Latest PSU headlines:

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 334353 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1463
    Apprentice
    How often do you guys play? cause i live in the US (eastern time zone) and i dont wanna join and not be able to play with anybody (being as im new to it and not very good) lol.

PSN ID
    space_eyes
    Well there's a thread to post time zones and such. But there are a good amount of players in the west. I'm mountain time so not far off from you, hope to see you playing

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    How often do you guys play? cause i live in the US (eastern time zone) and i dont wanna join and not be able to play with anybody (being as im new to it and not very good) lol.
    you're more than welcome to join our corp

squading up with people is the fastest way to learn about dust. it also makes it easier too
    most people are on about now though...super early morning for me >_>
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    I live US east coast as well so there many of us to play online with you

Forum Guru
    I'm on pretty much every day and I tend to play 11pm-1am GMT. I'm sometimes on during the day if I've got time but usually no later than 1am. And the time I play, the Canadians are usually on so a few of us tend to be on at that time.

See if you can join us for a few games though, would be fun

what's your merc name?

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    I'm on pretty much every day and I tend to play 11pm-1am GMT. I'm sometimes on during the day if I've got time but usually no later than 1am. And the time I play, the Canadians are usually on so a few of us tend to be on at that time.

See if you can join us for a few games though, would be fun

what's your merc name?
    my merc name is the same as here Kawaiius..i just applied to join lol.

PSN ID
    xxMemphis
    Looking to join a laid back group that is active. Are you guys still taking on new members? I have played with Bill the Noon a few times...the corp I am in currently at best has 5 people online at once. I play typically 8-12est time so how does your turn out look during that time? I still have 5 hours left before I can leave my corp but will be doing so tonight. I love this game but it sucks playing solo.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by xxMemphis View Post
    Looking to join a laid back group that is active. Are you guys still taking on new members? I have played with Bill the Noon a few times...the corp I am in currently at best has 5 people online at once. I play typically 8-12est time so how does your turn out look during that time? I still have 5 hours left before I can leave my corp but will be doing so tonight. I love this game but it sucks playing solo.
    Excellent! PSUGS will be ALWAYS taking on new members. We are super laid back and we have a lot of members from the US so you should be fine.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...your-time-zone this thread has the time zones of our mercs (those who have come to the forums). Be sure to post your time (in GMT) I look forward to squading up some time.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Apprentice

Hi. Just send an application and you will be accepted. Thats a good time to meet up, there is normaly a few people on at that time. With more everyday.
    i love couch co op

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    a director will accept the application asap

well, you have come to the right place

most of our members are active on the forums as well as dust, so it shouldn't be too hard to meet up with people, im pretty sure those times you provided are our busiest times though. so no problems there

a few of our members have put down their details for others members to find, add yours there too:
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...your-time-zone
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice

So ghost gonna try to join the war council. I hear they are hand picking the members. It would be neat to see what they are planning ahead of time.
    i love couch co op

Forum Guru
    Look forward to playing with the both of you trust me we've got some good guys to play with that are on regularly.

what's your merc name Memphis?

My merc is Dorada Aquila

My first PSU article!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    I'm pretty sure I've played against Memphis once or twice? You're a heavy right? But yeah man, I'm east coast as well, so we should be on at the same time quite bit. Looking forward to playing with ya.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    this game is too much!

been in ambush all day using the laser rifle and it only compounds how much work it needs. my eyes are sore damnit!!!
    dat fps is low! CCP should do us a solid and remove some of the FX so that we can play it proper.

to justify that, looking at 30fps after playing dust is like watching silk fall
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    Finally got in and im ready to play, im a total newb by the way, i mean total.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    this game is too much!

been in ambush all day using the laser rifle and it only compounds how much work it needs. my eyes are sore damnit!!!
    dat fps is low! CCP should do us a solid and remove some of the FX so that we can play it proper.

to justify that, looking at 30fps after playing dust is like watching silk fall
    Haha it's what you get for using a laser rifle. Those things kill me so quick!

Finally got in and im ready to play, im a total newb by the way, i mean total.
    Don't worry, I still do noobish things lol. I'm going to be playing for the next few hours if you're around.

Edit: My ps3 isn't working as when I try to sign into PSN it has just started freezing everytime so I won't be online until I can fix this. Hope it isn't a major issue
    Last edited by holly; 03-22-2013 at 13:55.

My first PSU article!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Haha it's what you get for using a laser rifle. Those things kill me so quick!

Don't worry, I still do noobish things lol. I'm going to be playing for the next few hours if you're around.

Edit: My ps3 isn't working as when I try to sign into PSN it has just started freezing everytime so I won't be online until I can fix this. Hope it isn't a major issue
    jaja, i run away from the laser rifle and im not afraid to say it
    in our little head to head duboi utterly thrashed me with his laser rifle. mine needs some work

i also got that bug, when i signed in the system became unresponsive. luckily its only happened the once though.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]
    jaja, i run away from the laser rifle and im not afraid to say it
    in our little head to head duboi utterly thrashed me with his laser rifle. mine needs some work

i also got that bug, when i signed in the system became unresponsive. luckily its only happened the once though.
    Haha yeah it's ridiculous.

It won't stop happening and it's only started today can't sign in at all without it freezing. I'm going to try a complete restore of my ps3 once I've done a backup. I seriously hope that fixes it.

Typical though as I set aside most of today just to play DUST...lol.

Edit: Ahhhhhh there wasn't a problem at all. I just had to renew my account with my ISP and now it is working. Tbh I didn't think to check if it was connected to the internet because it just froze so I thought it was a system issue...feel stupid now lol but glad it's working!
    Last edited by holly; 03-22-2013 at 14:59.

My first PSU article!

PSN ID
    space_eyes
    Nice. I think it took me Twp days to reinstall/download login due to schedule. But I had a good scare because my character disappeared. Almost crudded my pants. Didn't think to check if I was logged in to the right account on the PSN.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    So there's going to be some big lore event today (supposedly) which is basically a battle for Caldari Prime. Rumor is that's what that leaked skybox with the crashed Titan in the background is part of. I guess it's currently orbiting the planet (and is/might get shot down) and the Gallente are kind of pissed at Tibus Heth and the Caldari so they're going to try and re-take/invade the planet (or something like that). Anyway, might jump back on today for this if I can, and hopefully help the Gallente win.

Apprentice

Seems like i've been fighting for caldari prime for days now.
    i love couch co op

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    So there was a dev blog about new equipment that briefly came out today and was quickly removed. They said it would be posted a couple hours later, but never was. Anyway, someone saved the text and here it is for anyone who's interested.

Equipment Is Your Friend

Success on the battlegrounds of DUST 514 is about more than just who has the biggest gun. Equipment plays a vital part in defining the role you play on the battlefield. Fit a nanite injector to your assault type II dropsuit and you’re a front line medic, resurrecting your fallen team mates. Fit a repair tool and you become a combat engineer, repairing damaged dropsuits and vehicles as well as giving your squad active armor repair during a firefight.

The fondly nicknamed ‘logibro’ logistics dropsuits are of course the kings of battlefield equipment usage. With more equipment slots than any other dropsuit class they can carry multiple equipment types making them incredibly useful squad mates. A Logistics A-Series can for example, resupply his squad with nanohives, provide tactical spawn locations with drop uplinks and keep them fighting fit with a repair tool.

It’s been really interesting to see what types of equipment have been the most popular during the Beta so far. In first place we have the ever popular Nano Hive with an epic 106,537,393 units purchased for ISK! Following this we then have repair tools, remote explosives and lastly drop uplinks, but even together they couldn’t topple the mighty Nano Hive having collectively sold 104,913,684 units. If you check out the graph below you can see the relative popularity as well as the massive spike when we opened up the Beta floodgates.

So you know that there are a bunch of new weapons rolling off the New Eden production lines in the next update but what about equipment? Well, we’re planning on reintroducing the Active Scanner. Some of the veteran Beta players may remember it’s rather buggy first appearance (followed by rapid disappearance) last year during the closed testing. We’ve taken some time to retool it’s functionality, add new HUD elements and feedback mechanisms so soon it will be back, new and improved! The scanner is a powerful squad support tool, your enemies will have nowhere to hide as you scan and transmit their positions to your squad mates. I expect to see a rise in the popularity of profile dampener modules once the new scanners roll out as people try to mask their signals.

A-45 Linear Active Scanner

Sending out a triggered pulse of high-frequency magnetometric waves and interpreting the results with an uplinked onboard computer, the Active Scanner gives ground units a snapshot of enemy positions. Projection nodes set at specific angles on the hand-held device, generate a vectored impulse capable of extracting objects from high-noise environments. Feedback from the pulse is filtered to reduce ambient clutter and pinpoint targets lacking IFF signals.

Though the amount of energy required to produce the blast is much greater than its on-board power source can readily generate, the Active Scanner makes use of redundant J-24 micro-capacitors to circulate and build the charge up to the required output. The resulting delay between activations is a small price to pay for the enormous tactical advantage the device provides its user, even considering that the amount of sensor backscatter generated reveals the user to all nearby enemies at the same time it is detecting their positions.

Layered hybrid steel casing prevents atmospheric matter and hostile electronic effects from hampering functionality
    Recursive capacitors rapidly transition a small amount of initial charge into the much larger pulse required for scanning
    Wireless uplink sends feedback data directly to the TACNET, instantly updating the heads-up-display with enemy positions

So that’s what you can expect in the next update, but what about beyond that? There are two equipment items on the top of our list that we want to get in to the game as soon as we can. The first is a Shield Generator. Ever wished for some cover where there isn’t any? Wish no more, with the shield generator you’ll be able to deploy your own personal static shield bubble. Pretty handy when a ship is dropping bombs on your head from orbit or you’ve been caught in the open by an enemy trying to melt you with a laser rifle.

The second item is a Cloaking Field. This sneaky bit of kit will not only make you (almost) invisible to other combatants, it will also blind turret AI targeting systems. It isn’t perfect invisibility, scanners will still pick you up if you haven’t masked your signal well enough, motion will disrupt the field to some extent and weapon fire will cause the field to shut down. This means it will take some skill to use to its maximum potential. This item is going to be a real game changer, particularly for Scout dropsuits which have been screaming out for stealth gear.

There are quite a few more items on our list as always (one begins with a w) but I think that’s all we’ll be revealing for now.

CCP Wolfman

23. Likes DEADMUDD likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    That seems pretty cool. I like the Deployable shied

Apprentice

Just beat the fenrir wolves again in a corp battle, it was reasonably close. Good game to them. Hope to fight them again.

Think im gonna get the corp up to 150 mill in the corp wallet this weekend. Planetary conquest sounds like it will be expensive.
    i love couch co op

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bill the noon View Post
    Just beat the fenrir wolves again in a corp battle, it was reasonably close. Good game to them. Hope to fight them again.

Think im gonna get the corp up to 150 mill in the corp wallet this weekend. Planetary conquest sounds like it will be expensive.
    Awesome, sounds like it was a good match.

It does sound like planetary conquest will be expensive and if we ever decide to do an alliance apparently it costs 1 billion ISK.

Looked on the leader boards last night and we were 112th which I think is pretty good!

My first PSU article!

27. Likes Ghost likes this post

Thread Information