Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    well i must thank you ghost. if not for you, i never would've gotten around to downloading this. your coverage has been PHENOMENAL, especially given the NDA

thank you for the promotion too. i will endeavour to do well

about those questions though.
    i came up with a list, but i've forgotten them again

the one that is at the top of my mind all the time though is quite a difficult one.
    it relates to their use of the unreal engine. and why they chose it over other, more established, online engines. (because, you know, i hate the Unreal Engine )

as an extension.
    how do they find working with the Unreal Engine on the PS3 (which usually has poor performance using this engine)

will definitely update with some questions as i remember them

p.s, im out of likes - again - i will like the posts when i can
    I appreciate that It's my goal to make PSU a prime source of info on the game. That has been restricted by said NDA but as soon as we go into open beta, it's on!

Good question re: your favourite engine of all time I will add that to the list.

2. Likes theschizogenious likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Other_
    "Derailment"?

Hmmm.. I wonder...

Follow me on Twitter @DonOther

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Oliveira View Post
    "Derailment"?

Hmmm.. I wonder...
    You wonder correctly! I am following Kyle's steps in adopting "derailed" to give us some corporate identity/consistency in the site . I am expecting the corps to be reset at open beta so I may change the name...But we'll see.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Other_
    So, does that technically mean that I'm President of the corporation?

Also, what did Kyle do with my Derailed?! Is there something I don't know about?

P.S. I implore everyone in this thread to listen to Podcast Derailed. I'll have another one coming up soon.

Follow me on Twitter @DonOther

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Oliveira View Post
    So, does that technically mean that I'm President of the corporation?

Also, what did Kyle do with my Derailed?! Is there something I don't know about?

P.S. I implore everyone in this thread to listen to Podcast Derailed. I'll have another one coming up soon.
    No, just the patent holder of one word in the corporations name. I will pay you a royalty fee of 5 ISK a day for the words usage. Please, please, don't thank me for my generosity.

Kyle called the PSU Guild Wars 2 clan "Derailed Till Dawn" or something, I can't quite remember. It's an interesting catch word for the site. :P

I echo Don's sentiment. Y'all should listen to the podcast. Ole Ghostie will be making regular appearances on the show, along with others, and Don's the man!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Guys, DUST is moving to the Tranquillity server (where the EVE players are) on the 10th. This is a HUGE step as the two universes will be on the same server for the first time. This of course means a reset of characters and corporations which means after this wipe, what you earn and train, you keep from here on in. So, dig into whatever is in the wallet (you guys should be able to take from it for yourself, if not, just give half of what's there to the other) and buy some costly gear if you want, as after the 10th it is all bye bye. If all goes to plan, this will be the last wipe before going into open beta, which as far as I understand is happening on the 22nd of this month
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-08-2013 at 17:41.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Guys, DUST is moving to the Tranquillity server (where the EVE players are) on the 10th. This is a HUGE step as the two universes will be on the same server for the first time. This of course means a reset of characters and corporations which means after this wipe, what you earn and train, you keep from here on in. So, dig into whatever is in the wallet (you guys should be able to take from it for yourself, if not, just give half of what's there to the other) and buy some costly gear if you want, as after the 10th it is all bye bye. If all goes to plan, this will be the last wipe before going into open beta, which as far as I understand is happening on the 22nd of this month
    Thanks for letting us know! Fits in quite nicely for me as I haven't be able to play for 3 weeks but I will be able to play again for the next few weeks and then when the open beta hits I can play loads (hopefully)

Also, it's awesome you're going to Iceland for the press event! Could you ask them if everything will get wiped when it turns into open beta? Would be good to know.

I know that everything is getting reset on Thursday but I've just requested on DUST to join PSU's Corporation because I'm curious what the set up is like so if you get a chance please could you accept me? If not, I assume you will set up the Corporation again after Thursday?

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    Thanks for letting us know! Fits in quite nicely for me as I haven't be able to play for 3 weeks but I will be able to play again for the next few weeks and then when the open beta hits I can play loads (hopefully)

Also, it's awesome you're going to Iceland for the press event! Could you ask them if everything will get wiped when it turns into open beta? Would be good to know.

I know that everything is getting reset on Thursday but I've just requested on DUST to join PSU's Corporation because I'm curious what the set up is like so if you get a chance please could you accept me? If not, I assume you will set up the Corporation again after Thursday?
    You're welcome! Regarding the wipe, CCP said that the wipe on Thursday SHOULD be the last (aka they want it to be the last). It won't be reset when it goes open so testers will have almost 2 weeks head start. Given that there is a daily cap on skill points though, this should only provide a small lead (given the SP cost of levelling skills).

Regarding the corp...I'm still undecided whether to keep the name (in which case I need to email CCP after the 10th) or if we take a new name. Names used on the current server will be blocked on Tranquillity.

I'll add you in the corp today.

Hey All, PSN = Muarakarang, Merc: Deadskin13.
    i applied/joined several days ago. Fijiandoce mailed me regarding the server move. Thanks for that, a great chance to splurge on weapon.
    Been a long time lurker, tried Dust and liked it quite a bit!. Not sure what i want to specialize in yet. Right now, i'm mainly playing a grunt, either assault or heavy.
    Noob question, how do i know when i have joined the corp? currently when i go to "my corp", i only see my default corporation that i joined when i created an account (SEITC).

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    i applied/joined several days ago. Fijiandoce mailed me regarding the server move. Thanks for that, a great chance to splurge on weapon.
    Been a long time lurker, tried Dust and liked it quite a bit!. Not sure what i want to specialize in yet. Right now, i'm mainly playing a grunt, either assault or heavy.
    Noob question, how do i know when i have joined the corp? currently when i go to "my corp", i only see my default corporation that i joined when i created an account (SEITC).
    Welcome to our modest corps!

either ghost, itachi or myself will accept the application next time we're on if you want.
    we're all going to have to reapply once the move takes place though

yeah, following the advice of ghost i spent 1million isk on 11 of best mercs
    i think the servers are now putting me in harder matches as a result. i got creamed
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I am really happy to have you both in the corp and on the site! Welcome to the PSU community! I will PM you a work-in-progress guide that I am working on that will show you which skills are best to work on first that will give you passive boosts to things you'll need no matter what role you end up choosing. I think focussing on these core skills is best and gives you time to choose without rushing you into a direction that you regret later on.

I like your merc name!

Welcome to our modest corps!

either ghost, itachi or myself will accept the application next time we're on if you want.
    we're all going to have to reapply once the move takes place though

yeah, following the advice of ghost i spent 1million isk on 11 of best mercs
    i think the servers are now putting me in harder matches as a result. i got creamed
    Haha modest alright! But I didn't expect much more given the closed beta status, sparse coverage and no pimping of the corp on front page etc.

What kind of set up do you use? I love the logistics role (logibro for life!). Mainyl cause I suck at FPS games but am really good at support. Also, I just love the logistics look...I run with the mass driver cause I think it's the perfect support weapon. It seems to have more of a fear effect on the enemy and can clear away any remote explosives at objectives.

After the wipe I will be working on the core skills outlined in the guide as well as dropship piloting.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i rock with the assault class

my most expensive merc comes in at just under 90K isk
    i don't use it a lot because it costs the world to replace
    i make do with a 7.5K merc most of the time

i've been working on my hacking speed as of late. will probably focus on this after the wipe.
    as well as the other core skills too of course

its true what you say about the mass driver though. i'll only reluctantly attack someone who's using it
    otherwise i try and flank
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    i rock with the assault class

my most expensive merc comes in at just under 90K isk
    i don't use it a lot because it costs the world to replace
    i make do with a 7.5K merc most of the time

i've been working on my hacking speed as of late. will probably focus on this after the wipe.
    as well as the other core skills too of course

its true what you say about the mass driver though. i'll only reluctantly attack someone who's using it
    otherwise i try and flank
    Yeah I agree that investing in hacking is quite a worthwhile investment, something I'll be doing too. Even with 10% speed boost module and 2 levels of hacking, it's a considerable boost.

I really look forward to getting into some squad gaming action with you, itachi, holly and Dellman. I know our differing time zones can make this tricky but we'll get it in for sure after the wipe.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Do we know when the server change is scheduled? or has it been done?
    I've been way too busy to play dust this last month but once the server switch is made I'll make a note to start playing again

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Do we know when the server change is scheduled? or has it been done?
    I've been way too busy to play dust this last month but once the server switch is made I'll make a note to start playing again
    Happens tomorrow! DUST will be offline for about 13 hours. Really hope that this is the last wipe so we can begin our mercs in earnest (CCP said it doesn't plan on having another wipe after the 10th).

I have given 3 mill ISK to Holly and Dellman as a lil welcome on board gift. hehe

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I've never saved up more than 1.5 mil :/

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I've never saved up more than 1.5 mil :/
    Money has been a fluctuating thing from build to build. Before Codex I was swimming in money, after Codex I was poor as anything, then in Chromosome they increased ISK rewards and I was swimming again, namely cause I used a militia logistics set up haha. Mr Fijian contributed some ISK to the wallet, as did I, and this is where the 6mill ISK came from. Seeing as it'sall going buh byes tomorrow, thought what the hell!

What kind of merc do you run when you play?

PSN ID
    zombfreak666
    i know its not my place for your corp name ghost but since you have a chance to change the name why not keep the consistency with your guild wars one but make the name

Psu Covert until Dawn Ghost Squad?

PSN ID
    zombfreak666
    Money has been a fluctuating thing from build to build. Before Codex I was swimming in money, after Codex I was poor as anything, then in Chromosome they increased ISK rewards and I was swimming again, namely cause I used a militia logistics set up haha. Mr Fijian contributed some ISK to the wallet, as did I, and this is where the 6mill ISK came from. Seeing as it'sall going buh byes tomorrow, thought what the hell!

What kind of merc do you run when you play?
    the build before last i was sitting pretty with a 3.6 kd and 20mil+ isk that i never used while i was rolling in the type 2 assault with proto shield and adv armor mods wielding a Gek and having av nades and gauged nano's

now i have a 2.25 kd because i was rolling militia for a bit as punishment for starting late when everyone else was in adv gear.

now i use the raven type 1 bpo with a std ar av nades bpo militia armor shield mods and bro nano's
    oh and my tanks i got allota tanks

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by theschizogenious View Post
    i know its not my place for your corp name ghost but since you have a chance to change the name why not keep the consistency with your guild wars one but make the name

Psu Covert until Dawn Ghost Squad?
    I'm always open for suggestions . Well, the tag word is "derailed"...Originally from PSU's "Podcast Derailed" (cause it never stays on topic lol). I like the sound of Covert Until Dawn too though...But then with the current name, it implies secretly/stealthily derailing something. Food for thought!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to earning SP and not thinking about another wipe.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by theschizogenious View Post
    the build before last i was sitting pretty with a 3.6 kd and 20mil+ isk that i never used while i was rolling in the type 2 assault with proto shield and adv armor mods wielding a Gek and having av nades and gauged nano's

now i have a 2.25 kd because i was rolling militia for a bit as punishment for starting late when everyone else was in adv gear.

now i use the raven type 1 bpo with a std ar av nades bpo militia armor shield mods and bro nano's
    oh and my tanks i got allota tanks
    If I worry about my K/D ratio I will get grey hairs and savage fits of depression haha. As I said, FPS games generally aren't my forte, but I LOVE Dust and I love support role so Logi is fine. I was always more objective/victory focussed in games anyway. I will get better with time though...until I jump into my DS. Pre Codex I was dropshipping most the time but there is no WP reward in that yet...

BTW...I know you're in a different corp and all...But it's nice having you here at PSU.

Hey Ghost, thanks for the PM! I don't have enough post yet to PM you back. I didn't realize the depth of the game and have been only focusing on access to weapons.

Do you guys know if they will continue to allow mixed control in the future, DS, move, m/k?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hey Ghost, thanks for the PM! I don't have enough post yet to PM you back. I didn't realize the depth of the game and have been only focusing on access to weapons.

Do you guys know if they will continue to allow mixed control in the future, DS, move, m/k?
    You're welcome! Man, you couldn't PM me back? That is weird...I didn't realise we had a limit on that. I'll raise this with the admin or community manager, that's not cool.

Yeah there is a lot of depth to the customisation aspect of this game. In fact I would go so far to say that it is one of the most hardcore FPS games in that regard.

I don't think there will be mixed controls in the future, but I will ask when I visit CCP next week (also, if you have any questions...errr...I'ma make a thread for community questions for CCP!). IIRC, there will be an overhaul to matchmaking that pairs people in groups according to control method, skill level, latency etc.

PSN ID
    zombfreak666
    I'm always open for suggestions . Well, the tag word is "derailed"...Originally from PSU's "Podcast Derailed" (cause it never stays on topic lol). I like the sound of Covert Until Dawn too though...But then with the current name, it implies secretly/stealthily derailing something. Food for thought!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to earning SP and not thinking about another wipe.
    the only problem i saw with the drailment part is that a name means alot in eve and if your brodcasting that your going to derail people that will put a target on your back and make people less likely to trust somebody that may derail them making it harder to gain blues.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    People need to start using nanite injectors.
    Its so cool when someone actually revives you

Thread Information