Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 374757 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1463
    Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    RE: Tank thwarting

how we all doing with our counter measures?
    i've almost speced into the lowest Galente tank (the high armor one). i should be up and running by weeks end!
    this thing has so many skills to learn
    I have gone straight for the top tank so I am at Level 2 of the Caldari tank, only just. So with another 500,000+ SP I'll have it but then I still have to get the vehicle modules and get it kitted out.

I've calculated that if I hit the cap for SP each week plus passive SP then it will take 2 weeks to get to Level 3 and then probably about a week to get some decent vehicle modules.

Tbh, I thought it would be quicker than that lol. Like you said, so many skills to learn!!

I hate tanks so much that I want to have a super good one before I deploy my first one in a corp battle. If they bring out a tank I want to be able to crush it in no time

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

2. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    I have gone straight for the top tank so I am at Level 2 of the Caldari tank, only just. So with another 500,000+ SP I'll have it but then I still have to get the vehicle modules and get it kitted out.

I've calculated that if I hit the cap for SP each week plus passive SP then it will take 2 weeks to get to Level 3 and then probably about a week to get some decent vehicle modules.

Tbh, I thought it would be quicker than that lol. Like you said, so many skills to learn!!

I hate tanks so much that I want to have a super good one before I deploy my first one in a corp battle. If they bring out a tank I want to be able to crush it in no time
    the words of a true poet

i'll prolly spawn the tanks for others to drive. i've been in tanks twice as the commander and both times it did not end well
    so i'll see how effective the low level tanks are based on others' exploits.
    hopefully they'll make good use of my money

and i'll prolly spawn the ones with modules(the expensive tanks) for our corp members in corp battles.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Guru
    the words of a true poet

i'll prolly spawn the tanks for others to drive. i've been in tanks twice as the commander and both times it did not end well
    so i'll see how effective the low level tanks are based on others' exploits.
    hopefully they'll make good use of my money

and i'll prolly spawn the ones with modules(the expensive tanks) for our corp members in corp battles.
    Lol yeah I've not decided yet if I'm going to command the tanks. I'm happy for other people to do it as I like running and gunning

I think between us we'll definitely have tanks covered and I think for corp battles a few people have said that they're happy with the corp funding the tanks which would be really helpful because I reckon by the time I'm done my tank will cost about 1.5 mil a go another reason why I'm not sure if i'll command - that's a lot of ISK to be responsible for!

Has anyone been developing their anti tank skills?

My first PSU article!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I have level 1 proficiancy with the swarm launcher, DuBoi has also been working on the SL. I also have level 1 tanks...I have about 10 gunlogis which are at about 5.5k shield (not quite good enough!).

6. Likes holly, Fijiandoce likes this post

PSN ID
    space_eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I have level 1 proficiancy with the swarm launcher, DuBoi has also been working on the SL. I also have level 1 tanks...I have about 10 gunlogis which are at about 5.5k shield (not quite good enough!).
    I'm almost at my next drop ship, those don't look like they will be cheap either. But I do have 70 of the upper tier in stock so far. What's that about 30 mill worth? Not including additions but I hope they last longer than the merc versions. It's nice piloting around but more difficult to get people on board. I tried adding the mobil CRU to current setup but just doesn't seem to be worth because i don't seem to get a respawn bonus. Humbug.

Also has anyone else noticed that uplinks can only be used by people on their squad? Or something to that effect anyways. Really notice it in corp battles, between Dubois' and my uplinks we can't spawn at eachothers unless we are on the same squad. Have yet to determine if we can utilize them being in no squad yet though... Trying to determine if the uplinks are useful or not.... bah.

8. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Apprentice
    All this is gibberish to me, i wish i understood this game better.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    Lol yeah I've not decided yet if I'm going to command the tanks. I'm happy for other people to do it as I like running and gunning

I think between us we'll definitely have tanks covered and I think for corp battles a few people have said that they're happy with the corp funding the tanks which would be really helpful because I reckon by the time I'm done my tank will cost about 1.5 mil a go another reason why I'm not sure if i'll command - that's a lot of ISK to be responsible for!

Has anyone been developing their anti tank skills?
    thats a lot of isk indeed

the cheap tanks start at 200k isk so i can afford 2 spawns a battle (almost), however, i did mock up a fitting out of reach of my skill level that cost about 700k isk. these things get pricey real fast

but yes, between the pair of us i think we can supply tanks for the corp on a regular basis. our corp battles should start getting quite interesting soon!
    ghost and dubois seem to be making headway with infantry solutions which is a god send!

all in all, i think we're going to be unstoppable come next corp battle XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    All this is gibberish to me, i wish i understood this game better.
    we're more than happy to help if you find anything particularly troubling

just say the word and we'll help as best we can

currently, conversation is focused on tanks and stopping/attaining them
    me and holly are trying to provide tanks to those who aren't skilled in them (can't call them in) so any member can potentially pilot a tank.
    and ghost & dubois are leveling up their swarm launchers (rocket launchers) to attack tanks on foot.
    Vag is kitting his dropships with CRU which should allow you to spawn on him as he flies about the stage

our corp is becoming an unstoppable force!

SoonTM

Quote Originally Posted by Vag Eye Lenol View Post
    I'm almost at my next drop ship, those don't look like they will be cheap either. But I do have 70 of the upper tier in stock so far. What's that about 30 mill worth? Not including additions but I hope they last longer than the merc versions. It's nice piloting around but more difficult to get people on board. I tried adding the mobil CRU to current setup but just doesn't seem to be worth because i don't seem to get a respawn bonus. Humbug.

Also has anyone else noticed that uplinks can only be used by people on their squad? Or something to that effect anyways. Really notice it in corp battles, between Dubois' and my uplinks we can't spawn at eachothers unless we are on the same squad. Have yet to determine if we can utilize them being in no squad yet though... Trying to determine if the uplinks are useful or not.... bah.
    i drop uplinks all over the map for anybody to use

it could just be that nobody is using them. i know i get annoyed when i see people avoiding my advantageous drop uplinks in favour of spawning in a compromised location.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

11. Likes holly likes this post

PSN ID
    matthew.pittis@gmail.com
    Hello Ghost-Rhayne and fellow Dust players. I've been playing the open beta for about a month now, and I've been looking for a corp to join. I'm definitely a casual player, as going lone wolf all the time can be a bit of a grind, but I think a fun corp could change that. I'll be searching for Ghost Syndicate next time I'm on, and I'm hoping to be able to join some of you on the battlefield.

13. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Welcome Vox, to PSU and the corp. Thanks for dropping by and joining. See you in battle.

15. Likes vox_vulpix likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    I've finally gotten to assault type2 suits, but they're like 50k isk a suit. But my skills are finally coming together and I'm able to live through a few kills instead of killing one person then immediately dying, lol.

Apprentice

As far as anti tanking goes ive been getting results just shooting my hmg at tanks. It can't take out a tank but it can help bring it down faster. If you have a laser it will hurt the sheilds on a tank alot, the armor not so much.
    i love couch co op

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by vox_vulpix View Post
    Hello Ghost-Rhayne and fellow Dust players. I've been playing the open beta for about a month now, and I've been looking for a corp to join. I'm definitely a casual player, as going lone wolf all the time can be a bit of a grind, but I think a fun corp could change that. I'll be searching for Ghost Syndicate next time I'm on, and I'm hoping to be able to join some of you on the battlefield.
    Welcome to the corp Vox I accepted your application earlier, look forward to playing some games with you.

My first PSU article!

19. Likes vox_vulpix likes this post
    PSN ID
    DEADMUDD
    You better have good high level tanks ,2 bring in the game because in some of the games i have been
    in latey I have killed a lot of tanks, some are the good ones some cheap ones. I get
    with level 4, and level 1 swarms so be safe what you bring in battle

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADMUDD View Post
    You better have good high level tanks ,2 bring in the game because in some of the games i have been
    in latey I have killed a lot of tanks, some are the good ones some cheap ones. I get
    Well I'm planning to max out all tank skills so I should be bringing in one of the best tanks there can be.

It would be good however if we could test the tanks between ourselves and see if we can destroy them just to see how good they actually are.

My first PSU article!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADMUDD View Post
    my tank has 4000 shield and 8000 armor how does it stack up?

it cost 500k so if it ain't going to last a while i will consider upgrading it more before i start spawning it
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

it cost 500k so if it ain't going to last a while i will consider upgrading it more before i start spawning it
    So glad our skills can be retrained haha, I chose the wrong tank. That's an impressive tank in terms of overall HP.

That's really good. Is it a level 2 tank? My gunnologi is 420K and it only has 5.5K shield and some 2k armor. And it doesn't last very long, mainly coz i suck at driving. With the sp refund coming, i'm contemplating on not investing on any tanks, as i rarely use it as it is, and invest it in heavy/forge gun as my anti tank solution.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    That's really good. Is it a level 2 tank? My gunnologi is 420K and it only has 5.5K shield and some 2k armor. And it doesn't last very long, mainly coz i suck at driving. With the sp refund coming, i'm contemplating on not investing on any tanks, as i rarely use it as it is, and invest it in heavy/forge gun as my anti tank solution.
    its the level 1 gelente armor tank

many of the modules are unlocked because of the skills i speced for my assault class

i think its base is 800 shield and 4000 armor or something.
    i have a passive shield extender that is +3000 and 3 armor mods worth ~+3000
    and a mobile CRU

i think the Uprising build will separate the above little exploit, i was a bit amazed i could buy such high level stuff tbh
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    $#@! me! i've nearly gone bust fitting an optimal tank

i seem to have found a decent fit though im hesitant about spawning it for members as the role is quite different from that of a soldier. this thing is slow as balls
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah that's where the shield tanks excell, you have to accommodate your play style for both.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Yeah that's where the shield tanks excell, you have to accommodate your play style for both.
    i survived an Orbital in my tank

im happy to spawn that tank for other corp members if they've got the penchant for that play style; i do not, you can chalk me up as being officially broke in dust now
    started the day at 5 million isk, ending it with only a mere 6k
    got the tank fittings sorted though so its all good.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice

According to the dust 514 ywitter there is a chance to get some black eagle scout suits today. Check for merc contracts.
    i love couch co op

its the level 1 gelente armor tank

many of the modules are unlocked because of the skills i speced for my assault class

i think its base is 800 shield and 4000 armor or something.
    i have a passive shield extender that is +3000 and 3 armor mods worth ~+3000
    and a mobile CRU

i think the Uprising build will separate the above little exploit, i was a bit amazed i could buy such high level stuff tbh
    I don't mind driving/spawning tanks for merc battle eventhough it's not my preferred style of play and that i'm a lousy driver. I don't have protosuits yet, and since all the good corps have proto suits, the guys with the protosuits in our corp should focus on infantry battles.

Ideally in merc battles we have two tanks: one with a large blaster for infantry suppression and control, and another with large ion canon to snipe from afar to destroy enemy CRU and supply depot.

Apprentice

Ouch the cost for a starter pack of 150 clones for planetary conquest has just shot up from 20 mill to 80 mill we now only have enough cash for one attempt.. we are almost at 160 but the corp battles on the weekend will probably drain this a bit.
    i love couch co op

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah we are going to have to get our ISK farming game on.

Thread Information