they see the planetary conquest aspect of this game. I can't wait to see the orbital bombardment come into play, and I REALLY can't wait to see an orbital cannon shoot at an EVE ship...So badass .
    Speaking of orbital cannons, have you guys ever experience one? In one match I was just running around when an EXTREMELY loud explosion went off near me. I ran for cover realizing it was an orbital strike from the sky. There were 4 more blasts and they were so strong the entire ground shook, and even when I was under a building I died from the force of the blast above me.

btw new upcoming weapons trailer
    Last edited by Itachi; 12-13-2012 at 18:35.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Speaking of orbital cannons, have you guys ever experience one? In one match I was just running around when an EXTREMELY loud explosion went off near me. I ran for cover realizing it was an orbital strike from the sky. There were 4 more blasts and they were so strong the entire ground shook, and even when I was under a building I died from the force of the blast above me.
    I've seen a few but never been caught in them. I love the sound it makes. There will be different kinds of orbital strikes too, depending on what class of ship fires it. At the Q&A at EVE fanfest, a guy asked CCP if there would be a strike that was capable of completely obliterating entire districts off the map, and they said yes, but that DUST players would also be able to build better cannons that can take out their ships.

That blows my mind...I hope one day I can be the one who pulls the trigger and fires a cannon at an EVE ship...from a console .

It has also been hinted that DUST mercs will have an industrial role aswell. They said that these orbital cannons in DUST would have to be bought, and built etc...People don't understand what's coming...it's a $#@! storm of hardcore badassness...and it's only going to get better and better, bigger and bigger...for free. PS3, PV Vita, PS4...I will have my persistent soldier through all of this...I'm not going to waste mytime on Battlefield or any other military FPS after this. When the next BF drops, everyone is back at square one...DUST will never send you back to square one.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Planetside 2 is another persistent MMO FPS from sony that has taken PC by storm. Their devs say that it can't run on ps3 (it looks gorgeous) but they hinted that "it may run on something else". So with planetside potentially coming on ps4, do you think dust will have its own version for ps4 (better visuals, maps,player counts etc)

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Planetside 2 is another persistent MMO FPS from sony that has taken PC by storm. Their devs say that it can't run on ps3 (it looks gorgeous) but they hinted that "it may run on something else". So with planetside potentially coming on ps4, do you think dust will have its own version for ps4 (better visuals, maps,player counts etc)
    Yeah. I think with EVE they had 2 versions running, one with older graphics engine and the new one using DX11. CCP said if there is a PS4,there will be DUST 514 on it. Also, because CCP have the "games as a service" mentality, they will be continually striving to better the 'service' and have it at it's very best. Free-to-play + games as a service = pure win.

DUST 514 is much like PS2, but WAY WAY deeper. It will be,in its release build form, the only real war simulator around that I'm aware of. PS2 will be the more accessible alternative.

PSN ID
    zombfreak666
    Yeah. I think with EVE they had 2 versions running, one with older graphics engine and the new one using DX11. CCP said if there is a PS4,there will be DUST 514 on it. Also, because CCP have the "games as a service" mentality, they will be continually striving to better the 'service' and have it at it's very best. Free-to-play + games as a service = pure win.

DUST 514 is much like PS2, but WAY WAY deeper. It will be,in its release build form, the only real war simulator around that I'm aware of. PS2 will be the more accessible alternative.
    ccp has already confirmed that dust will out live the ps3 because they will update it continuously so if dust maintains its interest and a sizeable fanbase it will continue to be included throughout the ps4 and maybe into the ps5.
    ccp has struck gold with dust and the fact that theyve been in closed beta for almost a year while irritating is a blessing because they are so reluctant to rush this game. if you were in the build from pre-e3 then you know just how far this game has come and it can only get better.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by theschizogenious View Post
    ccp has already confirmed that dust will out live the ps3 because they will update it continuously so if dust maintains its interest and a sizeable fanbase it will continue to be included throughout the ps4 and maybe into the ps5.
    ccp has struck gold with dust and the fact that theyve been in closed beta for almost a year while irritating is a blessing because they are so reluctant to rush this game. if you were in the build from pre-e3 then you know just how far this game has come and it can only get better.
    I jumped in at E3, and the gap between now and then in gigantic. The game looks and plays way better.

And yeah, aside from actually saying that they will port to PS4, CCP also said they want to be celebrating "EVE is 20 years old, DUST is 10 years old" events in the future. I'm in it for the long haul.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    btw do you guys use shotguns? I feel like dust relies on mid to long range combat, so shotguns are really ineffective but I haven't used them much to prove that point

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Shotguns are best suited to the scout class because its alot more agile than the other classes. I'm going to focus on the AR for my logistics dropship pilot.

PSN ID
    zombfreak666
    btw do you guys use shotguns? I feel like dust relies on mid to long range combat, so shotguns are really ineffective but I haven't used them much to prove that point
    currently the maps are a little open for shotty's but if you get into some of the more urban maps where there are alot of corners and covers to disrupt sight lines a scout with a shotty is useful because you can pop up get a kill and get away before his friends show up.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    So all I know about how scanning works is that if your drop suit has a high scan profile it will be easily detected. During matches I can see enemies half way across the map with those orange markers. Does that mean those guys have high scan profile suits?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Good question re: the signatures. I'll see if anything is to be learned on the official forums.
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-15-2012 at 10:45.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    pft, you're on your own in admiration of that wallpaper ghostie

fun fact, i left my squad to die when i saw an enemy heavy running toward the same objective

another fun fact, in another match, my squad leader had a vendetta against heavy units and issued specific orders to kill (which i never listened to xD)

in summary, i hate heavy units

i have no shame in saying that i run from them

itachi, its unlikely; as scouts (who are hiding) wont show the little triangle when sniping units. its more likely that the triangle indicates units identified by your team (entire side) to help you identify at range who you should be shooting at...

Edit:
    Anyone else here disappointed in the Unreal engine being licensed?
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 12-15-2012 at 13:10.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    I'm disappointed by the texture 'fade in'

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    I'm disappointed by the texture 'fade in'
    sadly, even though its beta, texture woes are a problem with the Unreal engine.

i have no gripe with the game, but i feel the engine will stifle (to some extent) the masterpiece ccp are trying to accomplish

every time i see something in the beta, the first thing i ask is: "is it the engine?" as opposed to the more useful option (for the devs) "what did I do?"
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm re-downloading this. Someone get me up to speed here... what should I do after I launch it! lol

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Well, yeah, that's easy to do. I meant more about the game itself, progression, etc.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Well, yeah, that's easy to do. I meant more about the game itself, progression, etc.
    Don't bother with the skills and weapons earlier on. Just go some matches with default gear and build up some SP (skill points) and ISK (money). Afterwards dive into customization and there's a lot of it.

There's so many complicated mechanisms that I still don't know. It will take time to learn since its an MMO after all

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

i know, i was just messin'

its still in beta so the bells and whistles are still getting added.
    pick a race (i think this is more useful for the final build than anything), use the neocom 'L1' to reach every aspect of the game.
    at this point you'll only get starter gear which is infinite, so play a match to learn how the systems work (i go for skirmish, ambush is pretty much team deathmatch). this will also give you some idea of what you would like to play as.
    next, put some sp down toward the skills you'd like to specialize in (again from the neocom). go to the marketplace find the guns and stuff you'd like to buy (you prolly wont be able to buy them yet)
    whilst in the marketplace looking at stuff, you will see that every selected item has a book with a red cross on it, this means you can't equip it. but if you push triangle it will bring a a list which you can cycle through with R2, look for the prerequisites page and this will list the skills you need to equip those loadouts (and the skills that have already met the required level -these will have a green check on them)
    go into a game, dominate. earn isk and sp, put sp into required skills. purchase better stuff, dominate even more
    that's the skinny at least

Edit:
    the UI is a bit daunting. to liken it to something. COD and Battlefield have UI's that are like flashy magazines; easy to just browse through.
    Dust's UI is akin to a Short novel; wherein you must read every word to understand the story.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 12-15-2012 at 16:46.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information