"Play life,with 100% save!"

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie98 View Post
    And i did it 3 times....
    im at a loss then

maybe its your internet?
    whats your NAT type, and are you using a wi-fi connection?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    Could be,And im thetering through mobile,im gonna try it with my new broadband

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4
    ID:XxRichie98xX

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie98 View Post
    Could be,And im thetering through mobile,im gonna try it with my new broadband
    be sure to give us an update then

we can get some games on!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSN ID
    DEADMUDD
    Last night got dropped all of the time from dust, so I tried black ops same thing *BUGS*

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    hey guys! whats dusts starter pack?
    just wondering since ps+ guys get it free tomorrow.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...us-perks-are-2

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Zswordsman View Post
    hey guys! whats dusts starter pack?
    just wondering since ps+ guys get it free tomorrow.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...us-perks-are-2
    I think it has aurum and weapons and dropsuits etc

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    be sure to give us an update then

we can get some games on!
    Course
    Is the game changed anything,since i played?i hope it's still free

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I was reading a thread on the Dust forums and thinking about the corp battle shellacking we took last week, and how we could be more organized. One small step I was thinking we could make is have a thread where we have everyone in the corp list and talk about the roles/builds they have so that we can be better organized in the future as far as making squads and just general strategy.

As an example, I would do this for me:

Primary: Assault (potential healing abilities)
    Secondary: Sniper
    Other Info: Prefer not to be a squad leader

That way we can have the basic structure of our corp detailed, look for strengths/weaknesses/needs, and build strategies around that. I know it's not terribly important now because we don't do a lot of corp matches (and they don't really mean anything right now either), but I think it might be a good thing to at least start so that as we get bigger we continue to be organized. Posting it here first just to see what everyone thinks, didn't want to start a new thread yet.

10. Likes DEADMUDD likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    I was reading a thread on the Dust forums and thinking about the corp battle shellacking we took last week, and how we could be more organized. One small step I was thinking we could make is have a thread where we have everyone in the corp list and talk about the roles/builds they have so that we can be better organized in the future as far as making squads and just general strategy.

That way we can have the basic structure of our corp detailed, look for strengths/weaknesses/needs, and build strategies around that. I know it's not terribly important now because we don't do a lot of corp matches (and they don't really mean anything right now either), but I think it might be a good thing to at least start so that as we get bigger we continue to be organized. Posting it here first just to see what everyone thinks, didn't want to start a new thread yet.
    Good suggestion!
    I didn't play the game in the last 2 months,because of my issues,but i enjoyed it
    If it's gonna work smoothly,i want to join the corp,and play some games
    (New broadband arriving 26.,yay,try to make it work)

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I know that's something Ghost wanted to have in our private HQ forum. You should create a thread in there, if Ghost hasn't already.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I know that's something Ghost wanted to have in our private HQ forum. You should create a thread in there, if Ghost hasn't already.
    Yeah this is an awesome idea and something I wanted to do for ages but never got around to it. I think it is really important to know what people are and what they are working on so we can start forming more balanced squads for future events.

Have a lil bit of $#@!tyness going on in life atm so haven't been super active the last few days, but I am currently rethinking my strategy for PSU's Dust culture (recruiting, site set up, getting people into the forum side of things etc)...so I'll come back kicking ass. Eventually/sooner or later . We have almost 40 members!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Alright, I made a thread in the members section. So if anyone sees this, head over there and check it out.

As a side note Ghost, are we not allowed to edit posts in the members section? I had planned on just continually updating the original post but it seems I can't edit anything in there.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Alright, I made a thread in the members section. So if anyone sees this, head over there and check it out.

As a side note Ghost, are we not allowed to edit posts in the members section? I had planned on just continually updating the original post but it seems I can't edit anything in there.
    This seems to be an error in the permissions. I have emailed Mr Ixion to investigate so it should be resolved shortly.

Apprentice

Can't wait till i get home from work. With the skillcap being reset today im sure i'll be able to get the heavy weapon sharp shooter lvl4 skill. I hate gettin killed by range.
    i love couch co op

17. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    HOLY $#@!! Can't wait for DUST 514 to hit PS4 and its sexy 8GB GDDR5! Holy $#@! lol CCP must be drooling and cuming at those specs lol.

19. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    HOLY $#@!! Can't wait for DUST 514 to hit PS4 and its sexy 8GB GDDR5! Holy $#@! lol CCP must be drooling and cuming at those specs lol.
    likewise, though im a bit sceptical.

as powerful as the system may be, a game is only as good as its engine...hopefully PS4 gets UE4 as UE3 is bad for the soul

imagine though, regardless of engine, the amount of "stuff" being squeezed by 512MB RAM. 8GB is insane! Dust in its current form (2.6GB) could be put and run off of the ram entirely!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    likewise, though im a bit sceptical.

as powerful as the system may be, a game is only as good as its engine...hopefully PS4 gets UE4 as UE3 is bad for the soul

imagine though, regardless of engine, the amount of "stuff" being squeezed by 512MB RAM. 8GB is insane! Dust in its current form (2.6GB) could be put and run off of the ram entirely!
    Epic said that the U4 demo was a love letter to console makers and Sony responded. I have very little doubt that CCP will use U4 for PS4 because it is their vision to create the best possible experience.

It's such a bat$#@! crazy amount of RAM lol.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Epic said that the U4 demo was a love letter to console makers and Sony responded. I have very little doubt that CCP will use U4 for PS4 because it is their vision to create the best possible experience.

It's such a bat$#@! crazy amount of RAM lol.
    i can't even imagine how beautiful OB would look on the UE4

that being said, im intentionally blocking out the hype of PS4 as there is still plenty of game left for the rest of the year....April can't come soon enough

but that RAM!!....my PC GPU only has 1GB of GDDR5 RAM!

EDIT:
    One thing is certain though. other game developers will struggle to achieve what CCP have in place. im speaking of course about destiny (another 10 year game).
    i lost a little bit of breath when they said 10 years, they have to go up against EVE and Dust. Not to mention Planetside on the PC. they are an accomplished studio, and this seems too big for them, the risk is immense.

CCP have put themselves in a very favourable position, they have solid foundations with both games. and moving into next gen this puts them in the driving seat!

im calling it now, CCP will rise to prominence on the bones of Bungie; destiny does not have a foundation equal to Dust, granted its very early but the only ships i saw in their demo were the kind that sit there to look pretty.
    plenty of promise, little substance
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 02-21-2013 at 11:43.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    i can't even imagine how beautiful OB would look on the UE4

that being said, im intentionally blocking out the hype of PS4 as there is still plenty of game left for the rest of the year....April can't come soon enough

but that RAM!!....my PC GPU only has 1GB of GDDR5 RAM!

EDIT:
    One thing is certain though. other game developers will struggle to achieve what CCP have in place. im speaking of course about destiny (another 10 year game).
    i lost a little bit of breath when they said 10 years, they have to go up against EVE and Dust. Not to mention Planetside on the PC. they are an accomplished studio, and this seems too big for them, the risk is immense.

CCP have put themselves in a very favourable position, they have solid foundations with both games. and moving into next gen this puts them in the driving seat!

im calling it now, CCP will rise to prominence on the bones of Bungie; destiny does not have a foundation equal to Dust, granted its very early but the only ships i saw in their demo were the kind that sit there to look pretty.
    plenty of promise, little substance
    I think that it will be like the story of the rabbit and the hare. Bungie are only making a console MMO. CCP are making a console MMO that is grafted and a part of a 10 year old, HIGHLY successful PC MMO and so their development time is going to take a lot longer because really, technically, these two games are leagues apart and CCP has to focus on and pay attention to the balance and development of two games individually and as a whole. I think Bungie has the brand power to pull in more players too initially, and people will talk $#@! about DUST 514, giving it $#@! about its graphics etc. However, in the end, the EVE universe will out grow and will $#@! all over Destiny in scope, depth and badassness.

I'm still keen to check Destiny out though, but I'm not sure what the business model is...I guess it's not going to be F2P, but I'm not sure if it has a sub fee or not.

Forum Guru
    Hey Holly, I have someof the members and their time zones in this thread: http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...your-time-zone I am GMT +1 so I'm sure we can squad up.

What kind of bug did you encounter? Itis in beta still, so it's to be expected!
    Ah awesome, thank you!

When I was in game everyone just stopped but I could move but couldn't hurt anyone, and then all the players started moving together to the edge of the map, freaky lol, and then it just kicked me out of the game.

yep, i run into bugs all the time.
    yesterday i couldn't do squat as the fitting selection got stuck doing something. so i couldn't pick a drop suit to enter battle - i could only watch from the heavens

i frequently get the neocom popping up during battle which is most egregious
    so instead of pressing L1 to waste somebody, i press L1 and spin off into editing my fitting

i also cannot search for corps. for some reason the server drops me whenever i try

but yeah, as ghost said, its still in beta, these things happen.

getting stuck on geometry though is an engine issue and that ain't going away
    Haha those are pretty annoying bugs. The only bug I've had is the one I described above ^^^. Is that bug classed as 'getting stuck on geometry'? I hope not because it happened in every battle. Not been on since though, so I'm going to try again tonight and see if it does it again.

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    I think that it will be like the story of the rabbit and the hare. Bungie are only making a console MMO. CCP are making a console MMO that is grafted and a part of a 10 year old, HIGHLY successful PC MMO and so their development time is going to take a lot longer because really, technically, these two games are leagues apart and CCP has to focus on and pay attention to the balance and development of two games individually and as a whole. I think Bungie has the brand power to pull in more players too initially, and people will talk $#@! about DUST 514, giving it $#@! about its graphics etc. However, in the end, the EVE universe will out grow and will $#@! all over Destiny in scope, depth and badassness.

I'm still keen to check Destiny out though, but I'm not sure what the business model is...I guess it's not going to be F2P, but I'm not sure if it has a sub fee or not.
    i typo'd
    that last paragraph should've said destiny, not bungie...

Dust will come out as the better FPSMMO, it has too much depth for it to go anywhere else
    we're still in beta and the content is staggering.

Bungie have their work cut out for them no doubt....that being said, Dust is a sony exclusive for the foreseeable future, which leaves Microsoft's console open for exploit

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    Haha those are pretty annoying bugs. The only bug I've had is the one I described above ^^^. Is that bug classed as 'getting stuck on geometry'? I hope not because it happened in every battle. Not been on since though, so I'm going to try again tonight and see if it does it again.
    i don't think that would fall under the engine issue

Unreal has some PS2 level collision detection. for comparisons sake, the UE3 is akin to moving a rectangle around a stage made out of triangles. the rectangle is going to get stuck every so often.
    other engines are more like moving an inverted pyramid across the same stage. it will pass through many of the triangles.
    this affects gameplay, and is something i really get annoyed by (especially given the engines wide usage) its not just dust, Mass Effect (2 in particular) Batman, Mirrors edge all suffer from this

but as i always say "c'est la vie"
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Honestly, Dust is a really niche game, and I don't really ever see that changing. I think it'll end up much like EVE in that is has a decent size community that is really into the game, but outside of it no one will really care. Dust and Destiny are pretty different, so I don't think it's fair to say they will be directly competing. And even if they do, Bungie clearly has the advantage. They're more experienced with shooters, are more liked/well known, have more resources/money/marketing power, and a larger audience because it's multiplatform. People know Bungie, they're going to play Destiny simply because they know it's by the creators of Halo. On the other hand, very few people know who CCP are or care that they made EVE.

I plan on playing both, as they look like they're going to offer completely different experiences. I think they'll both be successes in their own way, but I find it hard to image Dust ever being one of the top shooters, regardless of whether or not Destiny is a hit.

27. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Apprentice

The ps4 and killzone are gonna take up so much of my time. Its been hard to get in any other game with all the time im spending on dust. When killzone comes out my time will be really stretched.
    i love couch co op

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Honestly, Dust is a really niche game, and I don't really ever see that changing. I think it'll end up much like EVE in that is has a decent size community that is really into the game, but outside of it no one will really care. Dust and Destiny are pretty different, so I don't think it's fair to say they will be directly competing. And even if they do, Bungie clearly has the advantage. They're more experienced with shooters, are more liked/well known, have more resources/money/marketing power, and a larger audience because it's multiplatform. People know Bungie, they're going to play Destiny simply because they know it's by the creators of Halo. On the other hand, very few people know who CCP are or care that they made EVE.

I plan on playing both, as they look like they're going to offer completely different experiences. I think they'll both be successes in their own way, but I find it hard to image Dust ever being one of the top shooters, regardless of whether or not Destiny is a hit.
    true and true, but 10 years? what's their business plan gunna be like?

CCP already have a long term plan for Dust and EVE, whats more - and if i recall correctly -, OB is only the starting point between EVE and Dusts interactions. one day you'll battle inside those giant ships (a much better environment for the UE) and be able to kill EVE pilots.
    i see Destiny being a cross between MAG and Planetside. Bungie definitely have the better pedigree with shooters and that will show, but CCP have a better pedigree with creating a coherent universe for gamers to exist in...and control if so inclined
    (the latter being the better option if looking to reach 10 years)

it's one of the reasons i prefer Dust, because of its inherent BIGNESS; EVE is run by the players. with the PS4 becoming more social Dust will benefit inexorably.

however, its important to note that i don't game as much as i used to. so my tastes in what i want from a game have changed considerably, and probably differ from that of more regular gamers

PC - Planetside
    PS4- Dust 514
    Next Box- Destiny

^i think that would be somewhat accurate of how the market will be split
    i don't think Destiny has the staying power of a free to play game. more importantly a free to play game as rewarding as Dust
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information